forum

Is it possible to remove that "glowing color" during taiko?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Amlink
Well, I've been working on a skin that combines some of the top players around the world skin's that includes elements that make maps way easier to read during gameplay. Simplicity is my favorite. I just colored the fruit droplets in exgons skin with different colors from the base of the whole skin which came from.... The "best Osu! player ever" you guys know who I'm talking about. Anyway I've always been looking for the proper skin elements for taiko and the thing is is that I don't find the combo color effect such as orange and red or green basically color glowing based off of 300 or 200 or whatever the taiko timing number system includes due to the fact that the hit circles are red and blue and it harder to mess up and be "blinded" by the similar colors. I have aquired a taiko skin I want to use. But the combo glow that occurs at parts of the map that constantly glowing for a while not the accuracy but I think it's called the "combo color" ?!? Idk XD?!? Anyway I was wondering if it's possible to delete that from the skin to get rid of that constant glow and if that does work I also need to know if the original default glow of orange would just take its place? Basically I have the 200 and 300 indicator colors replaced with a colorless design and simply want to completely get rid of the "glow" during pats of all maps! Thx so much for your time!!!
Full Tablet

Amlink wrote:

Well, I've been working on a skin that combines some of the top players around the world skin's that includes elements that make maps way easier to read during gameplay. Simplicity is my favorite. I just colored the fruit droplets in exgons skin with different colors from the base of the whole skin which came from.... The "best Osu! player ever" you guys know who I'm talking about. Anyway I've always been looking for the proper skin elements for taiko and the thing is is that I don't find the combo color effect such as orange and red or green basically color glowing based off of 300 or 200 or whatever the taiko timing number system includes due to the fact that the hit circles are red and blue and it harder to mess up and be "blinded" by the similar colors. I have aquired a taiko skin I want to use. But the combo glow that occurs at parts of the map that constantly glowing for a while not the accuracy but I think it's called the "combo color" ?!? Idk XD?!? Anyway I was wondering if it's possible to delete that from the skin to get rid of that constant glow and if that does work I also need to know if the original default glow of orange would just take its place? Basically I have the 200 and 300 indicator colors replaced with a colorless design and simply want to completely get rid of the "glow" during pats of all maps! Thx so much for your time!!!
https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Skinning#Taiko
Topic Starter
Amlink
Um this answers nothing
Topic Starter
Amlink
Would appreciate a yes or no answer if that is possible to be removed not a chart with random things I don't know about or how to decipher
Piine
That wiki page kinda sums up skinning for taiko. Not really quite hard to "decipher". If you want to have a mindful knowledge when it comes to skinning, the wiki gives you a great start.

On topic, seeing there are many taiko skins that go for the simplistic look, (such as Inori's skins) the possible answer would probably be yes, though how to establish that feat, I have no clue.
Bara-
Yeah
I also saw some skins don't have it
Quite surprised it was actually skinnable as it's kiai (and peppy will never allow to disable that)
I'll look at my skin to see what part is used for that
Haskorion
What are you even talking about? The orange glow around the hitcircles or the strobing during kiai?
For the orange glow the image name is taiko-glow.png and you can easily replace it with a blank image.
About the strobing, it can't be removed.