forum

Can't press +2 keys?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
GunterGaming
I've started to try out osu!mania, but I can't click on more than 2 keys at a time. I did some googling and it shows that most low-end keyboards can't handle more than 2 keys pressed simultaneously. I'm not planning to go out and get a new gaming keyboard.
Does this make osu! mania unplayable for players without gaming equipment?
edisk
you must be using a keyboard picked up from a rubbish chute or something...
There are keyboards out there that cost below $15 and are able to press up to 6keys at once. If you include modifier keys, then it becomes 8.
Bobbias

GunterGaming wrote:

I've started to try out osu!mania, but I can't click on more than 2 keys at a time. I did some googling and it shows that most low-end keyboards can't handle more than 2 keys pressed simultaneously. I'm not planning to go out and get a new gaming keyboard.
Does this make osu! mania unplayable for players without gaming equipment?
Like edisk said, not all cheap keyboards are limited to 2 keys, you just happen to be really unlucky. If you can afford it, just buy a new cheap keyboard and try it.
Evening
try this to check for combos if you don't plan to change keyboards

http://www.microsoft.com/appliedscience ... gDemo.aspx
dung eater
You could experiment and see if there's some key combination that lets you register more than 2. You could plug in another keyboard or use mouse or something else for input.
DanSparce
unusual.... even cheap boards could allow 6 key combinations at once.
I think key combinations are your problem here. Some keyboards usually don't allow some combinations. Depends.
Based on my observation, many keyboards have problems dealing 4 keys on letters that are typed by the same hand. (e.g. combinations like asdf or jkl;). Many keyboards also have problems dealing with simultaneous combinations at the third letter row (zxcvbnm). Most users use bindings at the first or second row. I recommend tying combinations like dfjk on 4K (different hand assignment). Some players even use combinations like asd (space) uio (7K) (different row & different hand assignment). If this doesn't seem to work, I think its better to buy a new keyboard :) :)