forum

[duplicate] Nearby changes make it, well, no longer Nearby

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
A Pig that flys
I don't follow the updates to the game, I just notice them in game and go with them. So that said, I have no idea when the change was introduced or how much was changed, but the Nearby tab in the player menu used to show the people within a small area near you. I would have to guess it was around a kilometer at most, and it was nice because you could find new people and make new friends close to you who also play the game as much as you. But now the Nearby tab is more of a "In your corner of the earth" tab.

Two pictures, the first one being of my general location; The Lower Mainland in B.C. Canada - http://prntscr.com/73ezw8
The second one being the general distance between me and someone in the Nearby tab - http://prntscr.com/73f0ap

The first picture is a 10x zoom of the second. This "nearby" person is in Calgary, Alberta. The BC/AB border is a bit difficult to see in the picture, but apparently this person a whole province and a half away is "nearby". It took my family and I a whole day to get to Banff from Vancouver, Banff being about two-thirds the way to Calgary. 18 hours of driving to still not be in the city of this person that apparently lives close to me.

So, if anyone on the staffing/modding team, or even Peppy himself, see's this, I ask that the distance for the nearby tab get's closed a little. Maybe not back to what it was before, but it shouldn't be what it is right now, because it's barely "Nearby" anymore. Even a slider in the tab to select the maximum distance would be nice, that way people who want to see people further away can, while others, like me, can keep it to within our city or neighbouring cities.
drum drum
moved to feature requests
Aurani
I don't play the game anymore, but I can safely say that you are very ignorant of the fact that you live in a country with thousands of players, while people around the world who live in countries with barely any players actuslly find that thing useful because it allows them to see players who are relatively nearby - not half the Earth away.

Even players who are 18 hours away from me would count in my book as nearby, when compared to people living on the other end of Europe, let alone the world.
Topic Starter
A Pig that flys

Aurani wrote:

I don't play the game anymore, but I can safely say that you are very ignorant of the fact that you live in a country with thousands of players, while people around the world who live in countries with barely any players actuslly find that thing useful because it allows them to see players who are relatively nearby - not half the Earth away.

Even players who are 18 hours away from me would count in my book as nearby, when compared to people living on the other end of Europe, let alone the world.
That's also why I said
Even a slider in the tab to select the maximum distance would be nice, that way people who want to see people further away can, while others, like me, can keep it to within our city or neighbouring cities.
Bauxe
My nearby list only has myself, even though there are hundreds of Australians online at the moment.

I'm pretty sure nothing changed on the 'Nearby' distance.
Oinari-sama
t/271222 can use a bump.
Topic Starter
A Pig that flys

Bauxe wrote:

My nearby list only has myself, even though there are hundreds of Australians online at the moment.

I'm pretty sure nothing changed on the 'Nearby' distance.
Oh hey you're the guy that commented on my reddit post too :3 hai