forum

[duplicate] [editor] Allow us to hitsound slider ticks

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Kibbleru
I don't mean like using "soft-slidertick.wav" or that thing

It would be nice if you could actually select the slider tick and place a clap or something on it like how you would select slider heads and slider tails.

opens up a lot of possibilities and it would make putting slider tick claps (like what some people like to do) easier.

I guess the downside being it would be easier to provide false feedback and such but imo we can make it work.
TheVileOne
It is already not recommended to hitsound sliderticks. I don't see this change happening anytime soon.
Yauxo
It's not recommended - I think that's a somewhat old relic of the ranking criteria.

Slidertickhitsounds are extemely helpful for Beginner/Easy/Normal diffs if youre using long Sliders and thus skipping important beats for it to be easy (because eh, ranking criteria). To compensate for the "feedback" effect, tickhitsounds are less loud - I guess that could be automated when implemented properly?

Also, why do we have Slidertickhitsounds in the first place if we're supposed not to use them for a better cause .-.
Bara-
YES PLEASE
This'll save so much time

Yauxo

4:31 min song :v

Also, thinking about that, it'd clear up TONS of greenlines which also make BN life easier (less greenlines to check)
Deva
Good idea for easy/normal/some hards.
For anything harder just no.
Bara-
Myxo
Slidertick hitsounds are badly used in most mapsets. They are basically a no-go in Hard / Insane, and are overused / misused in Easy / Normal. I would not like to see this feature implemented, as it will be hard to keep people from abusing / overusing slidertick hitsounds. Honestly, if your timeline looks like this
due to slidertick hitsounds, you should probably reconsider your hitsounding (and what instruments you actually follow, even in Easy / Normal).
Bara-
Desperate, I wouldn't use full 1/1 on 220 bpm on easy, right? I use those to emulate th claps/beats
drum drum

baraatje123 wrote:

Whoops
use this
Yauxo

Desperate-kun wrote:

Slidertick hitsounds are badly used in most mapsets. They are basically a no-go in Hard / Insane, and are overused / misused in Easy / Normal. I would not like to see this feature implemented, as it will be hard to keep people from abusing / overusing slidertick hitsounds. Honestly, if your timeline looks like this
due to slidertick hitsounds, you should probably reconsider your hitsounding (and what instruments you actually follow, even in Easy / Normal).
I have to disagree with that. We're supposed to hitsound things properly reasonable throughout the entire diff, and that's what Iam doing.
I absolutely hate the sound of the ticking in Easy diffs if it just doesnt fit to a) the song and b) other diffs with proper hitsounds. Sliderhitsounds would fix exactly that and allow for a "better" (I guess that is up to the player) experience. We already have to endure an annoying tick that doesnt fit to the music, why cant we have a tick that supports the music (with lowered volume to not completely distract)?
Song of my greenline massacre: http://puu.sh/itYzl/a5903d5e53.osz

I mean, if we're really about subjectivity, things like Kiai flashes, Slider as opposed to Spinner (Easy/Normal diffs as example, due to the ms limitation) and similar shouldnt be a thing either then.