posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
GladiOol
Mapping Contest :

happy30 and I decided to make a mapping contest~
The rules are practically the same as in Beatmapping Contest #2

Rules :
  1. There are 3 songs you can pick from. You can map only 1 of them or all 3 if you want to.
  2. The map you are making for the song must consist out of 3 difficulties; Hard/Insane, Normal and Easy.
  3. Timing has already been made in every song by happy30 and I, so no worries about that. So is a background and TAGs.
  4. No storyboarding allowed.
  5. No Taiko, nor CTB-only difficulties allowed.
  6. Do not upload your beatmap with the osu! BBS (Beatmap Submission System). Read below at 'Submission' for further details.
Songs :
  1. Weave Detonator

Artist: MEGA & Tatsh
    Genre: Techno (Instrumental)
    - YouTube preview
    Download .osz here!
  1. Pyramid

Artist: Charice feat. Iyaz
    Genre: Pop (English)
    - YouTube preview
    Download .osz here!
  1. White Mirage

Artist: Tatsh feat. Tsukiko
    Genre: Novelty (Japanese)
    - YouTube preview
    Download .osz here!
Submission :
  1. Don't upload your beatmap on the osu! site!
  2. Uploading will be done with the Puush website. ( http://www.puush.me )
    It's a website peppy made, where you can upload your files to. Upload them privatley so other people can't see them!
    When you've done that Private Message (PM) me the download link.
  3. Now you are thinking probably like: 'Now you know who mapped it!' That doesn't matter, I don't judge by mapper x)
    Also the other judges won't know who mapped it, just me~
Judges:
  1. Gladi
  2. happy30
  3. Doomsday93
  4. Lesjuh
  5. ~secret~
Deadline will be at 30 September 23:59 GMT+0
No prizes can be won, it's just for fun~

Good luck!
matusiek3
SPOILER

GladiOol wrote:

Mapping Contest :

happy30 and I decided to make a mapping contest~
The rules are practicly the same as in Beatmapping Contest #2

Rules :
  1. There are 3 songs you can pick from. You can map only 1 of them or all 3 if you want to.
  2. The map you are making for the song must consist out of 3 difficulties; Hard/Insane, Normal and Easy.
  3. Timing has already been made in every song by happy30 and I, so no worries about that. So is a background and TAGs.
  4. No storyboarding allowed.
  5. No Taiko, nor CTB-only difficulties allowed.
  6. Do not upload your beatmap with the osu! BBS (Beatmap Submission System). With the help of strager we are already looking for a place for you people to post your maps at.
Songs :
  1. Weave Detonator

Artist: MEGA & Tatsh
    Genre: Techno (Instrumental)
    - YouTube preview
    Download .osz here!
  1. Pyramid

- YouTube preview
    Download .osz here!
  1. White Mirage

Artist: Tatsh feat. Tsukiko
    Genre: Rock (Japanese)
    - YouTube preview
    Download .osz here!
Submission :
  1. Don't upload your beatmap on the osu! site! We're still working on a place where you people can upload it. (Thanks strager!)
  2. Further information coming when that site is up & ready~
Judges:
  1. Gladi
  2. happy30
  3. Doomsday93
  4. ~secret~
  5. ~secret~
Deadline will be at 30 September 23:59 GMT+0
No prizes can be won, it's just for fun~

Good luck!
I'm not a good beatmapper but I think I can try. :D
0_o
Nice song selection ^_^ I'll be sure to give the first two a shot.

Also you should make up a fancy "Unofficial Beatmapping Contest Winner" signature for the winner.
Ekaru
Thank you, participating for sure
Xgor
So I see you like Tatsh
DeletedUser_151115
-snip-
aRiskOfRain

GladiOol wrote:

Genre: Rock (Japanese)
wat
fartownik
Cool idea guys :) I will gladly participate.
LuigiHann
I bet if you ask nicely, Echo could set up a submit form like the one we used for Beatmapping Contest 2. But that's up to you I suppose. Have fun :)
Topic Starter
GladiOol

LuigiHann wrote:

I bet if you ask nicely, Echo could set up a submit form like the one we used for Beatmapping Contest 2. But that's up to you I suppose. Have fun :)
O thanks! I'll try that tomorrow :D
peppy
You know, you could always make this official and use our beatmap contest submission system? It'll reduce the overhead in downloading maps and whatnot, too.
mm201
This could get political.
Symbolic
i decided i'll participate and map pyramid @gladi
jockeytiyan

GladiOol wrote:

1. Pyramid

- YouTube preview
    Download .osz here!
WTF Gladi, WTF...seriously...
Dotsu
Only 5 judges?Should be more~
Also,very few people knew this
Topic Starter
GladiOol

impossiblexu wrote:

Only 5 judges?Should be more~
Also,very few people knew this
5 is more than enough.
fartownik
Could you explain me why custom hitsounds are not allowed (or maybe they're and I've got wrong info)?
happy30

fartownik wrote:

Could you explain me why custom hitsounds are not allowed (or maybe they're and I've got wrong info)?
If you got custom hitsound suggestions, you can post the files and maybe we can allow some.
fartownik
http://up.ppy.sh/files/short.wav - synthetic drum
http://up.ppy.sh/files/hitsound2.wav - techno beat

from SFG's custom hitsounds library;
work best in Weave Detonator ofc
Topic Starter
GladiOol
fartownik, they aren't allowed also for the fact the beatmap submission system is still actually a W.i.p.
peppy is looking in to it and is trying to get a beatmap submission sytem on the forums so the uploading will be easier.
Only problem is that I don't know yet if customhitsounds are possible to be added with the submission then.

I'll post later again if I have more information.
Symbolic
Weave Detonator's dl is weirddddd.. It takes me 30 min to dl it, while the other 2 dl's take 1 minute only :S
Garven
These are all fairly lengthy songs. Are there certain points you expect us to map to/from? Or you want us to just do our own thing?
Doomsday

Garven wrote:

These are all fairly lengthy songs. Are there certain points you expect us to map to/from? Or you want us to just do our own thing?
I'd assume that you make that choice. You can choose where you want to map from and how much of it you want to map.
Larto
Why haven't I seen this earlieerrrrrr
Takuma
i kno rite

i'll participate fo sho

LIKE A PYRAMIDDDDD
RandomJibberish
My pyramid sliderart will be sexiest
Bass
One question, does map must be long as mp3 is?
Gens

Bass-chan wrote:

One question, does map must be long as mp3 is?

Doomsday wrote:

Garven wrote:

I'd assume that you make that choice. You can choose where you want to map from and how much of it you want to map.
By the way, I would enter this contest if it wasn't for my video card. :c
maay

GladiOol wrote:

fartownik, they aren't allowed also for the fact the beatmap submission system is still actually a W.i.p.
peppy is looking in to it and is trying to get a beatmap submission sytem on the forums so the uploading will be easier.
Only problem is that I don't know yet if customhitsounds are possible to be added with the submission then.

I'll post later again if I have more information.
I'd prefer if only the default hitsounds were allowed, but please tell us asap if you're going to allow the custom ones...
Topic Starter
GladiOol
I've only got 1 map in at this point.
So I will make the ending date a month later. (End of November~)

Also, use custom hitsounds for now.
And if you have problems with Puush, you can always use other uploading sites such as mediafire.
0_o
Why not just make this official? peppy seems like he would be fine with it, and I guarantee there would be many more entries.
Dotsu

0_o wrote:

Why not just make this official? peppy seems like he would be fine with it, and I guarantee there would be many more entries.
I agree with that
Mashley
I'd consider entering if it was official
happy30
I already contacted peppy long ago about making this official.
When he got time he'll look further into this :)
DJPop
How long should the map be?
RandomJibberish
as long as you think sensible. Probably best to be rankable though
maay
I'm thinking about adding some BPMx2 sliders at certain parts of the hardest diff. But since SB isn't allowed, I can't add a warning for it, which would probably make those sliders unrankable.

Will you guys be taking off points from maps with BPMx2 sliders without warnings? I mean, they'd be combo-breaker for most people, and personally I get mad when I miss at x2 sliders with no warning...
RandomJibberish
2x sliders suck with warnings :V. IMO if it needs a warning it shouldn't be there: It should just feel right.

you can use 1.5x or 1.33x now which has the same effect but without combobreak shit kthx
maay
uhm, I dunno, didn't choose a fast slider velocity so you can barely see the difference on 1,33 or 1,5x. But I got a few friends to test the map and all of them missed just at the 1st x2 slider... and that's not good I guess.
0_o
Soo any updates on whether this'll be official or not?
DJPop

GladiOol wrote:

I've only got 1 map in at this point.
So I will make the ending date a month later. (End of November~)

Also, use custom hitsounds for now.
And if you have problems with Puush, you can always use other uploading sites such as mediafire.

Please update the first posted D: