forum

Streaming advice?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
- e - v - b-
i have been stuck at bursting 200 and barely able to long stream 170 for a couple months now, are there any techniques people can tell me about?
DeletedUser_3905941
i've heard playing more helps
Deva
Play slower streams. Seriously play slower streams. Dont forget to get all 300 on them.
I can burst 270bpm and it means absolutely nothing to me, to you or to anyone. Focus on actual streaming.
Barusamikosu
If you're only planning to play DT for the rest of your life then whatever.

If you want to keep getting nomod scores, then start playing more 150-180bpm streams. Yes, you will suck. Push through it.

RedPanda wrote:

i've heard playing more helps
pandaBee
Play more low bpm strims.
ithgyu

HK_ wrote:

Play slower streams. Seriously play slower streams. Dont forget to get all 300 on them.
I can burst 270bpm and it means absolutely nothing to me, to you or to anyone. Focus on actual streaming.
please dont listen to this guy, if you need to stream faster, youre not gonna get faster by playing slower stuff. Practice streams that are ~5-10bpm higher than the max speed you can go, and play a lot of them, just playing a few stream maps a day wont help. If your bursting 200 and cant long stream 170, then its likely that you need to practice 180, then move onto 190 once you sorta get the hang of it, then 200 and so on. If you can get all 300s on the streams, unless your going for stamina on really long streams and your playing until youre no longer getting 300s, then the stream isnt gonna help you.
KatamaNoBaka
Does your cursor follow streamline properly?

If it does means its your tapping/clicking problem.

At the ranked beatmap sections just click recommended difficulty and try a variety of maps.

Look at your progress after two months, you should have improved already.
-Atri-
Screw streams

That's why i never improve
Mahogany

KuranteMelodii wrote:

Screw streams

That's why i never improve
:/

You could probably get another 1k pp without learning to stream xd
chainpullz
Don't try to power through streams. As soon as you start thinking about "powering through" your natural instinct will be to tense up which is the exact opposite of what you want to do. To really stream fast you need to float your key right at the actuation point.

The more you relax the less likely you are to blow on past the point and bottom out and you will have less momentum working against you to reset the key. This is one of the reasons some of the fastest streamers prefer cherry blacks as the little bit of extra actuation force both helps you stay in control as well as aids in resetting the key.

Players who are able to burst extremely high bpm streams do so by finding the actuation point (this takes practice to develop muscle memory) and twitching their fingers so the keys rapidly alternate between the actuation point and just above it.

Also, aim is extremely important when it comes to streaming. The lack of full combos on maps like freedom dive has little to do with the speed of the map and more to do with the level of consistency you have in your aim. There are actually quite a number of players who are capable of deathstreaming 220bpm but few who can remain consistent enough with their aim while doing so to make a full combo realistic.
SpringVine
X and Y
Barusamikosu

HeiwajimaS wrote:

X and Y
What does your keyboard look like? Streaming with index and pinky fingers sounds tough.
repr1se
Basically what everyone above said. Don't forget to keep track of your speed. I always go too fast if I lose focus. Turning up your hitsounds can be a help.
SpringVine

Barusamikosu wrote:

HeiwajimaS wrote:

X and Y
What does your keyboard look like? Streaming with index and pinky fingers sounds tough.
that was sarcasm lol
Explosive Fart
Idk why but one day I decided to play the big black with no fail 20 times
That day my streaming ability was much better then usual but it was completely by gone the next week :(
Deva

thebeastbloc wrote:

Idk why but one day I decided to play the big black with no fail 20 times
That day my streaming ability was much better then usual but it was completely by gone the next week :(
You just warmed up properly. Try doing that more often just without big blek.
I Give Up
If you want to get good at 200bpm stream then play more 200bpm stream. If you want to get good at 170bpm stream then play more 170bpm stream.