00:05:395 - ok listen to the background and try this again. I appreciate the effort but not yet. Ehh, so?
00:16:472 (3,4,5,6) - For simple words like this while the background is holding a chord, this is awfully out of place Okay f, If you'd only ignored background music ;_;
00:18:626 (3,4,5) - movement pls Nahh, This is an anti-jump, If I'd make a movement here, It'll look sht.
00:39:857 (1) - Ok so the pattern is cool but man this overlap is killing me Hmm, I've tried moving it a little, 'cuz anti-jump :p
00:42:318 (1,2,3,4) - fix spacing pls for this pattern They're all 1.5x spacing away o_o Yes, It's 1.5x
00:44:780 (1,2,3) - Consistency pls. Either make it jumps evrey time the words come up or make it anti-jumps. And when I mean make it anti-jumps I mean make it jumps because the anti-jumps are no good Okay, changed pattern.
ok so long story short I really don't like the artificial difficulty in this map. The jumps really don't make a whole lot of sense, and the ideas are not consistent. Also, a lot of time jumps seem to be put in there just to break flow and artificially increase difficulty, which is never a good thing.
[Sc4v4ng3r] wrote:[Veyron's Insane]
- Nothing much to say
- 01:04:472 (1,2,3,4) - I think this could be some jumps maybe. If not, maybe just use 1/2 sliders like the previous rhythms. 1/2 sliders here might be repetitive here, since I've used it most on the first parts. So I've added few circles here for some tiny break or w/e.
- 01:06:933 (1,2,3,4) - ^^ ^
A Mystery wrote:Veyron's Insane
- I see a lot of extended sliders, and there are quite a few I do not think fit the song very well
- Maybe a custom clap fits better than the whistle
- I don't know how it sounds in your skin, but in the default skin there isn't a huge difference between the soft-hitnormal and drum-hitnormal, and in most skins the soft sampleset is replaced and the drum is not (and tbh, it does not give the best feedback when playing). This is your choice though, but you don't have to use the drum sample throughout the map, as the soft/normal set will do fine as well My skin doesn't have any custom hitsounds, so yeah I'm also using the default sound. Replacing the drum sampleset, and just to hear a soft one looks tiresome, I'm probably using all of them tbh. So this will be unchanged.
00:04:780 (3,4) - I don't think this is the right spot to use an extended slider, might as well just use a 1/1 slider, since there isn't really a clear sound on that white tick I'm pretty sure this would worth this extended slider... If only people could hear the hi-hats ;_;
00:13:241 (4) - Same here, you are ignoring the snare, so the extended slider feels rather forced There's this guitar or w/e sound it is. Don't you hear the main tracks first?
00:19:549 (5,6,1) - This stack might look good in the editor (depending on whether you turned stacking off or on) but it doesn't look so great when playing, because the auto stack ruins it. This can easily be solved by moving it 3 pixels down and right Going to make a manual stack here instead.
00:22:472 (8,9,1) - Same thing here, 6 pixels down and 7 right for the best stack you can get Same as above, but okay.
00:27:857 (2,3,4,5) - Move this whole pattern to the right? I don't really like the movement between 00:27:549 (1,2) - , as the slider is not directing the way the next slider-head will start. Well, I've also done that on some previous parts ;p like 00:13:241 (4,5) - So for consistency's sake, I'll keep it.
00:29:703 (10) - I'm not sure what this extended slider is mapped to, the only clear sound you can here are 2 1/2 notes, not 1 lasting sound It follows the drop of the 'finish', well... not the hitsound...
00:32:472 (1,2,3,4,5) - You could stay consistent with 00:30:010 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - (and still use the extended slider). The previous patter represented the voice better. Ehh, I mostly hear few guitar sounds on the song track over the vocals. But I'll think about this later.
00:36:164 (5,6,7,8) - I really don't like this. In the background there is a constant 1/4 hi-hat pattern going on, so why not keep the slider 1/2? Also you are ignoring the red tick 00:36:780 (7) - which clearly has a bass-kick in the song Okay so, following minor beats are also necessary in Insanes? I don't think it'd make a good rhythm in my point of view.
00:39:241 (10,11,12,13,14) - Drum is going slightly off in the song, I hope this pattern won't get you into problems It's just a delay on the song track, so no worries~
00:42:318 (1,2,3,4) - Why not use this rhythm pattern to represent the voice? Probably not following the vocals here, for sure.
00:46:857 (11) - The drum pattern doesn't continue here, so technically this is overmapped And I'm guessing you didn't hear the drums properly, alike hearing it on 75% or 50% or playback rate at least.
00:51:087 - Please don't ignore this snare Okay
00:56:780 (8) - Also this extended slider is very meh, as it ignores the basskick I'm thinking this looks fine, at least it following other instruments than just the basskick ;p w/e it called, it follows it.
00:57:549 (3) - I don't see a reason to use an offbeat slider here, so why not switch these objects 00:57:395 (2,3) - on the timeline? It won't even be necessary to re-position them The rhythm sounds odd to me when I tried switching it, It doesn't seem to fit, so I did an offbeat slider here.
00:58:010 (5) - Same as 00:56:780 (8) - Same reason as before.
00:58:780 (8) - There isn't really something in the song that would make this jump fit, so the stack feels rather forced. Try something like this so the spacing will be consistent, and the downbeat will be emphasized because of slider that breaks the flow Okay
00:58:933 (9,10) - On both red ticks is a bass-kick, so why the extended sliders? D: Same reason as before D:
01:02:780 (4,5) - Switch the rhythms. The long lasting vocal not now falls on the slider-end, which isn't the best way to represent this (basically this offbeat slider isn't necessary) Okay
01:04:472 (1,2,3,4) - Either map how you've been mapping all the time, or increase spacing. This change is way too sudden and it will confuse players because there is nothing that indicates the spacing change Since some people complained about this, I'll increase the spacing instead.
01:06:626 (8) - Same as 00:56:780 (8) - Same
01:06:933 (1,2,3,4) - Same thing as 01:04:472 (1,2,3,4) - . Of course here I noticed the spacing difference because you did it earlier, but it still doesn't really make sense. If you were to change that first pattern, change this as well Same changes
01:09:395 (1,2,3,4) - really overused, but the song doesn't seem to have the bass-kicks snapped correctly onto the red ticks here So... What's the use of following the "unsnapped" basskicks here? Another offbeat slider? I won't do it here :'(
01:10:626 (5,6) - I don't really see a reason for the higher spacing here and the anti-flow slider, because there is nothing to be emphasized on that red tick And we should leave it empty like that? no way, There should be a slider (like this one) that can fit the rhythm here. At least, following the simple beat is the main thing.
01:13:703 (7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14) - This sounds more like 1/3, not 1/4 (listen closely @25-50% playback rate) I did, but what I utmost hear, is 1/4. 25% or playback rate makes the beat out of the place and would hear it 1/3, as how you heard it.
01:24:241 (1) - I've heard that in mania it's kinda frustrating when a spinner is 1/4 after the previous object (as for them it is just another key they have to press, but sometimes it can be fast and kinda random since a spinner doesn't start on a clear beat). I suggest moving to the red tick I'm sure this worked fine. This is standard, not mania ;p btw, It's not quite too hard when just clicking the circle and start spinning. Insane diffs these days~
Thanks for the mods, guys! Sorry if I denied most of the mods, but your efforts are worth it! Thanks again :3/
- Milhofo - wrote:[Insane]
- 00:06:010 (3) - this slider should be curved to improve flow, that or rotate it while making 00:06:318 (4) - a straight slider as well But the symmetry with 00:05:703 (2,4) - might break, flow would be broken too. So I might keep this if someone else complains about this.
- 00:17:703 (1) - the drums and guitar do a double stroke here, so you're missing a note / beat in the middle of this slider Well, I can hear it. But it sounds kinda minor beat for a circle here, following some echoes are fine, but I prefer at my own way.
- 00:30:010 (1) - this shouldn't stack and instead be like 00:28:318 (4,5) - to keep consistency I made a stack here, because to help players notice the music change. Don't worry, it's still consistent
- 00:38:626 (6) - maybe put a NC here? so it doesn't get so long on 00:39:241 (10,11,12,13,14) - I've done this on other parts too, for consistency.
- 00:50:318 (2,3,4,5) - this part is really undermapped You mean, the calm part? Why would it be undermapped while trying to follow a few percussion here?
- 00:52:164 (1,2) - ^ you're missing 2 beats ^
- 01:07:857 (4,5) - missing a triple in between I already did some changes from previous mods.
- The chorus feels like the weakest part of the map because it barely only consists of sliders and doesn't have any difficulty increase Uhh, At least, some jumps are bigger than the non-kiai parts ;p
- Overall imo there's an overuse of sliders in this diff, which makes it kind of hard to focus on, due to repetition Well, "clicking circles" is pretty much be able to explain everything! 8D
I was a little late to check the mods, I don't check my GDs often... you know ;_;
Made a few slight changes on my sliders throughout A Mystery's mod, so mehh. Updated Insane http://puu.sh/j2sXL/b222344e2f.rar