forum

[duplicate] Easy-Access Skin Elements

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
[ Scarlet Red ]
(For Lack of a better name)

Unsure if this has been requested previously, or if something similar has been, but I'll request it anyway. Any changes and/or reasons why this wouldn't work are accepted.

What is this?
Basically, a quick way to inter-change certain skin elements. The main one that sprouted the idea was a cursor. Set a folder in your skin folder and name it... like (Cursor) or something and then when you go in-game, you have a list of all the cursors you put in that folder. Not just for cursors though. Why not hitcircles? Or anything possible.

Why?
Well, a lot of skins have folders with different inter-changeable skin elements. Why not just input this as part of the game? Makes it easier long-term for everyone. For example: Find a lot of cursors and load them up in that special folder. Start up osu and test every cursor quickly. You'll find one you like faster and stick with it. Not just for cursors like I said, but that's the one that sprouted this idea.

So this is what I think would be cool for osu, but it's my opinion. Again I don't know if this has been mentioned previously, or something similar, but I came up with this on my own ^^.

Anything like criticisms or pure reasons this can't work are accepted.
drum drum
so something like a skin editor? t/311725
Oinari-sama
Also check out t/109336 & t/203338