forum

[duplicate] [Editor] Support selecting mods in test mode

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Yumeno Himiko
Not knowing if it's raised before so I'd like to talk about this.
e.g. Many stuffs cannot be tested in test mode, something like if hp is too high for hr, we can only test in solo play.
Also, when mappers are mapping high difficulty maps, they have to test play with HT mode, which means they need to quit editor again and again and adjust the notes until they are put in the right place. The same problem applies to modders who can not play that hard.

Applying selecting mods will also be helpful to those top players who wanna try the exact parts of the map in editor.

And I would like to show how will it works if supported:

First we move our mouse on Test icon (It's really simple!)
If the mapper just want to test with no mod, just click on test and enter test mode.
Otherwise after about 0.5s (?) a mod select icon will show up in the bottom to ask if the mapper wanna select a mod

If the mapper click on it, a mod selecting board will show up and mapper will be able to choose mods.
What is different from the main menu is that we need to add a new icon "Test play"
It will be like this:

Of course the ui can be placed at better places \o/ And we may discuss about better ways to add this feature?
abraker
This would help make 3 star mania maps that are more DT friendly. I like this.
Bara-
Requested many times (but can't find it)
Closest I could find is t/138899?hilit=Mods
You can add you're idea to it as well (no need to, as it's already posted there)
Oinari-sama
It's actually requested and denied many times in the past. This thread (also denied) contains the most useful discussions so far: t/101600

I'll leave this topic open for now and see if ideas have changed since, but before you post here please have a read of what's discussed so far in the link above.

Do NOT star this thread in the next 24hrs please just in case.
riffy
I'd support different speeds for testing. (something from 0.75 to 1,5)

Using editor for practice is kind of unfair, if you ask me + I believe that maps should be designed for no-mod plays.
Krfawy
If you want to test maps with mods, just put some mods on and play it! That's the best testing mode! \w/ BTW if someone can't pass something because of too high HP when HR is on, who cares? D: Like if someone wants to make a pp farm, then that person should try to keep it as rankable as possible and THEN you can worry about pp and stuff. LOL2
TheVileOne