forum

[added] Enable AiMod to detect overlapped inherited timing sections

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Broccoly
It's really bothersome and time-consuming to manually go through every green line in the editor to see if any of them are doubled up.
And since this (overlapped green line) is a legitimate DQ reason, why not make AiMod take care of it?

Shiro
Hit F6, click the Inherited Points tab, go through the list of timing sections focusing only on the offsets, delete any duplicates you see.
This barely takes any effort and has the merit of being fast (yes, it works when you have a lot of sections).
Topic Starter
Broccoly

Shiro wrote:

Hit F6, click the Inherited Points tab, go through the list of timing sections focusing only on the offsets, delete any duplicates you see.
This barely takes any effort and has the merit of being fast (yes, it works when you have a lot of sections).
There's still room for human errors and mistakes when peppy can probably program the function in less than 5 minutes and get rid of the risk completely
Nathan
yes
TheVileOne
I checked the code and there is already logic for this. It is just limited to uninherited. I can modify it to apply to both.
Topic Starter
Broccoly

TheVileOne wrote:

I checked the code and there is already logic for this. It is just limited to uninherited. I can modify it to apply to both.
That would be awesome TVO.
sheela
There is an updated AiBAT program by jonathanlfj that checks duplicate inherited points. This link will direct to the thread.
Aka
why do we need separate programs when it can be easily added to the actual game?
basically everything what aibat checks just must be added to that aimod, imo..
Yauxo

TheVileOne wrote:

Please do. Even if it seems so simple and little, it'll take lots of annoying work off mappers and BNs
TheVileOne

Aka wrote:

why do we need separate programs when it can be easily added to the actual game?
basically everything what aibat checks just must be added to that aimod, imo..
I'm working on updating AiMod. It takes time for changes to be approved.
Topic Starter
Broccoly
Nice!! hype
Aka
and how far we are now o:
Bara-
Nice
This'll be really useful
BanchoBot
Issue(s) in this thread have been addressed by the following changes:
  1. Report duplicate inherited timing points. (TheVileOne)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150809cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.
sheela
Yeya!