forum

What made you like osu so much?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rayne Sylvania
Just like the subject says
What made you like osu? Is it the beatmaps? Rankings? The community? Etc.
Okoratu
mapping, playing is a pain; I used to like that part some time ago though
Critical Dude
This guy: https://osu.ppy.sh/u/Kods
And then the community :)
bigfeh
Eh, originally I just used it to kill time. Loads fast, there's no commitment (what do I lose if I quit a play, other than the play?), I'm in and out of it in five minutes. It just so happens that the game grew on me (turns out it's fun)
EneT

bigfeh wrote:

Eh, originally I just used it to kill time. Loads fast, there's no commitment (what do I lose if I quit a play, other than the play?), I'm in and out of it in five minutes. It just so happens that the game grew on me (turns out it's fun)
Pretty much sums it up.
Mahogany
Always loved Rhythm games but I was either bad at them or there was nothing to keep me playing.

I'm good at osu and there's the ranking system to keep me playing more and loads of maps so I can play more more.
Shohei Ohtani
I used to enjoy it in 2012 and at this point I've been so used to living life with it that I don't know how to live life without it

please help me
Mofu kun
#saveCDFA2K15

OT: i like most of the music
Mafuuu

bigfeh wrote:

there's no commitment
This.

I got tired of other online games where other people relied on you to be active for daily missions or group missions every second. Also being pressured with 'we'll kick you if you aren't active' was stupid. osu! is great because I can just quit or take a break whenever I want and noone would talk shit about me.
Shohei Ohtani
i don't agree with this like I stop modding for 4 months and I have never received shit like the shit I have received.
bigfeh

CDFA wrote:

i don't agree with this like I stop modding for 4 months and I have never received shit like the shit I have received.
and you can just tell them to fuck off, take a dump on their heads and move on with your life
Varetyr

Mafuuu wrote:

osu! is great because I can just quit or take a break whenever I want and noone would talk shit about me.
As a MMO player, I can relate to this.
Friendan
I saw a video called "Why Facecames are Stupid". I can't find the video, but there are some other videos of osu! facecams. I created an account 2/3 years ago, then quit, and remade an account a year ago. I've been silenced for the 2nd account already, though :(
chaee
Playing is a pain. I'd have probably quit this game if it weren't for mapping and the general community.
HaruryuuSan
The community.
In_Disarray
>cool music (not weeb anime OPs)
>fun game mechanic
>gotta go fast
Friendan
[ yogurt ]
I had fun playing it. I don't think I really enjoy other games I play.
nanoooooooooo
those loli backgrounds on the songs
Gumpy

Harumi wrote:

The community.
and all the friends I got talk with and meet soon. Overall i'd say it was a good experience.
Railey2
music and rhythm made me get into the game. The constant skill-improvement I experienced through playing made me stick with it. I wonder where my limit is..
Yuudachi-kun
Improvement feels nice
thelewa
crippling depression
kyun_DELETED

thelewa wrote:

crippling depression
this is an appropriate reason
In_Disarray

Friendan wrote:

In_Disarray wrote:

(not weeb anime OPs)
https://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmaplist?q=cros ... 0&la=0&ra=
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/56397
hey, LiSA is good
2nd song qualifies tho
chaee
Having talent at something my friends on other games find the hardest is a nice feeling c:
drum drum
definitly the community
Dephix
science
-Iku-
the music :3