forum

Cursor trail separation?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Varvasia
Okay, I've been trying to make a cursor trail that separates instead of just sticking together in a line. Like if I made a circle as the cursor trail I want it to be spaced out from each other and not clumped together.
Haskorion
Just put your cursortrail into an image manipulation program and extend the canvas size of it.
For example you have a 40x40 trail and you extend the sizes to e.g. 100x100. As a result the trail won't be producing a compact trail.
Additionally don't use cursormiddle.png since it raises the amount of afterimages drawn.

As a last note, you may experience some small fps loss since your trail is larger and osu! has more pixels to render.
Topic Starter
Varvasia

Haskorion wrote:

Just put your cursortrail into an image manipulation program and extend the canvas size of it.
For example you have a 40x40 trail and you extend the sizes to e.g. 100x100. As a result the trail won't be producing a compact trail.
Additionally don't use cursormiddle.png since it raises the amount of afterimages drawn.

As a last note, you may experience some small fps loss since your trail is larger and osu! has more pixels to render.
Hey man thank you for saving me from the headache!