forum

Should I upgrade my tablet?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
LoliPantsu
I used a H420 since I started but I'm seeing all these pro players using those fancy wacom tablets and I'm thinking about upgrading but would it make a difference at all?
Yuudachi-kun
I use the h420 and it's good tablet.
autoteleology
The Wacom tablets are actually specification-wise worse than the H420. I think they're only actually better in terms of a) ergonomics / fit and finish and b) size.

Then again, I don't own either - that's just what I've learned from doing buyer's research.
E m i

Philosofikal wrote:

The Wacom tablets are actually specification-wise worse than the H420. I think they're only actually better in terms of a) ergonomics / fit and finish and b) size.

Then again, I don't own either - that's just what I've learned from doing buyer's research.
CTL480 is not
Bauxe
It won't make you better.
Yuudachi-kun

Bauxe wrote:

It won't make you better.
Tablets make everyone better, mate.
pandaBee
The more tablets you buy, the more power you obtain.
xasuma
Wouldn't make a difference I think.
Mafuuu
If you want a different pen for grip/weight then maybe but it really isn't worth it imo.
ZenithPhantasm
C used a Wacom therefore a Wacom is clearly superior.
You wont improve by buying new tablet
Karuta-_old_1
I would have bought the cheaper tablet if there was a choice, those pro players probably got theirs a long time ago
autoteleology

Kheldragar wrote:

The truth that nobody who spent $30-100 on a piece of equipment used only for the game wants to admit
Yuudachi-kun

Philosofikal wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

The truth that nobody who spent $30-100 on a piece of equipment used only for the game wants to admit
Why would this be embarassing? I've spent probably 600 hours on the game so far so good investment.
Gumpy
The H420 is fine you won't see a noticeable difference once you get used to it. The only reason I have a wacom is because I got it for free.
The Gambler
Wacom tablets come with software, so nothing different than an h420.

I only bought Wacom as I fiddle with Anime and Manga Studio from time to time. And bigger surface area means better precision for editing work. Other than that, osu doesn't need an expensive tablet really...
autoteleology

Kheldragar wrote:

Why would this be embarassing? I've spent probably 600 hours on the game so far so good investment.
I don't believe I said that
Yuudachi-kun
The implication is that "not wanting to admit" means "ashamed" or "embarassed"
autoteleology
The point is that most people won't admit that tablets are better suited to osu! than mice. There are zero mouse players in the top ten, despite tablets not having been around at the start of osu!.
TakuMii
But tablets were around back then... Not to mention the fact that osu! was based off of a touch-screen game...
autoteleology

YayMii wrote:

But tablets were around back then... Not to mention the fact that osu! was based off of a touch-screen game...
osu! was originally mouse only. Read the wiki.

https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Play_Styles#Mouse-only
show more