forum

[duplicate] osu! Ranking Divisions

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
unboundlife
EDIT: before you say anything, there is a similar thread here which I also strongly recommend reading

Hey all, this is my first post so feel free to state your opinions ON THIS TOPIC. No hate please and pardon my bad english :)

So, I've been playing osu! a couple months now, and feel like there is no improvement in my ranking. I was formerly a League of Legends player (quit because LoL is too time consuming), and I think the ranking system in League should be implemented in osu!. Groups like "A" or "S" or "SS" or "Silver SS" and so on.

I don't want to sound too persuasive, but it has some good advantages. I personally think it might make the game more popular (I'm not saying that it isn't, but more players couldn't hurt :P ).Also, providing in-game rewards can he hosted such as a 1 month supporter tag, or in game titles for players high on the ranking chart.

How I think the system could work (if you played LoL, I suppose you know what I'm trying to say):
SPOILER
Like the system being used now, the more PP you have, the higher you are in the rankings, but you are placed in a division with people who have relatively the same amount of accuracy/PP levels as you. The global ranking still exists, but it's slightly easier to rise up in ranks.

Haven't thought this through yet, but this may help the game, or be wasted time & effort for the hard working osu! developer(s).

Anyways, lemme know what y'all think of this :?:
Deva
Im pretty sure i already saw something like this today...
Topic Starter
unboundlife

HK_ wrote:

Im pretty sure i already saw something like this today...
If so, please provide a link to it so I may see it. Wouldn't want to be copying other people's ideas :P
Deva
I would do that in my first post if i could find it >_>

EDIT: t/336955
drum drum
we don't need a million of these
read oinari's post and figure out which one you like more

you also might want to read this if you haven't already
Topic Starter
unboundlife

drum drum wrote:

we don't need a million of these
read oinari's post and figure out which one you like more

you also might want to read this if you haven't already
Please read the post carefully. I linked that one. I apologize if I did not read the rules carefully, and idea simply came to mind and I decided to post about it :D