forum

[invalid] Beatmap Editor Import

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
annopnod
Beatmap Editor Can Import Guitar Hero to Beatmap.
Using reverse osu!mania algorithm,
PieInOblivion

annopnod wrote:

Beatmap Editor Can Import Guitar Hero to Beatmap.
Using reverse Osu!mania algorithm,
Could you please be a little more descriptive.

Have it got it right that you want to import 'Guitar Hero' (For PC) Maps to Osu!Mania? So to literally drag and drop maps from Guitar Hero, and import to Osu!Mania editor, so you can submit it and call it yours?

I'm not sure how Guitar Hero maps are stored, but am I correct in thinking that Guitar Hero stores the song and note placement into a single custom format of theirs? If so, you would have to find the algorithm the game uses to read the file and write a program to transfer that data to Osu? This would be near impossible and require way too much time to do.

You could just record the rhythm/notes, on screen capture software, then find the song, and just place the notes in the same order the game does. That would be a million times easier than trying to unpack Guitar Hero for its encoder. That's my take on it. Sorry.
Bara-
No
Also, if what ^^ said is true, it's impossible due to the way .osu files work
Then you also need permission from Guitar Hero. And you are most likely not receiving that
PieInOblivion
Besides, whats wrong with doing it yourself?
Bara-

PieInOblivion wrote:

Besides, whats wrong with doing it yourself?
That way you can understand the mapping process better, and while imitating good maps (well, they are official, so I think they are good) your maps will also increase in quality
PieInOblivion

baraatje123 wrote:

your maps will also increase in quality
yeah, what he said. I'm on my 8th map and only now people are starting to say (You've improved, is this your second map?). Now I'm not saying it takes that long, but practice makes perfect.
Oinari-sama
Importing stuff from proprietary game? Don't see this happening at all...
Kibbleru
Hexis supports osu maps kappa :D