forum

Mouse grip starts curving when I aim for too long

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
hStick225
Okay, does anyone know why this is happening? Whenever I start up my osu, and pick a beatmap that requires alot of aiming without breaks, my grip on the mouse starts to curve/go out of position. It is very hard to explain, and I don't know the specific name of what's happening, so I will give an example.

So I play on this map: s/133693

If I move my cursor in the middle of the screen during the beginning of the map, this is how my grip looks.

In the middle of the song, around 3-4 minutes without any breaks, if I move my cursor to the middle of the screen again, the grip on my mouse will look like this.

As you may see in the second picture, my mouse is about to hit the keyboard. Currently, the only way to fix this is during a breaktime, where I lift my mouse up back to the position it was in when I last started the map. A map without any breaks cancels and prohibits this method, and I am looking for another way to fix this problem. I cannot fix my grip in the middle of the play, otherwise that will 99% of the time make me miss a note.

Peripherals and Settings

-Logitech G100s
-1000 DPI
-Windows Sensitivity = 5/11
-Enhanced Pointer Precision = OFF

-In-Game sensitivity = 0.75
-Raw input = ON
-Mouse buttons OFF(irrelevant I bet)
-In-Game resolution 1600x900

I appreciate the help, and if there is anything that I seemed to have missed, please inform me.
B1rd
This is called mouse drift. There's nothing you can do to fix it, so just try and compensate.
Deva
Over time you will learn to adjust it while playing. Its nothing strange.
D e s
try adjust sensitivity not too high not too low

your current sensitivity probly low. try increase it a bit by decimal
Endaris
Move your tapping keys to the right and move your mouse away from your keyboard accordingly to keep your posture.
At the very least it will stop you from failing a jump due to your hand stopping when hitting your keyboard - it happened to me too.
Try to adjust your mouse position during spinners and slow/long sliders.
dung eater
you could clear some room for the mouse and your hand and have a more flexible play area (plant your wrist according to mouse drift, easier and less intrusive than lifting mouse)

you can keep doing that if you have a high sensitivity and a large area, you gotta lift mouse if you run to the corners
Ohrami
can anyone who actually understands this shit pls explain it? assuming you remove mouse acceleration this shouldn't happen yet it still seems to happen to people who have it turned off
B1rd
It's not acceleration, it's something to do with angles. Do some scrolling on a mouse users ask.fm if you want an explanation. http://ask.fm/AmaiHachimitsu
Ohrami
it's ok that explanation was sufficient
otoed1
I get the same thing, we all do, to an extent. learn to fix it during slower parts of a song. Personally, I can even fix it in the middle of some jumps. Just practice and get gud, It will take time to learn.
pandaBee

Ohrami wrote:

it's ok that explanation was sufficient
Wow, satanic post.
KanoSet
it happens like with everyone
just free more space for you mouse movements if you can and try to adjust it during spinners or sliders
nothing weird about it ^^
pandaBee
Holy shit OP, your hands are demonic. Someone pls post zennypics so I can wash this taste out of my mouth.
ZenithPhantasm
Its called mouse drift. Either learn how to compensate for it or get tablet.
dung eater
bigger mousepad helps a lot, also pandabee is just jealous of your hands
SPOILER
<censored>
i can end up in the corner of mousepad in a tv size (short map/short time) when i practice 200 dpi
Deva
Either your TV is really small or you mean 1:30?
dung eater

HK_ wrote:

Either your TV is really small or you mean 1:30?
actually the only tv i own is really small, probably 6'' from top to bottom corner or something or something
Ohrami

jaaakb wrote:

bigger mousepad helps a lot, also pandabee is just jealous of your hands
SPOILER

i can end up in the corner of mousepad in a tv size (short map/short time) when i practice 200 dpi
jesus fucking christ, have you ever heard of cleaning? i want to vomit after seeing that picture
LuihGi
He's also using a CRT monitor too :(