forum

Pray For Nepal

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kinshara
Hi guys!

If you don't know, a major earthquake (roughly magnitude 7.8) devastated Nepal very recently. The infrastructure and the precious history of the country were completely ruined. Furthermore, roughly 1800 lives were taken.

Please, if you have time, send some well wishes and/ or prayers (if you're religious) towards Nepal and Nepali osu! players.

You can read more about the earthquake here.

Thank you.
B1rd
Is it weird that I would learn of such an event here.
Topic Starter
Kinshara
I think a lot of people get caught up in osu! and forget to maintain contact with the outside world. And it's better to learn of such news somewhere rather than nowhere.
Nathan
My condolences to the people of Nepal.
Mofu kun
i hope that the earthquake has not taken many lives.

#prayfornepal
Nub1

B1rd wrote:

Is it weird that I would learn of such an event here.
well its GD after all
KokoaCrunch
#prayfornepal
ShiroNekomura
This is such a heartbreaking news.
My deepest condolences goes to the Nepalese. May the souls of the faithful departed rest in peace.
#PrayForNepal
Nuolong
All the remarkable pieces of history, ruined? :(
And for the lives that have been taken, my deepest condolence.
Aurani
While I do sincerely hope that people there are fine, I really have to say that I utterly dislike the Tumblr-like shit like that. "Pray for them" - prayers aren't going to help for shit. Send them physical help, not some "thoughts" that aren't going to matter for shit.
Vuelo Eluko
if anyone really wanted to make a difference they'd donate to some sort of disaster relief fund or even go over there rather than do something meaningless and fooling themselves into thinking they're not bad people.

that's all that is, people who can't be bothered to actually do anything trying to make themselves feel good by doing nothing.

meanwhile, i am going to do nothing without pretending im making a difference, and just say good luck recovering Nepal
Zuune
May the souls of the departed from Nepal find rest in heaven.
Topic Starter
Kinshara
@Riince & @ Aurani. I understand that prayers and well wishes won't do much. But this is usually the most anyone can do. It's not really about feeling good for oneself. This post is mainly to raise awareness. Maybe someone who has the resources might see this and be moved to actually help in a substantial way?
Andrea

Aurani wrote:

While I do sincerely hope that people there are fine, I really have to say that I utterly dislike the Tumblr-like shit like that. "Pray for them" - prayers aren't going to help for shit. Send them physical help, not some "thoughts" that aren't going to matter for shit.
I completely agree with this.

Anyway, hearing such news is always sad. :(

Hopefully things will get better as soon as possible, even though that will take some time.
EneT

Aurani wrote:

Agreed. Saying that though, I don't plan on donating money but the best I can do to help is raise awareness to those people that care enough to do so
Topic Starter
Kinshara
Yes, please raise awareness. It is better to do something rather than do nothing.
Secretpipe
Wishing to them the best to face that disaster.

What a shocking earthquake ;_;
Jordan
How about you do something actually useful like donating money to fund raises instead of praying?
Topic Starter
Kinshara
Stop posting anymore stuff like this, please.

Again, this post is mainly to raise awareness. It's a place where people can write well wishes to fellow osu! players and people of Nepal. And praying doesn't hurt. Emotional healing is also important. Of course, donating is great. But if you can't donate for some reason, you can take some time to write a meaningful message.
Vuelo Eluko
i seriously doubt any nepalians are going to see this thread

https://osu.ppy.sh/p/pp?c=NP
show more