forum

Osu! Backup Site

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cyuubi
So I have been working on this today and this is a backup site for osu! enjoy.
URL: http://osubackup.altervista.org/
troke
it's easy make like this, i think peppy don't needed, because osu! site it's running for 9 years and still live, this why osu! dont need backup sites
anyways, it's nice
Topic Starter
Cyuubi

-Troke- wrote:

it's easy make like this, i think peppy don't needed, because osu! site it's running for 9 years and still live, this why osu! dont need backup sites
anyways, it's nice
Maiz94
iinb4 thread gets deleted. again.
Topic Starter
Cyuubi
u w0t m8
Howl
Topic Starter
Cyuubi
Yea but you can't search for maps or download osu!?
Howl

MIDPotatoe wrote:

Yea but you can't search for maps or download osu!?
For the maps, in the website the link to the maps is merely a link to bloodcat. Also, there are other mirrors too, in case bloodcat goes down: * t/137156
* http://loli.al

As for downloading osu!, I remember peppy saying to not mirror the osu! installer. Was also pretty angry at the person who mirrored and posted the installer, too. Nevermind, I didn't see the source code of the website. Now that I've seen it I can really say it's really, completely pointless.

* the link to the maps only links to bloodcat. So you aren't mirroring any maps, just providing a link to a mirror.
* the link to download osu! sends to the osu! servers. If this was really an "osu!backup" with an installer mirror (which shouldn't have been done anyway, for the reason written in the striked text), the installer link would have been a link to a copy inside your website itself, not to the osu! server.

The only chance where I see this coming useful is if osu.ppy.sh itself becomes unavailable while all others osu! servers are still up. Either way, most osu! users know bloodcat/hexide's mirror/loli.al more than your website (due to the fact the mirrors have been around for quite some time and some people have already been using them not only as a resource when osu! goes down). Other from this, I think that in case osu! gets shut down, it gets shut down with all the servers, not only the website. But ok.

Sorry for sounding rude if I did.
Topic Starter
Cyuubi
Hmmm then i will fix it sgh lol.
Szymek
Backup sites are always good :D
Topic Starter
Cyuubi
Thnx!
Hans5958
Malwarebytes blocked your site, congrats
brunn08

Hans5958 wrote:

Malwarebytes blocked your site, congrats

Same problem here. Can you resolve this problem MIDPotatoe?
Raymonf
I don't think we really need this...
troke
woah, today i'm buy MalwareBytes Home Premium
and looks Malwarebytes block this domain

lock thread (?)
Topic Starter
Cyuubi
wtf
Topic Starter
Cyuubi
damn son the site is safe your antivirus must hate altervista doamins!
Hans5958

Pepperrika wrote:

damn son the site is safe your antivirus must hate altervista doamins!
Yeah, maybe, because http://osucloud.altervista.org/ blocked too, but some domains like the official altervista page and osuzapper.altervista.org/osu.html is working