forum

[duplicate] To "challenge" a replay.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
brueashear
What I mean by "challenge" is that when you click on the replay you can then "challenge" the replay.

How it would work: It'd be like the multiplayer scoreboard, you'd have the replay's player name and yours. Almost like a ghost in racing games. But you can't see the other person. If the replay used mods, the mods would be automatically enabled when you start playing.

Why I think it might be useful: People could use it to take the #1 spot on maps, you could try and beat old records and see your active progress on it.

P.S. Yes, I know its a dumb idea. Do I care? God no.
OXO
If you can't see the other person, just make sure your tab menu is up... even though I think it would be cool to have a ranked player's score increase along with yours, you can easily get the same effect by just playing against a friend. I actually liked the idea you dismissed; the one where you see a ghost of the other player's movements... so you could turn it on and off in the menu... I mean you can ALREADY do it with a lot more hassle by recording a ranked play and putting it as a video in the background... peppy? :)
Topic Starter
brueashear

OXO wrote:

I actually liked the idea you dismissed; the one where you see a ghost of the other player's movements... so you could turn it on and off in the menu...
I like that. It'd be nice to see a ghost. Although it would probably be distracting for some players. But as you said, "turn it on and off in the menu..." I personally think it should be default off.
Oinari-sama
Post here: t/11114
Topic Starter
brueashear
My bad, I thought no one had posted about it.