forum

[invalid] Live streaming~

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Tsunderplane
So I was thinking a while ago and thought: "why can't we live stream by having someone set up a bot to stream our gameplay kinda how osu!record works?" well yeah that's pretty much all I have to say ^^; maybe it can be possible idk <^<

-BlueCatcx
Oinari-sama
Who's gonna pay for the hardware and bandwidth? This sounds more like a 3rd party app project imo.

Just fyi, there's a different request for having an official 24/7 streaming bot spectating random players: t/175252
Topic Starter
Tsunderplane

Oinari-sama wrote:

Who's gonna pay for the hardware and bandwidth? This sounds more like a 3rd party app project imo.

Just fyi, there's a different request for having an official 24/7 streaming bot spectating random players: t/175252
I see ^^; ill check it out~
TheVileOne
We have a bot that allows you to connect to people's game streams. It's called BanchoBot. There is third party streaming software that can be used to stream gameplay. Also Twitch is a bad medium to view osu! on anyways.

It takes a very high bitrate to track the gameplay smoothly. Only people with decent internet capabilities would be able to view an osu! stream without constant buffering. The built-in spectator system is much less demanding, providing the same smoothness for a far less wasteful resource usage.