forum

Reference to new username in User Search. [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
I was using the user search option and wanted to look for someone, but then their name changed, and I didn't know what their new name was. I had to go to irc and ask who he was now~.

What I'd like is a referral to the user's profile under the new name.

Just an example, let's say people were looking for my profile. They search CDFA, and right now, they get "THIS USER DOES NOT EXIST". There can be something that says "User changed name to "Justin Bieber"

If the name was taken by someone else after the previous user changed it (Such as Gladi and GladiOol), there can be a little bar above the profile going "Name was previously owned by _____ (in this case, GladiOol)

If a name was taken from a deleted account (such as Sushi and Sushi971), then it can say "Name was previously owned by a deleted account).

I explained this terribly, but I hope you get what I'm saying.
Derekku
viewtopic.php?p=490029#p490029

See my post as well as peppy's reply.
LuigiHann

Derekku wrote:

http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/viewtopic.php?p=490029#p490029

peppy's reply doesn't address the searching issue, just the availability issue...
Derekku

LuigiHann wrote:

Derekku wrote:

http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/viewtopic.php?p=490029#p490029

peppy's reply doesn't address the searching issue, just the availability issue...
Having a message on one's account stating that someone else used to own it is just silly imo.

I'd think that reserving/searching names would be included together.
0_o

Derekku wrote:

Having a message on one's account stating that someone else used to own it is just silly imo.
I think if the message were there temporarily for a few weeks it would be fine; just until everyone is aware of the name change.
Cuddlebun
plus it lets you know how unoriginal the person with the name is ^___~