forum

[invalid] Next circle highlighted in Flashlight mod

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Niroe
Hello,

First, i made some search but found nothing posted recently ( if it was already proposed, i m sorry )

Second, my english is not that good, so i m sorry for future mistake

Recently i was thinking about FL, and i tried to do some map with, and it seemed just unplayable, i saw some post from flashlight players and i understand something, u cant be good at flashlight, its more like a rubik's cube where u need to memorize paterns and algorithm, and applies them in the good moment ( not exactly that, but its more like that than nomode or other mods... )

So i think highlight the next item outside of the visible area, exept the sliders where u cant see the entire sliders but just the begining and the end of the sliders, i think it will balance the mods, and it will be more reflex and reading based than the old FL, and it will be playable

I give an exemple :

The map begin with a jump of 3 circle and 1 sliders, we will name it C1 C2 C3 and S1

First u will aim C1, who isnt highlighted ( or yes, as u thinking what is the more logic and balance ), after C1 is clicked, C2 will become highlighted ( so u can see it despite of the FL mod ) after clicked C2, C3 will NOT become highlighted because its in the visible area, after C3 is clicked, the hitcircle of S1 will become highlighted but not the entire slider ( the end of the sliders is highlighted tho )

I hope u take some time to tell my what u thinking about this idea, and perhaps implement it for the sake of FL :)

Thanks for reading !
GhostFrog
FCing something with FL is supposed to be mostly about memorization. Plenty of people can do that and people are good at flashlight can do it much more quickly. If you personally don't like it/think it's too difficult, you don't have to play it.
Topic Starter
Niroe

GhostFrog wrote:

FCing something with FL is supposed to be mostly about memorization. Plenty of people can do that and people are good at flashlight can do it much more quickly. If you personally don't like it/think it's too difficult, you don't have to play it.

The problem is : Flashlight CANT be played by anyone, memory CAN be something inate, if u have a good memory, u will be good at flashlight, so, anyone who have a good memory can play FL on map of their level, it will ask a time of adaptation, but if u have a good memory, this time will be definitly short

More than that, where u need to retry hundred and thousands time for ONE FC, who will give u less pp that DT ( More easy to FC in addition ), so its isnt really worth in time of PP/Retry/Time, u will say something like WHO CARE ABOUT PP WHEN U CAN H4VE FUN, but wait, really, is it fun to retry the same map whitout listen to the music enterly cause u need to memorise part per part ?

And, a lot of player focus PP, so this mods will be unused for PP and then, be a dead-like mods, where only few player used it
Bauxe
This is quite possibly the worst suggestion I have seen for the FL mod. It takes out almost all of the difficulty of it.
Topic Starter
Niroe

Bauxe wrote:

This is quite possibly the worst suggestion I have seen for the FL mod. It takes out almost all of the difficulty of it.
I dont think it will supress all the dificulty, no, in fact it will put the right dificulty

Look, u will have to memorise some moment ( not all/near to all of the map, but hard jump or stream will need to be memorised )
I m sure if someone take a map and play it with the FL i describe, it will be not hard as now ( cause now a ''good FL player'' CANT FC in one try a map with FL, where all other mod, a good player can FC a map at first try ) but it will be hard enough, look, try to imagine the circle after the one u need to hit appearing only after u hit the first circle, a hard jump with a medium-high BPM will be for sure a miss if ur not used to the mods.
GhostFrog
The problem you're describing just doesn't exist. People can and do flashlight maps. Yes, it takes a bunch of tries. Yes, it's usually not worth much pp. Yes, the people who play flashlight and don't get much pp for it enjoy it anyway (otherwise why would they even be playing it?).

Flashlight is fine the way it is. I don't think this suggestion would make it a better mod and, even if it did, it wouldn't be worth changing when people can play the current more difficult version and there are several years worth of scores using it.

And what would this even do when playing with HD+FL?
Topic Starter
Niroe

GhostFrog wrote:

The problem you're describing just doesn't exist. People can and do flashlight maps. Yes, it takes a bunch of tries. Yes, it's usually not worth much pp. Yes, the people who play flashlight and don't get much pp for it enjoy it anyway (otherwise why would they even be playing it?).

Flashlight is fine the way it is. I don't think this suggestion would make it a better mod and, even if it did, it wouldn't be worth changing when people can play the current more difficult version and there are several years worth of scores using it.

And what would this even do when playing with HD+FL?

So if its fine the way it is, please, respond to few question ( honetly ;) )

1. Is a map above 3.75 star can be FC with FL ? ( generally speaking, there always few map possible to do it, but honestly, need to be goddamn good )
2. Is the score multiplier is high enough for the difficulty ?
3. Is the pp rewarded for the time passed on the is high enough ?
4. Is changing the mods to what i said will be not enough difficulty, right difficulty or too high difficulty ?
5. If the mods is changing like that, will u play it or not ?

And, if HD+FL, the circle will be highlighted after u click a beat, and will be hidden few ms after the highlight, or perhaps a lot of ms, or not even be highlighted, in fact, its like there is Hidden first, and after the effect of the highlight and FL is added
GhostFrog

Niroe wrote:

1. Is a map above 3.75 star can be FC with FL ? ( generally speaking, there always few map possible to do it, but honestly, need to be goddamn good )
4. Is changing the mods to what i said will be not enough difficulty, right difficulty or too high difficulty ?
1. yes. that's not even uncommon
2. No mod multiplier is high enough and that's a good thing for competitiveness.
3. pp isn't rewarded for time spent on an individual map
4. i don't care? changing the mod would be stupid
5. most of my FL plays are EZFL sightreads for funsies (passes, not FCs, obviously). On rare occasions I grind 4mod easy maps also for funsies. Neither of those things would change if FL was changed.

As I said in my previous post:

GhostFrog wrote:

Topic Starter
Niroe

GhostFrog wrote:

Niroe wrote:

1. yes. that's not even uncommon
2. No mod multiplier is high enough and that's a good thing for competitiveness.
3. pp isn't rewarded for time spent on an individual map
4. i don't care? changing the mod would be stupid
5. most of my FL plays are EZFL sightreads for funsies (passes, not FCs, obviously). On rare occasions I grind 4mod easy maps also for funsies. Neither of those things would change if FL was changed.

As I said in my previous post:

GhostFrog wrote:

As ur say, u play for the fun, and i think its the case of a lot of FL people, me, like more people than u think, love taking rank in this game, its a drug like, and its really pleasant and i m really proud of me when i can see what i have done since these 5 last month, and sometime i like changing way to play, but always up in rank, but with FL, i m sure during the time u spend for FCing a map, u lose more rank than u will win with map, so its really impossible to rank up with it, and i really think there is a lot of players who liked to rank up with Fl :D
Bara-
No
Don't make hard mods easier
Huge vote down, this may never happen, as FL will be nerfed to easy this way
Topic Starter
Niroe

baraatje123 wrote:

No
Don't make hard mods easier
Huge vote down, this may never happen, as FL will be nerfed to easy this way
Lets do some math, take a song of 175 bpm ( United ), the time betwin a circle on a red tick and a white tick is of 171ms, AR10 is actually at 450MS, Ar11 is at 300Ms ( just put DT on AR10 and lets see if its easy ), so on a 175 bpm song ( its relatively low bpm ( or medium, depand of the player ) ) u have approximately twice less time to reacte than AR11, 300Ms ( AR11 ) is like 50-100 ms above the normal reaction time of a human.

So no it wont be easy, and yes it will be a EASIER, but not that much, just what it need for FL to be balance
Sanxu_old
Since when is memorisation any less of a skill than reflex and sense of rhythm? You're asking for that element to be eliminated simply because you don't like it?
Topic Starter
Niroe

Sanxu wrote:

Since when is memorisation any less of a skill than reflex and sense of rhythm? You're asking for that element to be eliminated simply because you don't like it?

Eliminated ? Wait what, dont make me say what i dont said :

U will NEED to memorize certain jump and stream, because actually, for a 175bpm song, 171 ms to reacte is actually too fast for make a wide screen jump, same the half of the screen will be really hard and need some impressive reading,reflex, aiming and speed, its will be more, when HR and HD is more about reading than the 2 other mods, DT is a reflex and speed mod, when FL is about memorization, u can keep the aspect of memorisation, u will NEED to memorize some things, but it will be less hardcore than the actual FL ( where if change are made for FL, mine or not, making FL easier, can be more competitive, and be more fun, i mean, in the worst case, nobody while care about FL ( not really differant than now tho ) and in the best case, FL will become a mods like the other mods, can be used for fun, to be in the top50 in a map, or for ranking up, acutally FL is only usefull for the top50 rank and to play for the fun ( and i m sure there is like, what, less than 10 people on 100 that like play FL actually ) )

The way i imagine FL is definitly not for destroy it or what else, i mean, i m pretty persistent and cold blood guys, i can wait really long time and doing the same things during a verry long time ( was farmer on some Korean MMORPG, where u need to kill monster and monster for level up, so doing the same things really dont bother me ), but when i image myself doing the same map with the same music and the same BG and the same paterns, just cant be more annoying...

If FL is makiing easier ( or at the limit more rewarded ) i m sure same the few people used to this FL would be happy from the change... ( not all, we re not in MLP world, not all the worlds is rainbow and fabulous clouds )

And for all the people who pass many hours on FL and doing all of this for nothing cause FL will become more easier one day or the other, all the DQ maps who just delete Top ranks and pp, that, dont bother anyone ( yes it bother u, just sarcastic )
Bara-
You never said it will appear 1/2 beat before the circle is hit
That makes it even worse, because it suddenly pops up, so you can get confused pretty easily, especially on low bpm (like 70 BPM with lots of 1/8)
Karuta-_old_1

Bauxe wrote:

Back in the old days when there are little beatmap to begin with, top players would use flashlight and FC a map which is like 4.5 stars and above even for today's standards

And yes, they probably spent hundreds of hours mastering the technique, Legalist is an example of FL player

There are even stories about how Meltina DT FL a map for 2 days (not sure if it is true)

Sadly FL players are rare or unnoticed but making it easier to attract more people is a no no
Topic Starter
Niroe

Niroe wrote:

baraatje123 wrote:

You never said it will appear 1/2 beat before the circle is hit
That makes it even worse, because it suddenly pops up, so you can get confused pretty easily, especially on low bpm (like 70 BPM with lots of 1/8)
Never said that, or if i said it, fcku my english

EDIT : Okay nvm, just forget to precise, it will NOT appears 1/2 beats before we need to hit the circle, it will appears when the cirlce appears and there is no other circle before this circle, so, if there is a cirlce on a red beat and a circle on the next white beat, on BPM 175, if u hit the circle on the white tick at a perfect timing, the circle on the next red ticks will be highlighted during 171 MS ( the time betwin a red and white ticks at 175 bpm )

Karuta- wrote:

Back in the old days when there are little beatmap to begin with, top players would use flashlight and FC a map which is like 4.5 stars and above even for today's standards

And yes, they probably spent hundreds of hours mastering the technique, Legalist is an example of FL player

There are even stories about how Meltina DT FL a map for 2 days (not sure if it is true)

Sadly FL players are rare or unnoticed but making it easier to attract more people is a no no
Not really normal to spend 2 days for a FC of your level but i will say nothing...

Actually, the change i think for this mods isnt for attract new FL players, in fact yes but not really, i mean, on 100 players inttersed in FL, how many play FL all the time like a principal mods, like the 3 other mods ? not more than 20 i think, these change is for all the player who cant play FL the way it is because its borring, the idea of the mods is fcking awesome, but its really too hard, its sensed to be hard as DT ( same score multiplier ) like HR is sensed to be hard as HD ( not really the case tho ) In fact, HR is a correct difficulty, DT is too easy, HD is really too easy and FL is like, if you see what is I wanna be the guys, you see how its frustrating and hard ? FL is like that, perhaps more than IWBTG

But if nobody can accept the fact FL is way too hard actually, just dont post anymore and lets drop the topic...
Kaine
you can do this by animating the hitcircle overlay lol
deadbeat
it defeats the point of limiting vision if you then highlight where the next object is.