forum

[duplicate] Increase of Distance Snap Limit to 5 in the Editor

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Bearizm
Have you ever wanted to map a song with low SV but many jumps? Well this feature would put an ease to that. Making geometrical patterns has always been difficult without DS and since low SV causes the DS to shorten in range (not value), it makes it difficult to create desired jumps!

I'd imagine that this woudln't take a lot of time to implement, but then again, I've never touched any matters related to coding so.. But anyways, this feature would immensely help mappers to map songs that supports this kind of play style such as trap, EDMs, or just to assist a variety of other mapping styles out there. C: I can't think of any reason why this shouldn't be implemented since it has no downside to it. Mapping standards/quality that comes out in the Qualified section shouldn't drop either with the existence of this feature.

Maybe place the max value in the options main menu so mappers that don't want this feature wouldn't have to find that 2.0 DS in the middle of the DS meter.
Rilene
This would be nice, I always want to map slow SV + jumps but can't since x2 DS limits that. :<
And having this would be useful for having a consistent with jumps.
Bara-
Yes
Whenever I wanr even jumps of 2.8 for example. I do it manually
Topic Starter
Bearizm
Doing it manually can be a pain to do though.
Bara-
Yeah, especially at lower SV where 1 grid difference can mean 0.1 distance difference
Oinari-sama
Ask in t/151689
Topic Starter
Bearizm
that's a really old thread though, but ok..