forum

Steam sale

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ph0X
http://store.steampowered.com/

It's an amazing time to buy games on steam.
To those you have no valve game, I highly recommend th is:
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/2546/

I'm actually thinking about getting myself another account with Valve pack.
For the price of 1 mw2 or bc2 copy, you can get around 20 games, 3 of them being on the very top of metacritics alltime pc game chart.
And that's without mentioning all the free DLCs that 3-4 of these games are getting :P
adam2046
I usually hate buying stuff off Steam, the only exception was the christmas sale when everything was cheap as chips and my downloads were unmetered for a day.
I might just pick up Torchlight and Trine this time since the sale has once again come at a good time where my ISP has added 15 GB to my download quota.
Topic Starter
Ph0X
I would've bought trine even for 20 if only it had fucking online coop, but no, fuckers were too lazy to implement it.
Trine 2 is going to have it though, but yea, I'm still not buying trine1.
awp
Bioshock 2 only 15 dollars ffffffffffffffff that's so tempting but my computer can barely run it and I have about 50 games backlogged (15 or so on Steam) ah goddamn it I'll look at it when I have a new machine worse comes to worse I gyp myself 15 dollars
Desuftw
This seems VERY convenient. I might jump on these offers.
Gabi
lool cs:source seems to be selling worse than 1.6 still
Topic Starter
Ph0X
Remember, don't buy games that aren't a daily deal till the last day of the sale. Otherwise, you will be a sad panda when they get even cheaper in a few days.
Bestelle
Hm... That might mean ztrot would finally be able to get L4D2 ;o
Loginer
Missed Deus Ex while it was on sale a few days ago, and I still don't actually own Garry's Mod. Don't disappoint me, Steam.
Mara
Buy TF2 for me.

Thank you.
Doomsday
Just bought CS:S. Can't go wrong when its less than £5.

Maybe I can get L4D2, if I can get the money before the sale ends. I had some change lying around, and CS:S was dirt cheap, sooo...
Topic Starter
Ph0X
daily sale just updated, pretty sihtty stuff today. Oh well, 8 more days left :>

Also, again, don't get games like tf2 or l4d2 yet. I'm 90% sure they'll have their own daily sale.
Remco32

Ph0X wrote:

I'm 90% sure they'll have their own daily sale.
How come?

I got myself CSS and Killing Floor yesterday. CSS might be the worst community I've encountered yet.
Topic Starter
Ph0X

Remco32 wrote:

Ph0X wrote:

I'm 90% sure they'll have their own daily sale.
How come?

I got myself CSS and Killing Floor yesterday. CSS might be the worst community I've encountered yet.
Yes, CS:S does have the shittiest communities, but it has some pretty fun custom maps, as long as you play with your own friends.

Also, there's 10days of daily sales, and everyday there's around 10 games, so chances are, l4d2 and shit will be in there too.
Topic Starter
Ph0X
Holyfuck, 4pack l4d2 is 30$, that's like 7.50$ each copy.

Also, for anyone who doesn't have audiosurf, shits like 2.50$
Remco32
Wait.. wasn't Half Life 1 prices €6,50 yesterday? Now it's just €2
Topic Starter
Ph0X

Remco32 wrote:

Wait.. wasn't Half Life 1 prices €6,50 yesterday? Now it's just €2

Ph0X wrote:

Remember, don't buy games that aren't a daily deal till the last day of the sale. Otherwise, you will be a sad panda when they get even cheaper in a few days.
Remco32
It was a daily deal yesterday, IIRC
Remco32
The Steamsale is pretty 'meh' today, if you ask me.
Topic Starter
Ph0X
Indeed.
Mara
Well, there's Monkey Island.
Bestelle

DataCirno wrote:

True, but I'm still indecisive about that.
Loginer

RL Link wrote:

DataCirno wrote:

True, but I'm still indecisive about that.
If you haven't played Tales yet, buy it. Now.
Topic Starter
Ph0X
New deals aren't bad

Osmos is definitely worth 2.5$
TF2 isn't bad, not as good as the time it went down to 2.5$, but its still a good deal.
gta4 and sf4 are both pretty dece too
Mashley
I should get something... hmm Nah fuck it
0_o
My Macbook's crappy graphics card continues to sadden me ;_; I would be completely on top of TF2 otherwise..
Mara
Anyone wanna gift TF2?
Mashley

DataCirno wrote:

Anyone wanna gift TF2?
I want iiiit :B
Topic Starter
Ph0X
Shatter is a pretty fun game. I know there are shitloads of games like it out there, but this one is actually somehow entertaining.
The void looks slightly interesting, I might get it.

flatout is a good deal, but I personally like burnout with coop missions better.
redfaction and me2
oh and torchlight for any rpgfag.

not bad
Topic Starter
Ph0X
Winterbottom for anyone who enjoyed braid/company of myself
awp
Titan Quest + Immortal Throne for 5 dollars oh yes
Mogsy

awp wrote:

Titan Quest + Immortal Throne for 5 dollars oh yes
Hell yes.

Got myself The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom, Titan Quest + Immortal Throne, and Indigo Prophecy via the sale so far. I thought I was going to control myself better than this, especially since I got Deus Ex 1 + 2 on the 10th anniversary sale. Oh well.

I'm really hoping that the Penumbra pack drops below $10. If it doesn't before the end of the sale, that's fine, I'll just get it on the last day. Those games seem really interesting and atmospheric. Cryostasis also looks interesting, but I'm not too sure about it.
Remco32
Got myself Saints Row 2. Gonna replay it on PC now, finished it on 360 before.
I also bought Gmod.
NoHitter
zzz Half-Life 2 is $3?
Remco32
So, there will be no more sales in this summersale?
0_o
Someone tell me if I should get the Freedom Fighters pack :U I'm cheap, you see.

Also, Portal is $2 in case anyone missed it when it was free.
Loginer

Remco32 wrote:

Still one day left. The last set of daily deals will probably be encores, though.
Topic Starter
Ph0X

Loginer wrote:

Remco32 wrote:

Still one day left. The last set of daily deals will probably be encores, though.
How so?
Also, doubt they'll be massive sales like this again, but who knows.

EDIT: I guess you were right ;P
qlum
finally got left 4 dead 2.
Bestelle
Get L4D2 whenever you can, gentlemen. 2 more hours.
awp
So I missed out, eh?
Bestelle
Pretty much.