forum

This will survive until the end of summer.

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
s7ana
August 17th, Monday 2015:

I have played Nekopara Volume 1 in the past, and I just had gotten Volume 0 on Steam recently earlier today. Played all the way through it in one day!!
I love the petting mode in Volume 0. :D Still waiting for Nekopara Volume 2 to be released in the winter.

So I made had made a thread recently for some people to post some of their favorite beatmaps that they really like, and I had discovered some that I never even knew were around. Here is a beatmap that has a very unique storyboard (Recommend playing with storyboard option turned on, obviously.):

Reset- wrote:

Ok a serious one is https://osu.ppy.sh/s/261911 by nold
Really nice storyboard, hitsounding, patterns and flow imo tho its rly hard especially since i like to NFHDHR stuffs
If you'd like to join in on the topic, and post your favorite beatmap. Or want to find something new to play, go here:
t/358348
B1rd
Nekopara is pretty subarashi desu

Brian OA wrote:

It's not exactly humming or singing that's weird. It's judged on a case by case basis.

One of my housemates is obsessed with singing and thus sings and hums throughout the entire day as loudly as possible. He is the sort of guy that will break into humming and singing in the middle of a conversation or a car ride. It sure doesn't help his case that he's bad at it. Hell, that might be the most important thing to consider here. I've had classmates that were a delight to listen to, but this guy makes me want to poison his ramen
I like whistling.
Topic Starter
s7ana
August 19th, Wednesday 2015:

I tried to play a game called RPG MO, since I was bored today and wanted to check out some stuff. Apparently you can't curse or use acronyms for swear words in the EN (English) chat. I got muted for thirty minutes, and here I am now writing for today. It's been a long time since I've played a game where you can get muted for saying cursing. It's funny because the average age of the player base in that game is 15-17 years old and we get muted for something that isn't really serious nowadays in any game with a chat box. Game was getting boring anyway, so here I am.

Tried to play something called Hexis, it's supposed to be like osu! or something. It's okay, but osu! is definitely more polished. Not to mention that it has a lot more players and beatmaps. Hexis is currently in Alpha, so of course it's not good or fully functional yet. I actually kind of liked the "Click and hold in one spot" note kind of.

____

At the end he is just like "Watchu lookin at"

joi-

B1rd wrote:

Nekopara is pretty subarashi desu

Brian OA wrote:

It's not exactly humming or singing that's weird. It's judged on a case by case basis.

One of my housemates is obsessed with singing and thus sings and hums throughout the entire day as loudly as possible. He is the sort of guy that will break into humming and singing in the middle of a conversation or a car ride. It sure doesn't help his case that he's bad at it. Hell, that might be the most important thing to consider here. I've had classmates that were a delight to listen to, but this guy makes me want to poison his ramen
I like whistling.
Whistling is cool when you're the one doing it, but when you're listening to someone else whistle it just sounds annoying.
Trash Boat
All those gifs made my tablet crash, thank you very much.

And btw, the summer ended several months ago, so...
Bweh
Depends on what you define as summer
EneT
No, it depends on what side of the hemisphere you live you ignorant retards.
It's still summer in the North and it'll end near the end of September.
Bweh
Over here we don't even have summer
Topic Starter
s7ana
August 21st, Friday 2015:

I guess I've been doing everything in my own timezone, even the part with when summer ends. I've been suspecting some people getting my posts the day after when I am supposed to post. Such as posting around eleven PM but then to some people they get it around one AM. Oh, and I also understand that summer officially starts and ends at different times depending on the equinox and solstice of the sun on the hemisphere you live.

Bear with me and let this end on September 22nd.

____

Pick up line: Bear with me, but first bare with me (Start taking off your clothes) | If she get's it and starts doing the same, she's a keeper.
FuZ
You should publish a book
Mahogany
Publish this topic as a book
abraker

Mahogany wrote:

Publish this topic as a book
"ASwarmOfDiariez" will be its title
EneT
Waiting on your next entry.
Topic Starter
s7ana
August 24th, Monday 2015:

The game "Until Dawn" seems pretty cool. Always like those type of games where almost every decision you make is able to change the outcome of a scene and ending. There's also the fact that it is a survival horror game, which is right up my alley.

Speaking of horror, does anyone have any phobias? If you don't mind talking about it.

I'm personally afraid of black/very dark blue water. Which generally means deep water. It can also mean like a 3 foot deep pool in a dimly lit room, I just hate the combination of darkness and water. It's strange because I'm not particularly afraid of the dark, and I am also able to swim. It just feel disturbed and have this nagging feeling of death where my skin starts to crawl, I start to feel something inside where I want to panic and just go as far away as possible from the source. I can't even do it in video games, if you make me go swim in deep water when it's dark in the game I just want to exit the game out of fear.
As cool as it sounds to other people to be in some kind of exploration submarine really deep in water, that'd be the last thing on earth that I would be at.

I also don't like whales, or rather fear whales. Put me in a tank with a dolphin, I'm good. Put me in a tank with a whale, I'll probably flail about and drown even though I can swim pretty good. There's just something I can't put my finger on, whales just scare the fuck out of me. If I was on some kind of kayak and a whale showed up, I would shit myself and cry like a baby. I wouldn't dare trying to be in water with one, I would faint if it rubbed me. I'd be totally fine to be on a cruiser ship and there was a whale.. except that I'd probably be away from the railings. If there was such a thing as flying whales, I would never go outside ever again. Also something about their "singing" just creeps me out, like some kind of moan of dread.

My friends always tell me that I'm just scared of any living thing that is more than ten times bigger than myself. Maybe it's some kind of protective instinct that I gained from my distant ancestors that saved them in the past. I shudder at the thought of what my ancestors experienced in dark waters.
abraker
My friends always tell me that I'm just scared of any living thing that is more than ten times bigger than myself.
Giraffs, Elephants, giant squids, dinosaurs... say what if cats were the size of whales? OwO
EneT
I'm scared of deep, dark water as well. Mainly because you don't know what could be under you; the sea can be a scary place to swim.
piruchan
But whales are cool ;_;
sumire98
my summer ends in less than three weeks and I've never been this long without doing anything productive tbh
Topic Starter
s7ana
August 26th, Wednesday 2015:

Checked out a game called Toribash. It's kind of hard to learn how to play, but I got to become a yellow belt in a day. So far I'm pretty good at doing the kicking opening moves (My balance can get pretty bad though sometimes), and also aerial fights.

So far the current goals I've got in osu! are:
Reach a five thousand play count, and get a ranked score of one billion.

____

Mahogany
I've tried Toribash in the past and dear god I could not do anything for the life of me

It's a really unique game but wayyyyy over my head
Pringle
Wow, what a thread. o:
Topic Starter
s7ana
August 28th, Friday 2015:

Yo. In my area I'll be starting school on September 2nd, Wednesday. All posts after that date will most likely be made during the evenings so it will basically be the same as usual, or otherwise will be posted at night if busy.

How do some of you guys see space? As in, do you think there is some kind of end to it? I know there are some people who actually think it has some kind of ending. It is hard for me to think about if there is an ending somewhere for it. I personally think that once reaching far enough into space, like an unimaginable distance; that you'll be warped all the way to the opposite side of space of where you are. So if you kept going in a straight line you'll basically be in some kind of loop if that makes sense. But of course the size of space is so large you could call it infinite because it'll almost be impossible to reach the undetectable warp I was talking about. What about you?
Mahogany
I personally don't think it's worth thinking about space too hard. The limitations of space aren't going to be relevant to us as a race for a long, long time, and you'll just confuse yourself by thinking about it. I prefer to think about more relevant things xd
Topic Starter
s7ana
My Mother was going out the door to go grocery shopping today and she asked me if I had wanted anything. I was thinking that I wanted a snack so I said that I wanted some Cheez-It's and this is what I received:

Whenever I look at knock offs/copies of the snack products that I eat, I sometimes wonder why do people even do it. I don't really see it as a "Honest way to earn money". Especially if it's not an individual doing it, but a company where everyone in it acknowledges that it is basically a copy of something that already exists.
Railey2
what why not honest? Theres a demand, and they feed the demand with a product that is heavily inspired by another product. It's not like theres some top-tier industry-espionage going on, where All of Our Snack Crackers stole the secret recipe of Cheez-It's. That would be dishonest.
Topic Starter
s7ana
August 31st, Monday 2015:

The end of Summer is near, and so is school for those of that age. Looks like my osu! goals will be slowed down when the time comes, but I can predict I'll have a better ranking and also higher level before winter begins. Or at least, I'd like that.

Since this topic will be ending soon, and that I'll also be a lot busier during the school days. Maybe I should talk about my personal experiences with osu! so far.
If you're currently reading this, maybe you could possibly share something of yours similar to what I am doing below.

____

From the beginning, I had found about this game mainly because I was searching up some anime opening themes to listen to. Searching their title names. From what I remember, that's how I stumbled upon a game play of osu!. I was interested to say the least, even though the game play isn't exactly "stunning" if compared to many of the other video games out there. I guess I was just interested mainly because of the many "anime themes" surrounding the game and community. Well if you had an interest in anime beforehand, you'd likely be intrigued by what the game offers; no?

I never really was the type of person to look up "Help/Tip Guides" on Google or Youtube when getting into a new game. I kind of understood what to do, I mean I played that really short and slow osu! tutorial beatmap that everyone at least has played once. I vaguely remember actually how difficult the easy/normal beatmaps were, and myself getting an average of 80-85% accuracy. I do remember somewhere on the inside of feeling some kind of accomplishment once I could get a 90%+ accuracy with Hard Rock. I thought I was starting out pretty good about a week or so after starting. That changed when I tried multiplayer for the first time.

I remember trying out multiplayer for the first time, I would generally just look for room titles saying that it'll play mainly easy to normal beatmaps. I felt that one emotion, you know when you play single player and you think you're doing pretty good by your own standards. Then when you go do some multiplayer you just don't do as well as you thought you could (Excluding the slight pressure of multiplayer). As of right now, one of the biggest things that bring me back to playing osu! is that feeling of winning first or second place in multiplayer.

When I got to the point where I could 98%+ easy and normal beatmaps, and also started doing somewhat decent on hard difficulties. I used to be that one guy who would go join those easy to normal difficulty multiplayer rooms. Just to have that feeling of crushing those who do not have the same experience as I do. If anyone is reading this post this far, I suggest never doing this kind of thing. I stopped once I actually thought about what I was doing and realized that it wasn't really pushing me forward in the game. It actually stops your progress in getting better, or sometimes even can make your performance lower a bit for reasons I can't really explain well. I replaced that habit of doing those things in multiplayer by mainly forcing myself to not do it anymore. From where I am now, I don't think I would be as good if I were still the same. Although I can't exactly say I'm really good at the game anyway.

The point where most of my fun in osu! started to spike up was when I started to get into insane difficulty beatmaps. There's something in osu! that you just can't get in other games. The feeling of doing multiple jumps successfully, or doing a stream pretty well. The feeling when you beat one of your own local high scores, or when that beatmap that used to be really difficult for you in the past is easy for you now. Such as when a beatmap that used to feel fast or overwhelming, now feels as if it is somewhat slower and you can get a better grasp on it. The best thing in this game is that progress, is something that is noticeable easily. The progress of getting better and exceeding what you thought you could do, the player can easily understand once he/she has overcome some borders.

I could continue this, but if anyone lives near the area I do. They know it's pretty late and I've also taken some time into thinking and writing this post. It's about time I go have some shut-eye. I've also got to get back into somewhat of a regular sleep routine since the school year is starting up.

All in all, see you all on Wednesday. Although I don't really know how many people actually pay attention to this topic.
fat pear

Mahogany wrote:

over my head
was that a freaking pun
Mahogany

[ microism ] wrote:

Mahogany wrote:

over my head
was that a freaking pun
Not intentionally

I personally found out about this game through League, as have many other players, although I never really played League. I've had 2 week-long spurts of trying to like that game in my life, and it never worked. However, during the second week-long spurt, someone posted about the game on a message board, saying it made you better at League. I really didn't care, but I checked out the game anyways, and I found out it was a rhythm game.

I've always loved rhythm games. Always. But I've always been terrible at them because they were always too difficult to learn. Osu was incredibly simple to learn. The rest was kinda just history. One thing I can thank is my country for not having enough people good at games in it smh. Someone of my skills can get rank 4 in Ireland, pfft. At least it was a great source of motivation when I was ranking.

I agree, there is nothing that matches the satisfaction of hitting jumps or streams perfectly.
fat pear

Mahogany wrote:

[ microism ] wrote:

was that a freaking pun
Not intentionally

I personally found out about this game through League, as have many other players, although I never really played League. I've had 2 week-long spurts of trying to like that game in my life, and it never worked. However, during the second week-long spurt, someone posted about the game on a message board, saying it made you better at League. I really didn't care, but I checked out the game anyways, and I found out it was a rhythm game.

I've always loved rhythm games. Always. But I've always been terrible at them because they were always too difficult to learn. Osu was incredibly simple to learn. The rest was kinda just history. One thing I can thank is my country for not having enough people good at games in it smh. Someone of my skills can get rank 4 in Ireland, pfft. At least it was a great source of motivation when I was ranking.

I agree, there is nothing that matches the satisfaction of hitting jumps or streams perfectly.
A few years ago I saw my brother playing osu!. I tried a bit, but I absolutely sucked, despite my liking for rhythm games.

A few years later I was spinning in my swivel chair, tired of having to pay for good games. As time passed I thought "hmmm, maybe I should play osu!". And that decision is what led me here.
I made my own osu! account in the middle of winter last year. Right away after I created my account I was able to play 3 star maps. I played other games like Ouendan and Elite Beat Agents, but they cannot beat osu!. In no other rhythm game are you going to feel the success of FCing a beatmap. In no other rhythm game are you going to feel the satisfaction of a jump combo. In no other rhythm game are you going to feel the stress upon your fingers after a stream.

Thank you ppy.
Topic Starter
s7ana
September 2nd, Wednesday 2015:

So, what anime are you guys currently looking out for or watching? Here's a small list of mine right now.

Baby Steps 2nd Season (Has finished the first season)
Ore Monogatari!!
Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri
Non Non Biyori Repeat (Already watched the first season)
Hunter x Hunter 2011 (I've already watched the original that first aired in 1999)
Great Teacher Onizuka
Chi's Sweet Home: Chi's New Address (KITTEHS!)

What about you? If you don't mind me asking.

You don't have to talk about your favorite anime of all time if you don't want to. I know that in some cases that some people have two number ones.
My favorite anime series is Hajime no Ippo, and I hope they continue where they left off. There's content left in the manga that they can use. The interesting thing is that the manga is still publishing, or basically ongoing somehow. Maybe the current situation is that they are waiting for more content to be released before starting the next season in Hajime no Ippo. Now that I think about it more, isn't the manga around twenty six years old now? I hope the author finishes up before they retire. :cry:

George, you're forty nine years old. Finish Hajime no Ippo manga soon please. :cry:
E m i
ha first
hi :? :?: :?:
Topic Starter
s7ana

Momiji wrote:

ha first
hi :? :?: :?:
Hello xxaimmaster5000x
Topic Starter
s7ana
]First weekend of the school year for me! My parents say they want me to get a job. Since I'm at the right age, I actually have been thinking about it. But I don't exactly feel the need to do one. But then again, I want money. But then again, I don't like the idea of doing work. GAH!!

Anyone here that is a working adult, or working teenager? What kind of job do you have and what do you do. How much do you get paid per hour, and do you like it? Is there anything that you're trying to save up for, or are you just using your money on necessities right now? I'd be nice to have somewhat of an idea on what the "job" world feels like from someone who has experience in it.

Now that I think about it.. I don't actually really know what kind of profession I want once I graduate. Do you have one?
E m i
Enjoy your weekend >:3

ASwarmOfKittenz wrote:

Now that I think about it.. I don't actually really know what kind of profession I want once I graduate. Do you have one?
Laborer lol
ZenithPhantasm
Lock thread pls.
AlyNight
Well done. (I guess)
It survived till the end of summer
E m i
Summer is not over yet
Yuudachi-kun
And he hardly played osu all summer.
fat pear
we have to continue this until february for the new zealanders, australians and south americans and some africans
Topic Starter
s7ana
Fixed last post. (All text were colored white and I didn't preview it when I posted)

This thread will officially end on September 21st.
show more