forum

[duplicate] Vote to Evict Host

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
- Carter -
There should be a way to call a vote to evict the current host, say if the host is AFK, or does not follow agreed upon lobby host rotation rules. It would have to be a unanimous vote (or at least high majority).
GhostFrog
Meeeeeh, I'd rather this not be added.

Not following agreed upon host rotation rules would be better solved through some sort of automated host rotation option. I'm pretty sure there was a recent-ish request for that that might be worth reviving.

Host being afk could be solved by a time limit on choosing a map.

Host being a "troll" (you didn't list this in the OP but I'm including it as another reason I could see people wanting to vote host out) could be solved by being able to set restrictions on the maps chosen. I would be kinda sad to see that implemented because I could definitely see a few of my friends using it specifically to prevent me from choosing certain maps, but it could be used to prevent, for example, host from choosing atama no pony freeze [four dimensions] in a room in which no one can play them. Would also make it easier to find a multiplayer room you'll enjoy. Pretty sure there's also a request out there for this one. I personally wouldn't like voting host out to exist for this for those cases in which host isn't actually being a troll and just has different taste.

This request would help with multiple issues, but it's pretty crude and abusable and I'd rather we tackle the problems in other ways.
drum drum
Already requested. Bump: t/143792/start=0
- Sugoi Sugoi -
^ dupe