forum

[duplicate] Removal of screenshot upload pausing osu! while playing

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Divaricate
I find it really annoying when I upload a screenshot while I play and then get forcibly paused when it's completed uploading. For example, I often forget to wait for a screenshot to upload before playing a map, so I get paused while I'm playing an intense map and get messed up by it. At least an option to turn the pause off would be great.
I'm sure it isn't necessary to forcibly pause osu! just to tell people their screenshot is uploaded.
Thanks,
~Josh
Nyaoh
I don't understand
MillhioreF
The reason it does this is because osu! opens the screenshot in a new browser tab, and if it didn't pause, osu! would lose focus and you would rapidly miss notes until osu! refocused.

There's been some consideration about just copying the link to clipboard instead of opening it in a browser tab (which would solve this problem as well) but I'm not sure if that's actually going to be implemented.
Topic Starter
Divaricate

MillhioreF wrote:

The reason it does this is because osu! opens the screenshot in a new browser tab, and if it didn't pause, osu! would lose focus and you would rapidly miss notes until osu! refocused.

There's been some consideration about just copying the link to clipboard instead of opening it in a browser tab (which would solve this problem as well) but I'm not sure if that's actually going to be implemented.
I'm sure that copying the link would be an extremely better way to go about it, as opposed to pausing the game and stopping gameplay completely.
Maybe just an option to disable the game being paused from uploading would be good. I have dual monitors, so my browser opens on a separate monitor to osu! and it doesn't get in the way.
Bauxe

Divaricate wrote:

MillhioreF wrote:

I'm sure that copying the link would be an extremely better way to go about it, as opposed to pausing the game and stopping gameplay completely.
Maybe just an option to disable the game being paused from uploading would be good. I have dual monitors, so my browser opens on a separate monitor to osu! and it doesn't get in the way.
osu! still loses focus though. Your input will only apply to the currently focused window, which will become your web browser. Doesn't matter if you have 2 monitors.
Topic Starter
Divaricate

Bauxe wrote:

osu! still loses focus though. Your input will only apply to the currently focused window, which will become your web browser. Doesn't matter if you have 2 monitors.
Ohh really?. Hmm. If only there was a way around it.
Thanks for that.
drum drum
do you want this t/37856
Topic Starter
Divaricate

drum drum wrote:

do you want this t/37856
Exactly that
drum drum
bump it then
Topic Starter
Divaricate
bumperino
Update: I haven't been bothered by this lately, but it's removal would still be great.
drum drum

Divaricate wrote:

bumperino
Update: I haven't been bothered by this lately, but it's removal would still be great.
you realize this has been marked duplicate?