forum

Add special code for order Objects/img in design [Resolved]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Astom
Well this is for me the biggest problem in design, when u are making a SB sometimes (well not sometimes all the time) objects or imgs lost they order for explame:

img1
img2
img3
img4

For a reason that I don't know they lost they order and a possible new order can be

img4
img2
img3
img1

And if the img are overlaping it's a problem because u need open .osb and order them again.
So I suggest a special code or something like that to save the order of the objects/img and don't lost it.
K2J
You should probably put this in the Help & Support forum, as it's not normal behavior. I've encountered this a few times, myself, but I've never been able to reproduce it (it may have to do with using shorthand notation). If you still have the .osb file, please upload it as an attachment to a post.
Kitsunemimi
I think I understand what he's trying to say. For example, if you have several images appearing on the same layer at the same time, osu! will under some circumstance reorder all sb elements according to time. Therefore, if you have something in the foreground that's supposed to appear above another thing on the foreground, they might get rearranged, and that will cause one thing to overlap the other improperly. It is possible to put which one you want into the background, however in many cases, you already have something else (more suitably) in the background.

So perhaps the solution to this problem is to either preserve object layering when they occur on the same millisecond (my current workaround is to move whatever appears on top 1ms later in the .osb), or implement an entire object layering system. I think the first suggestion should work just fine.
K2J
I did not know that was the case. I will keep it in mind in the future when reducing my .osb files.
Xgor
Encountered this way to much in this map
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/16568
Don't know what causes it (Although it tend to happen when I test the map in the editor)
happy30
Topic Starter
Astom

happy30 wrote:

http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=26058 ?
yea it's the same happy, but I request for a special code or a special file to fix it because is a easy way of fix it and I'm bored of wait for a fix.
peppy
Just don't undo/fix it right before submitting.
K2J
Can I be certain the unpacking of the .osz doesn't perform the same error that saving it does? I thought it called the same process when unpacking as it does saving (e.g., removing all non-default comments and whitespace). Otherwise, I'll happily manually save on the BSS screen.
peppy
Hmm, so this also happens during saving? If so, can you provide specific instructions on how to replicate and I'll fix it asap.
NoHitter
It happens for me by just clicking any element on the storyboard then it messes up afterwards.
K2J
Unfortunately, it seems to be an intermittent problem, but I encountered it as recently as a few days ago, so if I find any evidence I'll let you know.

Edit: Or NoHItter can do so instead.
Topic Starter
Astom

NoHItter wrote:

It happens for me by just clicking any element on the storyboard then it messes up afterwards.
Same here, sometimes only click a object in SB make a mess, click ctr + Z make a mess and maybe other things too. All of us know how "avoid" this sometimes, but we can't avoid it all the time. Obviously the number of people who knows about it is low because most of mappers don't make SB works.
And if u for some reason click ctr + z, watch and say "oh my SB gets bug again, I'm not going to save" and innocently close the song and reopen it again u get a good surprise because although u didn't save .osb yes so u SB continues bug
Maybe another solution is add a feature for add more layers and can order them how you like, that can be very helpfull.
Kitsunemimi

Astom wrote:

"oh my SB gets bug again, I'm not going to save" and innocently close the song and reopen it again u get a good surprise because although u didn't save .osb yes so u SB continues bug
...Another bug...

And I hate that one too.
peppy
I'm still waiting for a case from you guys where I can reproduce this 100%.
Zekira
@peppy: I won't guarantee assurance as this is just from the edge of my memory.

Say you want a white flash to happen and fade out before an object appears on the screen, making it appear as if the object is 'fading in' from a flashing effect. Let us assume you want both of these elements on Foreground so that you won't mess up the clarity of the Background elements.

So you'll put both the object and the white BG on the same start time to be more precise.

Naturally to do this you would implement the object first before the white BG. But if you do it the other way around and put the white BG first before putting the object, the object is given priority over the white BG.

Let's say you accidentally put the white BG first instead of the object. So both are now there, but you see that the object is now appearing on top of the fading out white BG.

To (temporarily) fix this, one would open the .osb/.osu...

and then move the line/s of the object on top of the line/s of the white BG. Save it.

Exit the editor, F5 stuff just to be sure, and go back to the map. The object should now be under the white BG.

Now do anything to any element.

Then press Ctrl-Z.

...something like this. I need to clarify it again but I can't do it now since I can't open osu! here...

EDIT: Maybe also try something like:

1.) Have two elements. Let's call them A and B for this time.
2.) Assume that you want B to be below A for this.
3.) Put timeline of A as something like 500 to 1000.
4.) Put timeline of B as 750 to 1000. Note that the order these elements were put in the editor will cause B to be on top of A instead.
5.) Edit the .osu/.osb and put the line(s) for B above the lines of A. Save.
6.) Go to song select and press F5 just in case.
7.) Go back to SB Editor and do anything to any element (for Ctrl-Z to be usable).
8.) Press Ctrl-Z
Zekira
Argh

I'd just like to notify that this happened to me on my most recent (non-submitted SB) again, and this time I actually took track of what I did to make it happen,
but when I tried to do it again after fixing it, it's suddenly not re-arranging itself, and thus I could not replicate it from within that SB anymore...
It seems to happen at such random times (mostly the first time when the SB is up), but at a rate so frequent that almost everyone's experiencing it @_@
Topic Starter
Astom
I'm going to upload a example for this, it's no so hard of reproduce.

----EDIT----
Ok here a good example.

(1)First if u haven't it, donwload this song.
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/67841
(2)Go to edit mode, Insane diff.
(3)Watch the SB.
(4)Now click this slider (00:00:248 (1)) and move it to 00:00:376, like this:
(5)Click ctr + z.
(6)Watch again the SB.

If you still don't belive in this, I can show you another songs where this happen.

----EDIT2----
I made the example in 6 steps Zekira =)
Zekira
I know it's not that hard because I keep getting it...

...what's annoying me is that it's not 100% reproducable (from what i've been trying ._.)

EDIT: Stop ninja'ing me Astom lol
K2J

Astom wrote:

(5)Click ctr + z.
This is a different problem that has already been reported.
Topic Starter
Astom

K2J wrote:

Astom wrote:

(5)Click ctr + z.
This is a different problem that has already been reported.

peppy wrote:

I'm still waiting for a case from you guys where I can reproduce this 100%.
peppy ask for a example.
Zekira
Bump
Zekira
[peppy] Fix undo/redo causing very strange storyboard reordering issues.
Does this fix address this issue?
peppy
Yes. Also this isn't a feature request.