forum

Overriding skins with your current skin? [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Zetta
Maybe it's just me but when I play a map without the skin I'm used to I don't play as well as I usually do.

Then there's "Those" maps...you know the ones I'm talking about.

The maps where the skin is just plain silly, you can't tell if the slider is a repeating slider and the score stays up for too long or is too big that it blocks other hit circles in the process.

Now I know the situation could be easily solved by simply deleting that skin but then that requires me to alt+tab out of osu, find the osu folder, find the song folder, find the song, find the skin and delete it. So I'm just wondering if there could be an option in the download to download it without the skin or possibly a mod that uses your current skin no matter what and doesn't affect(effect?) and score multipliers.
Derekku
Never.

This has been denied countless times. The only thing you can override is your cursor.
Ekaru
You are, however, free to post in the map creator's thread (even if it's ranked) and politely tell them that you have troubles with their skin (and say exactly what the troubles are), though it may possibly be just you, and in the future they should make sure lots of people look at their map's skin to make sure it's 100% playable by almost everybody.

Or you could just tell them that you think the skin sucks. But that's not very nice.
Topic Starter
Zetta

Ekaru wrote:

You are, however, free to post in the map creator's thread (even if it's ranked) and politely tell them that you have troubles with their skin (and say exactly what the troubles are), though it may possibly be just you, and in the future they should make sure lots of people look at their map's skin to make sure it's 100% playable by almost everybody.

Or you could just tell them that you think the skin sucks. But that's not very nice.
I guess so but mayn...effort... =/
qlum

Zetta wrote:

Ekaru wrote:

I guess so but mayn...effort... =/
even if you would the mapper would most likely just ignore you