forum

[confirmed] [web] Friend's List/Ignore List confliction

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Renevant
Problem Details: If you have someone on your ignore list, and you try to add them through their profile, they will be added to your friends list. But you can't remove them from your friends list after you've added them until you remove them from your ignore list.

So, basically the issues are:
-You shouldn't be able to add someone to your friend's list who is on your ignore list.
-When you do add them, you can't remove them from your friend's list until you remove them from your ignore list.
-The "Mutual" / "Friend" icon on the user's profile will remain at "add as friend" even though you have added them, which can be seen from the "settings" screen.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

Used Hvick as an example, this can be done with anyone:

So i added Hvick to my ignore list, then went to his profile and added him as a friend there. The icon never changed.

Then i went to my "settings" page and you can see he's on my friend's list:

I tried to remove him by hitting the "add as friend" icon on his profile, thinking it would just toggle it off, but it didn't.

I then removed him from my ignore list, which also removed him from my friend's list.

osu! version: 20150601.2cuttingedge
Trosk-
Well, this is an actual issue.
VeilStar
Hmm.

You can add a foe as a friend but you cannot add a friend as a foe trough the website.
This isn't applicable in-game, however, and causes it to override the website settings.
When trying to add a friend as a foe trough the website it says "You cannot add users to your foes list who are on your friends list."

You can still remove the person as friend (even if said person is added as foe) trough the user control panel.
With that said I guess having the friend button ignore foe status is the easiest solution and most appropriate solution.

Confirming.
peppy
foes are not supported and will be removed at some point. don't use it