forum

[duplicate] Mode-specific offsets

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
DanSparce
I usually change my offsets whenever I change modes. I set 0 for my taiko, 10 for my osu!std, and, -20 for my mania so it really annoys me whenever I change modes and I have to change the offset. Idk if it is just me or so but I think it will be a great addition.
Bara-
Why do you even need to change offset per mode?
You're probably the only one who does that O.o
I have never heard of anything like this before

Also, very little people play multiple modes, so I don't think it'll be used much
Also, can't you press ++ or ---- when playing to change the offset (instead of going to offset wizard)?
Topic Starter
DanSparce

baraatje123 wrote:

Why do you even need to change offset per mode?
You're probably the only one who does that O.o
I have never heard of anything like this before

Also, very little people play multiple modes, so I don't think it'll be used much
Also, can't you press ++ or ---- when playing to change the offset (instead of going to offset wizard)?
idk because i find it uncomfortable using my mania offset for taiko or so but yeah, its just a suggestion
abraker

DanSparce wrote:

I usually change my offsets whenever I change modes.
There is no reason for you to change offset for each gamemode. The offset ONLY changes audio offset and NOT input offset. If one gamemode is causing an audio delay, that is probably a bug. Other than that, I can only imagine you are hitting the notes visually based on your skin and not even trying to listen for the note in that case.
Kibbleru
Thats a... Very weird habit thaat i think u should try to get out of..?
PieInOblivion
That is... Umm... Different. You're not new to any of the modes so I can only imagine that you're not trying to predict the notes like most new people do. I always believed that all the modes were the same in terms of default offset (Which is 0). So you having to adjust can only be something on your side.

Or our brains process each game mode differently, and difference means a timing difference, and your the only human capable of noticing these different human offsets and being annoyed by it... I'm a bit off topic now and that statement is a bit far fetched... So I'll stop here and restate my main point. No one I know does this so it must be something on your side, or,

abraker wrote:

skin
That's what I believe! I could be dead wrong.
Pawsu
to avoid this being linked from future requests and having more duplicates, use this: t/213443