forum

Top Ten Under-ranked Players of 2015 (in YOUR opinion)

posted
Total Posts
show more
B1rd

jesus1412 wrote:

spro is insane, he's recently been climbing to his deserved spot and getting more attention thankfully.
rrtyui seems to be getting forgotten lately but he doesn't play so I'm not surprised.
dsan is just dsan, he doesn't get much praise but he's pretty insane.
I agree. Especially Dsan is one of my favourite players, he has heaps of under rated ar8 DT plays, and no one except Cookiezi has come as close to FCing Atama no Taisou.

Yakumo Yukari is a pretty underrated player.
Fateburn
MillhioreF
Ekoro

seriously they should receive more pp from ez
Mahogany
Millhiore is definitely underranked by far. OD needs to be less important :/

OmgForz is another one who's heavily underranked for his level of skill.

Obligatory Rrtyui mention because he reks everything he touches but isn't concerned with ranking

Riince wrote:

jesus1412

rank 300
wtf jesus is only rank #300? Definitely underranked

On the reverse side of things I'd like to call myself ridiculously overranked because OD and accuracy are ridiculously overweighted in this system
Yuudachi-kun
I think acc is weighted fine as it is; gives me a reason to want to improve. it at higher ods.
Deva
rrtyui because im a fanboy.
Mahogany

Kheldragar wrote:

I think acc is weighted fine as it is; gives me a reason to want to improve. it at higher ods.
OD has a ridiculously powerful impact on a map's PP worth, though. OD7 or less maps are nearly worthless unless they're getting some serious benefit from the marathon bonus. (4 minutes OD7 seems to match up to like 2:30 OD8 just from my guesstimate, which would be like 1:45 for OD9 all with the same acc) (Again just a guesstimate)
Yuudachi-kun

Mahoganytooth wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

OD has a ridiculously powerful impact on a map's PP worth, though. OD7 or less maps are nearly worthless unless they're getting some serious benefit from the marathon bonus. (4 minutes OD7 seems to match up to like 2:30 OD8 just from my guesstimate, which would be like 1:45 for OD9 all with the same acc) (Again just a guesstimate)
But have you considered how hard it is to achieve and sustain 99%+ on od9+?
Deva

Mahoganytooth wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

I can play OD10 just fine but can barely get 75% on OD10. I think that thats just how it should be because ton of noobs like me would get in top 1000 way too easily otherwise.
Yuudachi-kun

HK_ wrote:

I can play OD10 just fine but can barely get 75% on OD10.

What
Mahogany

Kheldragar wrote:

Mahoganytooth wrote:

But have you considered how hard it is to achieve and sustain 99%+ on od9+?
It depends on what AR you're playing. 9.67 is ridiculously easy to sustain 99% on OD9, it's a bit more difficult on AR9.

Regardless, I don't think it has to do with 9 and 10 being overweighted, but rather anything below 7 to be completely and irredeemably worthless.
Deva

Kheldragar wrote:

HK_ wrote:

What
Did i insult you in any way?
Mahogany
No I think Khel is just confused by what you said.

Khel I think he's saying that he can play OD10 fine he just gets terribad acc.
Yuudachi-kun
@Mahogany, It doesn't necessarily depend on the ar. You don't have below or average acc. You're rewarded for accing, and I have to be rewarded from playing harder songs since I can't acc - I think that's completely fine.

@HK If you 75% od10, how is that playing it fine as opposed to just passing?
Deva

Kheldragar wrote:

@Mahogany, It doesn't necessarily depend on the ar. You don't have below or average acc. You're rewarded for accing, and I have to be rewarded from playing harder songs since I can't acc - I think that's completely fine.

@HK If you 75% od10, how is that playing it fine as opposed to just passing?
I said that i can play OD9 just fine not OD10
Mahogany
Higher AR means less circle time on the screen which means less time to mistime your press. Getting good acc definitely gets easier as the AR increases (assuming you're capable of reading the AR you're playing at ofc)

I just have a grudge against every OD7 and less map honestly. They're just completely worthless.

I have an SS on Diamond on Insane, which is a 3-minute long 4.95* map. It's OD7. I got 157 PP from that play.

I also have an SS on Owl City - Up All Night. It's 3:30 long, is 4.98*, and is OD8. I got 178 PP from that play. These two maps are also pretty similar in how they play.

Due to the exponential nature of PP, that is a MASSIVE difference for just a difference in OD. Not to mention that if Diamond was OD6, it'd be even more worthless, which is why exceptional EZ-Mod players such as MillhioreF are ridiculously underranked.
Yuudachi-kun

Kheldragar wrote:

HK_ wrote:

What
Od10

@tooth

I think od7 is worthless is because it's piss easy to acc for most people. When I had 93-95% account acc I was able to 99% od7. Think about that.
Deva
Well guess that i didnt write what i meant >_>
Mahogany

Kheldragar wrote:

@tooth

I think od7 is worthless is because it's piss easy to acc for most people. When I had 93-95% account acc I was able to 99% od7. Think about that.
Thats the problem, though. The PP system doesn't do a good job of determining whether a map is easy to acc or not, outside of a really dense object count that implies loads of streams, or the OD of a map.

It's a lot easier to acc a longer jumpy map than a shorter streamy map, but the system doesn't take that into account. The difficulty with jumpy maps is not getting good acc, it's hitting the jumps, acc isn't really that relevant since if you're hitting all the jumps you're probably hitting stuff accurately anyway, yet it still has a significant impact on your PP gain.
Yuudachi-kun
I wish I could talk about acc as easily as you.

Hits 6 jumps in a row as 100
uberpancake
Before this thread derails completely I thought I'd mention rlsc, bes_joker and -GN. They pretty cool dudes (if I made a top 10 I'd just end up putting undeserved plauers in my list so I won't bother.)
MortalBlade
Just wait until rrtyui buys a new stylus pen and he will be back.
lewy39
Me of course.
Mahogany

lewy39 wrote:

Me of course.
You necroed a thread just to say that?

You suck 8-)
Topic Starter
WriggleNightbug

Mahoganytooth wrote:

You necroed a thread just to say that?

You suck 8-)
This thread is 20 days old, not a necro if you ask me
Mahogany
Maybe if he said anything worth reading it'd be excusable
ZenithPhantasm

Mahoganytooth wrote:

Maybe if he said anything worth reading it'd be excusable
meteor22
I agree, any very very good FL or EZ player is underrated because of the current pp system.
Deva

meteor22 wrote:

I agree, any very very good FL or EZ player is underrated because of the current pp system.
FL is just plain memorisation. No skill involved. They should just remove it because FL score multiplier pisses me off.
EZ gives you low AR/OD/HP and 3 lives. EZ players deserve brutal pp reduction even for really amazing scores.
Mahogany

HK_ wrote:

EZ players deserve brutal pp reduction even for really amazing scores.
Why? Any player you ask will admit that EZ makes any insane or higher map far harder than normal.
Deva

Mahoganytooth wrote:

HK_ wrote:

EZ players deserve brutal pp reduction even for really amazing scores.
Why? Any player you ask will admit that EZ makes any insane or higher map far harder than normal.
Because most of those "any players" probably gave up on EZ after their first try because they cant play anything under AR9.

Honestly ill get much much much better score playing HR with AR/OD/HP10 than with EZ but only reason why is because i DONT play EZ. Its same for everyone else.
Mahogany
EZ is objectively harder than nomod on any map of reasonable difficulty, and does not deserve "brutal pp reduction"
Yuudachi-kun
EZ also lowers the OD of a map, guys.
Deva

Mahoganytooth wrote:

EZ is objectively harder than nomod on any map of reasonable difficulty, and does not deserve "brutal pp reduction"
Its just visually harder, every other aspect of EZ makes everything easier. I mean its called Easy for sakes sake...

Kheldragar wrote:

EZ also lowers the OD of a map, guys.
Not only that it lowers OD, it halves it. I mean OD10 -> OD5.
20ms error to 40ms lol
Yuudachi-kun
I like seeing people who use EZ thinking it will actually be easier.
Mahogany

HK_ wrote:

Its just visually harder
The entire game is based on looking at circles. You're acting as if being visually harder is something minor. It's a massive difference.
Yuudachi-kun
Ekoro could play blindfolded.
-Makishima S-

HK_ wrote:

EZ gives you low AR/OD/HP and 3 lives. EZ players deserve brutal pp reduction even for really amazing scores.
TFW you cannot find proper meme becouse level of bullshit is too high.
You sir, please go and watch twitch streams, talk to people who actualy play ceratin mods on daily basis and ARE high in ranking then come back.

If EZ is actualy "Easy", try to play any 5* map with it. By play i mean read it properly and keep good acc.
If you cannot do this - your statment is bullshit.
If you don't play EZ and don't touch this mod - stop acting like you actualy know it, it looks plain retarded.
Yuudachi-kun
EZ already gets a bonus for low AR (The only thing that makes it hard) - it's just that the lower CS and OD nerf it.
Mahogany

Kheldragar wrote:

EZ already gets a bonus for low AR (The only thing that makes it hard) - it's just that the lower CS and OD nerf it.
That's already an accepted problem in the community

What's bullshit though is saying they DESERVE shitty PP
Yuudachi-kun
Well they kind of chose to play a mod that they knew gave no pp anyways
show more