forum

[resolved] Huion H420 Pen Left Clicking Even When I'm Hovering

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
-Beats-
So just a few hours ago, I dropped my pen and the pen got stuck deep. I managed to take it out and put it back in but after this, the pen would think I would be left clicking even when I'm not touching the tablet itself. It's really frustrating and it makes it hard for me to do anything. A solution would be appreciated. Thanks so much.
VeilStar
You've already tried it but... try replacing the nib with a new one again?

Other than this I can't really suggest anything aside from disabling the left-click function in the driver.
Topic Starter
-Beats-

VeilStar wrote:

You've already tried it but... try replacing the nib with a new one again?

Other than this I can't really suggest anything aside from disabling the left-click function in the driver.
Yea, I already tried. And does the Huion drivers have a left-click disabling function?
VeilStar

AwkwardBeats wrote:

Yea, I already tried. And does the Huion drivers have a left-click disabling function?
I'm not certain as I don't own a Huion H420, but I would assume it does. Hopefully someone that knows more about this specifically jumps in here.
Trosk-

AwkwardBeats wrote:

I believe that you can't disable the left-click function on the Huion H420... I'm afraid that you will need to get another pen if yours has the left click stuck even if you changed the nib..
Incorrect
Not entirely sure if you have the same drivers as I do, but with my drivers download disc, a program to edit the settings of the tablet was included. To change the button config, this is the path you should follow.

Program >
Button >
Mouse Command

Then change setting to 'No action'

Hope this helped! :)
Trosk-

Incorrect wrote:

Not entirely sure if you have the same drivers as I do, but with my drivers download disc, a program to edit the settings of the tablet was included. To change the button config, this is the path you should follow.

Program >
Button >
Mouse Command

Then, seems like I saw another version of the drivers. I hope this is usefull for him.
Topic Starter
-Beats-

Incorrect wrote:

Program >
Button >
Mouse Command

Yes! I got it to work. Thanks so much for your help! :D :D
Topic Starter
-Beats-

Trosk- wrote:

AwkwardBeats wrote:

I believe that you can't disable the left-click function on the Huion H420... I'm afraid that you will need to get another pen if yours has the left click stuck even if you changed the nib..
Ok, thanks.
Topic Starter
-Beats-

VeilStar wrote:

AwkwardBeats wrote:

I'm not certain as I don't own a Huion H420, but I would assume it does. Hopefully someone that knows more about this specifically jumps in here.
I guess there was someone. But thanks for helping me anyways. :) :)
VeilStar
Well, disabling the click function is a hack-ish work-around, but I guess at least you can still use it to play osu! now.
Marking this as resolved then.
Topic Starter
-Beats-

VeilStar wrote:

Well, disabling the click function is a hack-ish work-around, but I guess at least you can still use it to play osu! now.
Marking this as resolved then.
Do I need to do something to mark it as resolved? Sorry, this is the first time asking for help on the osu! forums so I don't know that much.
VeilStar

AwkwardBeats wrote:

Do I need to do something to mark it as resolved? Sorry, this is the first time asking for help on the osu! forums so I don't know that much.
Nope. Leave that upto staff to do it. The thread will get moved the the Resolved Issues forum automatically.
Topic Starter
-Beats-

VeilStar wrote:

AwkwardBeats wrote:

Nope. Leave that upto staff to do it. The thread will get moved the the Resolved Issues forum automatically.
Ok. Thanks.
Baldstuck

Incorrect wrote:

Program >
Button >
Mouse Command

where did u find this driver?
ThatAnimeAdorer

Incorrect wrote:

Program >
Button >
Mouse Command

Okay, so I've now tried downloading this because I'm experiencing the same problem, but it just keeps on adding MB, making less space on my computer. I tried re-starting the download, but it's just done the same! Should I just it go? :?
Oh okay, its done now... but its sent me a screen capture thing? WHAT?! :shock:
ry00001
Necro'd but @Incorrect: Can you post the drivers?
Kao

ry00000 wrote:

Necro'd but @Incorrect: Can you post the drivers?
Be aware that the user's profile doesn't exist anymore.
The user won't be notified either, a PM would've sufficed better.
Also why are you asking for old drivers?

If you have a problem, make a new thread instead.
Tranus
I get this is old, and resolved (ish). However, I think I found a solution to the constant clicking. I was having the same problem, for some reason my nib got stuck down and even after replacing it, it seemed the component beneath was still stuck. After unscrewing the top part (which required pliers), I found that the plastic holding in that component had been deformed, and was holding it down. I used pliers to tear off the upper part of the plastic, releasing it and allowing the pressure when hovering to return to ~20 or so (I am using the 680s, which uses the same pen, and has 2048 pressure levels). Unfortunately, when taking the last bit off to try to reduce it to 0, I accidentally broke the wire coil just below that, rendering the pen useless. I would suggest using a knife instead, and not getting so overzealous.
HeyGuy
Do you know there is a setting to disable mouse clicks when you're in a game? I didnt check the date of this post but I hope it helps a bit more :P
show more