Total Posts
Topic Starter
Miterosan
Problem Details:

Minus score on score ranking 0.0 [web]

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

sorry if that is allready reported :D
Trosk-
Uhh, I didn't see this before. I don't believe that this is already reported. Really weird.

The Negative S SS and A thing is a known bug tho.
abraker
Profile page as well. But why do I have this feeling that it has been reported before?

Trosk-

abraker wrote:

Profile page as well. But why do I have this feeling that it has been reported before?

Because it was, at least the "-1 SS" thing. t/342124
abraker

Trosk- wrote:

Because it was, at least the "-1 SS" thing. t/342124
"Resolved" :/

I don't remember seeing that thread 8 days ago, so I guess it was resolved pretty quickly. I do remember I similar case several months ago, though.
VeilStar
The negative number of A/S/SS ranks should be fixed now. If you can still find instances of this on people's profile's then please link them.

@ Miterosan - Where are you seeing this negative score thing? Is it still an issue? If so, link the page please.
Topic Starter
Miterosan

VeilStar wrote:

The negative number of A/S/SS ranks should be fixed now. If you can still find instances of this on people's profile's then please link them.

@ Miterosan - Where are you seeing this negative score thing? Is it still an issue? If so, link the page please.
Here https://osu.ppy.sh/p/playerranking/?m=0&s=3&o=0&r=&q=&f=
VeilStar
Oh, it was just sorted from lowest to highest on the Score Rankings. Well I'm dumb.

Thanks. Confirming this. (I also changed the word "Minus" to "Negative" in the subject.)
Arnold0
By looking the first two negative ranked score profiles I think this is because of unqualified maps. Both two had plays in at least two difficulty of a map that got unqualified and had very few other plays. I guess it decreases score from every difficulty when the map is unqualified, but ranked score only increases by the score from the best play of the map, and not from the score of every difficulty, so it decreases wrong. Maybe I'm saying very wrong things but At least it seams related to unqualified maps.
Trosk-

Arnold0 wrote:

By looking the first two negative ranked score profiles I think this is because of unqualified maps. Both two had plays in at least two difficulty of a map that got unqualified and had very few other plays. I guess it decreases score from every difficulty when the map is unqualified, but ranked score only increases by the score from the best play of the map, and not from the score of every difficulty, so it decreases wrong. Maybe I'm saying very wrong things but At least it seams related to unqualified maps.
Well.. Counting that only the best score of a mapset is added to the "Ranked Score" number, I don't think this is really the cause of this "bug/issue". And the score that will be substracted from the Ranked Score number is the same as the score that was added from that map..

So, I don't think this is the actual cause.
blahpy

Trosk- wrote:

Well.. Counting that only the best score of a mapset is added to the "Ranked Score" number, I don't think this is really the cause of this "bug/issue".
I was fairly sure that this is actually incorrect, so I decided to do a quick check myself. I played this map: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/242938&m=0 on [alacat's Easy] and then [Normal], and this was the change in scores:

8218792429 +358343
8219800744 +1008315

Those are the exact scores I got for playing each difficulty, so I definitely got ranked score for both difficulties in the same mapset.

I'm not sure if this will help to resolve the issue though. I would assume that the "only one score per mapset" behaviour was removed when score ranking became no longer the main chart. The tooltip for Ranked Score on profile pages should probably be changed.
GHMZ Danny
[quote="VeilStar"]The negative number of A/S/SS ranks should be fixed now. If you can still find instances of this on people's profile's then please link them.

This problem is happening to me. t/417656
PakaChan
you can get multiple SS from the same map (same difficulty) by using different mod combinations (and get rid of S/A ranks at the same time)
i tested this on a map i already had an SS (not sure how this affects it)
1. get an S rank with a mod combination ( NFEZ or sth)
2. beat the S rank score with a different combination SS, this will give you +1 SS, -1 S (after a small delay)
3. repeat for any other mod combination for more SS, less S

if you get an A instead of an S it will probably give you -1 A instead
Kao
This have been noted before already though, I don't know if we need a new thread because it's a different problem (another cause) entirely
blahpy

Kao wrote:

This have been noted before already though, I don't know if we need a new thread because it's a different problem (another cause) entirely
Well I made a new thread a week or two ago and it got closed immediately for being a "duplicate" despite being completely different so...
paper2222
3 years and still not fixed LUL
Death
Why are you bumping this thread for absolutely no reason? As far as I know the negative SS, S, and A count is fixed on the new website, not sure about score. And if it isn't you can report it here if it somehow ruins your ability to play the game (it doesn't).
Finana Ryugu
nope. negative scores still show up on the new website.
https://old.ppy.sh/p/playerranking/?m=0&s=3&o=0&r=&q=&f=
^ this is the old website, but when you switch to new, it'll still show the negative scores.

the S,SS, and A count isn't fixed either
https://osu.ppy.sh/users/3759860
Death

Death wrote:

And if it isn't you can report it here if it somehow ruins your ability to play the game (it doesn't).

Please stop bumping this thread.