forum

[invalid] Disable CTRL+R (Retry)

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +76
Topic Starter
mijkolsmith
Hello,
I play osu!mania with rtkl and I can't change the keybinds for the retry hotkey.
The current key, ctrl+r, is inconvenient because my palms rest on both control buttons and as you can imagine I press r a lot.
I can't change the keybinds because I decided one day to knock over a glass of lemonade on my keyboard.

So, a disable retry hotkey option or an option to change the keybind for it is requested in this post.
Bara-
You can change the other keybinding from ~ (tilde) to something else (so you don't need to press ctrl as well)

I currently have it at "S"
VeilStar
While they have the same function, you can't rebind nor disable the CTRL+R one, only the one you're talking about, baraatje123.
Bara-

VeilStar wrote:

While they have the same function, you can't rebind nor disable the CTRL+R one, only the one you're talking about, baraatje123.

baraatje123 wrote:

You can change the other keybinding from ~ (tilde) to something else (so you don't need to press ctrl as well)

baraatje123 wrote:

the other keybinding
Isn't that what I said?
Okay, perhaps a little hidden though >.<
drum drum

baraatje123 wrote:

VeilStar wrote:

baraatje123 wrote:

baraatje123 wrote:

the other keybinding
Isn't that what I said?
Okay, perhaps a little hidden though >.<
you misunderstood

he's saying you can only rebind the quick retry key
VeilStar

drum drum wrote:

he's saying you can only rebind the quick retry key
Indeed. And rebinding this doesn't rebind nor disable CTRL+R. So regardless of what you set it to OP will still have the same issue.
(Which is why he made this feature request.)
Topic Starter
mijkolsmith
Well, drum drum answered my question for you baraatje123. Veilstar even adds what I would normally have written here.
Topic Starter
mijkolsmith
Just to clarify, this is not resolved.. there has only been an answer to baraatjes question.
Oinari-sama
Reworked title and unmarked.
peppy
Resting hands on ctrl keys is never going to be supported. You might want to jam shit under your control keys so they don't press down, or find an alternative solution.
Bara-
Lol ^^
Also, I didn't properly read it.
He talked about accidentally pressing it
In that case, I think the 'R' should be change able (just as Tab in Shift Tab), ctrl stays
Sorry for my misunderstanding
Topic Starter
mijkolsmith
Well then, thanks for having unchangable keybinds.
PeteN00b
Just change it to like * or something so you definitely won't be able to press it lol.
Asthmatic Magic

mijkolsmith wrote:

Or you could just you know, disable the key outside of osu?
Bara-

PeteN00b wrote:

Just change it to like * or something so you definitely won't be able to press it lol.
How can you change something unchangeable?

qba108 wrote:

mijkolsmith wrote:

Or you could just you know, disable the key outside of osu?
Not sounding rude, but this is kinda terrible advice
Mijkol is dutch, and I regurly see him in #dutch, he chats, he needs the R button
Ctrl in itself is a fairly usefull button since there are many things to do with, so this is a bad idea

I still think it should be allowed to change, but peppy denied it, so it's better to stop this discussion
nebbii

peppy wrote:

Resting hands on ctrl keys is never going to be supported. You might want to jam shit under your control keys so they don't press down, or find an alternative solution.
i feel highly oppressed
Bara-
Please don't bump old marked threads
BasedGod
too bad it'll never happen
nebbii

peppy wrote:

What if you use ctrl as part of your osumania layout? I cannot play 8k like this.
Bara-

Baraatje123 wrote:

Please don't bump old marked threads