forum

Toshiyuki O'mori - Justice

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Faust
I've had to redownload this a couple of times just because the SB didn't run well, Astom you shouldn't just round off the timings. It really fucks with the SB, seriously. :(
adfsff
Astom

Faust wrote:

I've had to redownload this a couple of times just because the SB didn't run well, Astom you shouldn't just round off the timings. It really fucks with the SB, seriously. :(
Download: Toshiyuki O'mori - Justice (Faust).osb
Andrea
[Overall]

The files "BG06S.jpg, BG07S.jpg, BG07S.jpg, BG08S-B.png, black.png and white.png" are way too big to get used on storyboarding. Reduce all of them at least at a size of 800x600 and do a full submission.

[Difficulties]

[Natural]

00:49:518 (1) - Remove new combo.

[Divine]

01:04:201 (7) - New combo.
01:04:306 (1) - Remove new combo.
01:10:644 (3,4,5) - Wrong spacing.
01:23:320 (1) - Remove new combo.
01:23:954 (4) - New combo.
01:41:067 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - This stream return is really hard to see. Change it to another type of pattern.
01:50:046 (9) - New combo.
01:50:151 (1) - Remove new combo.
02:02:194 (1) - Remove the finish or add it on the other difficulties as well.
Andrea
[Divine]

01:10:856 (5) - This slider end is still placed wrong. Use 1/4 beatsnap divisor for replace it correctly.

EDIT: Bubbled~
jericho2442
srry but this bubble will have to be popped

Sb element MUST have a MAX size of 800x600, these are still at 1024x768 (redownloaded 2 times to make sure) i have looked at the images and there is no valid reason why this should be this way

if its getting it to look identical what your problem is i can fix up the SB code for you, ive resized everything ect ect myself and still there is no reason for the size of the images

proof that lowering the res does not affect these images much

one is 1024x768 one is 800x600

[Natural]
your breaks are not consistent, you have a break at 01:18:673 what is 3 secs long, yet you have empty space what is just over 3 secs long at 00:50:785 - with no break, please add a break here

(suggestion) 01:43:180 (4) - newcombo here so that you follow the (1,2,3,1,2,3) pattern you have been doing

[Harmonic]
01:01:137 (9,1) - you are breaking you own pattern, remove the combo off (1) and put it onto (9)
01:37:687 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - should this not have the same spacing as 01:35:996 (1,2,3,4,5,6) ? look at the position of (1,3) in both the combos and you will kno what im talking about

01:44:447 (4) - your breaking your pattern again, newcombo
01:46:137 (7) - again ^

[Swift]
fine

[Divine]
01:32:194 - this break is only half a sec, i really dont think its needed
01:55:433 (1,2,) - this dont play good at all, i advise to make the (1) slider repeat once more thus removing to (2) and making this play muuuuuch better

im sorry but i dont think this is ready for rank yet :/
Topic Starter
Faust
I like how Editor fucks everytihng up every time I make changes to the SB. Doesn't recognize this, doesn't recognize that. Doesn't show this and doesn't show that, fucking hell. For the love of God, give me a motherfucking break.

SB will stay. Final.
jericho2442
well i still dont agree over the SB, but since you have permission i cant say anything over it xD

anyway tiiiiny bit more irc modding and now im happy with these maps, so have my star ;)
Andrea
Alright.

Bubble Repair~
blissfulyoshi
The song audio file should also be of reasonable quality. Try and source mp3 files yourself - ripping them from a streaming video site often results in low quality audio with high file sizes. The bitrate of a beatmap's audio file should be no lower than 128kbps and no higher than 256kbps. If you are having trouble acquiring an appropriate audio file, contact one of the more audio-savvy BAT - they will be more than happy to find one for you.
Sadly, Faust, you will have to have this bubble popped too because the 320 kbps bit rate mp3 you used for this map is not rankable under the new ranking standards.

If you want to re-encode the mp3 yourself, here is a nice guide to help you.
Otherwise, you can post on this thread to ask for help.
Topic Starter
Faust
No. This is 6 MB. Don't see a real need to re-encode it.

peppy wrote:

READ THIS: All guidelines are exactly that: GUIDELINES. They are NOT rules and may be broken in special cases.
Save me the trouble, please. It's not exactly shitloadhuge filesize. It doesn't even make much sense to re-encode this. Plus, 2 minute map with SB. I think it's fair enough.
The_Priest_In_Yellow

blissfulyoshi wrote:

I am a giant whore with a fancy jack-shit title.

Guidelines[...] should be no lower than 128kbps and no higher than 256kbps.
I can smell blood.

Starred~

Same deal, better mp3 http://up.ppy.sh/files/justice.mp3
Topic Starter
Faust
Here is your 256. *shrug*
Agnes
[General]
Offset: 496

Feed me. 8D
Derekku
*hopes that Agnes still had the old mp3 when she did the offset check*

Offset: 550

I'm more concerned with the storyboard though. For one thing, SB images should never be larger than 800x600 (although 640x480 is preferred). You're using full-size backgrounds and scaling them even larger. Untitled.png is fine, but BG06S, BG07S, BG08S, black, and white all need to be reduced in size. Also, BG08S-B should NOT be a full-size image no matter what. Crop out all the unnecessary transparency in the image, give it the correct x,y coordinates, and move it correctly. gleam1 could be cut down a great deal as well.

Actually, besides resizing images, you should crop them. Instead of scaling an image to a huge size to only show part of it (like you do with BG06S/BG07S), just crop out the part that you would like to show. That way, the SB wouldn't be hitting overdraw levels of near-8x.

VII.png scaling to a huge size hits near-11X, so please have it fade out faster and not get so large.

Not sure what to tell you to do with BG08S (it scales too large as well).

PS: I suggest using silent section-pass/fail .wav files. The default ones sound weird without images to accompany them.

EDIT: How was this bubbled with such unrankable storyboarding? Yes, I realize the SB overdraw counter was just added, but the fact that the SB images alone are waaaaaay too large shouldn't be missed.
The_Priest_In_Yellow
Suck a cock.

Download: lol nine minutes suck a cock.rar
Andrea
This is the 3rd and latest time I can give you a bubble, so be careful.

Bubble Repair #2~
Derekku
Faust, you didn't fix the snapping.

Didn't you even take a look at the map before rebubbling, Andrea? x______x

PS: I'm still not happy with the storyboard reaching high overdraw levels. I'll take a look at it myself (like I promised I would) in a few hours.
Agnes

Derekku wrote:

PS: I'm still not happy with the storyboard reaching high overdraw levels. I'll take a look at it myself (like I promised I would) in a few hours.
This. 7.00x+ on the SB Load... @_@ Also, uh, I probably DID have the old mp3. =x;
Also, Derekku for BAT 2010/2011
Andrea

Derekku wrote:

Faust, you didn't fix the snapping.

Didn't you even take a look at the map before rebubbling, Andrea? x______x

I've looked at this like 3 times, I did just a quick re-check now ._.

Popped anyway, then.
Derekku
Sorry for the storyboard confusion (although I'm happier with the 640x480 images now).

[General]
*Preview point sounds like a weird place to be... How about something like 54423?
*No silent pass/fail sounds? (Sounds awkward having the sounds)
*How about completely silencing the spinner on the end of each diff (since it ends on the blue tick)?
*Please list how Priest and Real1 contributed in the first post description instead of just having them in the tags. There's no clarification on which diff they made, or that Priest originally had the map or made the SB. Write a couple of sentences in the descriptionnnnn.
*It's no problem that your inherited sections are now early from the offset change, but at least snap kiai to the white tick on each difficulty.

[Natural]
*Raise drain a tick or two.
01:10:479 (2,3) - Perhaps make this a slider (so that 2 isn't as unpredictable being on the red tick)?

[Harmonic]
02:00:549 (1,2,3,4) - A bit confusing to read due to the low OD/AR. Can you raise each of those a tick or two (and raise drain a few ticks since it's way too low for a Normal diff).
02:02:345 (1) - How about starting this on the red tick and shortening (like you did in other spots in this diff)?

[Swift]
Fun!

[Divine]
01:49:986 (8,1) - wtf spacing
01:52:310 (3,4) - spacing??
01:57:803 (7,1) - too close to each other
02:01:289 (8,1) - spacing?
*There needs to be OBVIOUS gaps between all of the continuous streams in this diff. Otherwise, it's very ambiguous and will only cause broken combos and raging players. Right now, the spacing is inconsistent and I could hardly tell where the 1/4 gaps were while watching in editor (let alone playing).

One last thing. I dunno what I was thinking when I gave you the offset of 550. It's still a bit early (noticeable while listening and playing). 565 feels more comfortable while playing and sounds much better in the editor. Here's what I got after testing multiple times with 565. (Ignore the "5 ms late"; that's just because I was a tiny bit late on that last stream; I averaged around 0ms throughout)

This time, adjust the offset using this picture as a guide. Make sure that the checkbox is selected, and use the arrow to increase the offset to 565 or 566 on every difficulty. This should ensure that the beats will automatically snap themselves to the new offset without you needing to hit "resnap all notes".
The_Priest_In_Yellow

Derekku wrote:

*Please list how Priest and Real1 contributed in the first post description instead of just having them in the tags. There's no clarification on which diff they made, or that Priest originally had the map or made the SB. Write a couple of sentences in the descriptionnnnn.
I don't know about Real1 but here's my case.

No.

Fuck off.

If listing what someone did feels important to you, Faust. Then remove my nick from the mapset all-together.
Nicks are irrelevant to everyone, unless you have an agenda. We will not have colors paint the slab of stone.

This is our consensus.

Defy it and suffer counteraction.
Topic Starter
Faust
(#`皿´)........(╬ ಠ益ಠ)
Soaprman
Good maps here. As tempting as the 2 kudosu reward looks, I didn't find any mistakes while playing any of the difficulties. All I noticed is that the storyboard load is a bit high but that's already been addressed? Oh well~
Topic Starter
Faust
o/
Nadina120
I have played this map a lot because I enjoy playing it.That is the idea of a map to me.well done.
Garven
Sorry I took so long. -_-

As per your request:

[General]
The offset feels slightly off, but I'm ass at timing, so I dunno.

[Natural]
Plays much better now. <3
Maybe silence the end part of the final spinner? Considering it's the strings just stopping, having a small hit sound feels kinda weird to me. If you do it, apply to other difficulties with similar ending spinners.

[Harmonic]
01:14:493 (1) - This combo is fairly lengthy. Consider splitting it up.

[Swift]
~

[Divine]
Oh, you did silence the end of this spinner, heh. Do it on Harmonic and natural.

This set is much, much nicer than the last time I looked at it. Great job!
Don't kds if you use anything, please.
Lilac
[General]
JUSTICE!!!!

[Harmonic]
The section-pass sound still plays, you might want to get rid of that.

01:51:888 (2,3) - That seems icky.

I got nothing. I'm sorry.
Kurai
[General]
Cut the firsts 40 second of the mp3 with a fade-in would be better

[Natural]
00:59:282 (3) - Sounds weird, move 1/2 earlier ?
02:00:549 (1,2) - Add claps
02:01:395 (3) - Remove claps
01:09:000 till 01:35:197 - Add more HS :/

[Harmonic]
01:05:831 (6) - Remove finish
01:42:169 (4) - Add finish
01:46:183 (1) - Too close to the previous note

[Swift]
Add kiai time ?

ok star
Topic Starter
Faust

KuraiPettan wrote:

[General]
Cut the firsts 40 second of the mp3 with a fade-in would be better

[Natural]
00:59:282 (3) - Sounds weird, move 1/2 earlier ?
02:00:549 (1,2) - Add claps
02:01:395 (3) - Remove claps
01:09:000 till 01:35:197 - Add more HS :/

[Harmonic]
01:05:831 (6) - Remove finish
01:42:169 (4) - Add finish
01:46:183 (1) - Too close to the previous note

[Swift]
Add kiai time ?

ok star
Nah, keeping the intro.

Thanks for the mod :)
Larto
Divine:
01:49:986 (8,1) - Is that jump absolutely needed? I thought I had to press (1) 1/4 later when I played.

Kinda weird how Divine and Swift have more breaks than the easier difficulties. I'm not explicitly asking you to change it, but it's pretty weird in my opinion.

EDIT: Fair enough
Shinxyn
I don't get the hitsounds pattern... its just jumps from a certain pattern to normal/soft mixes in another pattern?
Also, I really don't think the hitsound volume increasing effect works well on this song... or if you're ganna keep it, I recommend you start at a higher volume...

And its already been mentioned a couple of times, but the section pass/fail sound with the blank section pass/fail sounds really awkward.... why don't you add a blank sectionpass.wav and sectionfail.wav

And please lower the circle size for Swift...

I won't pop, but I really won't rank this in this condition (.... ;w; sorry, but mainly cuz the hitsounds don't sound appealing to me at all)
Muya
oh, very cool story board.
also mapset.
star :)
Lilac
Great remap but...

[Divine]
The idea of having like... very little hitsounds and only having the default hitsounds for the majority is...very unappealing.

00:37:416 (6) - lolwut?
00:39:845 - No need for a break there. :P
00:56:958 (4-13) - I'm not sure, but I think streams are really hard to play without hitsound volume... Though, I'm not a stream player so...
01:51:888 (7,1 & 3,1) - lolspacing.

Not worth 2 kudosu. You also gave me 2 before.
Glass
[Natural]
Seems fine to me.

[Harmonic]
The Kiai section should start on 01:48:719 since it's the beginning of the measure.
01:41:535 (2) - I personally think the finish would sound better on the previous slider's end instead of this note.
01:59:493 (4,1,2,3,4) - This pattern is a bit confusing, maybe arrange it in a way so the 1 wouldn't be stacked on 4's end?

[Swift]
Pretty flawless imo.

[Divine]
01:19:352 (T) - This part feels slightly empty, it could make use of a spinner, add one and make it go from 01:19:352 to 01:21:254? Or just map this part.
This difficulty kinda lacks hitsounds, I haven't heared anything prior to the first bookmark :/ It could be good if you added some whistles here and there.
Solid map nonetheless.

That's all, would love to see this ranked soon~
Shiro
General
The storyboard goes three times over 5x storyboard load.
Make the kiai section snap on the ticks.

Natural
01:06:676 (1) - I'm not sure a spinner so soon after a note is a good idea for an Easy diff.
I don't like the use of claps in the diff, they sound too harsh imo; replace them with whistles ?

Harmonic
This diff has pretty long comboes, is there a way to shorten them ?
I find this a bit too hard for a Normal, mainly because of the long streams.
01:57:380 (5,1) - This stack confused me for some reason. Mind unstacking ?

Swift
The high spacing made this map actually confusing to me.

Divine
I suggest OD-1, the streams are already hard enough. Also, sharp angled streams play rather bad, try to smooth out some of them ?
00:13:014 (1) - Bit too far from (2). It's nazi, but it looks bad.
00:55:057 (2,3) - This double is very confusing imo
01:03:190 - Add a note ? Separating the stream like that is a bit confusing and really hard to play
01:49:986 (7,1) - This jump is a bit confusing too, but it helps understand there's a 1/2 gap between the streams (same for the next like this one)
Larto
woo.
Card N'FoRcE
Ding!

Tsukihime <3
Topic Starter
Faust
WWWWWWWWWWWW
Garven
~
Colin Hou
such a marathon