forum

[duplicate] More Features For Skinners

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
PieInOblivion
SORRY, after posting realised that this MIGHT in the wrong forums, SORRY. At the time I thought this would also be considered a 'New Features' because I'm asking for more features. SORRY.

I think it would be a good idea if skins had the ability to be able to move Osu! elements around, such as the giant start-menu Osu! image and menu behind it. Imagine it could be moved downward-right and made smaller to reveal a custom clean background such as:

So that's one idea, to be able to manipulate objects you currently can't (I know you can have a custom background). I think a simple way to do this and to have it compatible with all resolutions would be to say, in the skin.ini, have the menu-big-button-logo-thing, as:

[ Osu!MenuLogo ]
transparency: 50%
location: SE (South East, so snappeing the border of it to the corners)
locationpadding: 0% 0% 1.2% 1.2% (percent of screen that padding will be: Top, Left, Right, Bottom)
selectorsdirection: N (north so then the single,multi, etc come up north. Or, West would look better perhaps)
profilebox: SE
profileboxpadding: 0% 0% 2.3% 2.3% (same as 'locationpadding' but for the profile summary. In this example, it would be inside the bottom of the menu)
profileboxtransparency: 50%

Once again I'm only throwing ideas out there to see if you guys agree with this on me.
I quite like the options menu, but maybe as an idea the section buttons be at the top?

[ Options ]
navbar: Top (For north... I know.... reminded me of HTML too....)

I'm only throwing ideas out there as I go through Osu! as I'm typing to come up with ideas. I understand that if these ideas are implemented that it has the possibility to cause more bugs than this:

:D

But I think as a community of hidden devs, supporters, idea people, artists, we could help sort out these bugs.
And now I'm out of ideas for this proposal. The main idea of this was to type my idea in forums with only the main menu in mind because I noticed that in terms of skinning, it doesn't have much customizability.

Well, tell me what you guys think. If you think its a horrible idea and that I should never post on the forums again, tell me (It wont stop me :D ).
Or if you think its a great idea then also say something.
Look forward to hearing from you guys!
Seijiro
Yeah man, I like this idea, since it's always hard to find bgs which fit the main menu. I saw some players complaining about this too...

What I'd also like to say is that this isn't quite easy to add atm. I know peppy and flyte are renovating the whole game and site's graphics with a couple of new big game updates so I dunno if this will be implemented easily. Maybe it's just something even a 5 years old could make but you should wait for someone else's comment (maybe someone with more knowledge than me).

Anyway, I'd really like to see this implemented. I'd also be more motivated to buy the supporter to see my main menu Bg :D
Topic Starter
PieInOblivion
[quote="[-MrSergio-]"
What I'd also like to say is that this isn't quite easy to add atm. I know peppy and flyte are renovating the whole game and site's graphics with a couple of new big game updates so I dunno if this will be implemented easily. Maybe it's just something even a 5 years old could make but you should wait for someone else's comment (maybe someone with more knowledge than me). [/quote]

Yeah man, I've actually emailed Dean with similar idea like this one and he said go ahead, but I'm holding back because I'm unsure if Osu! will pick up on the changes and ban me :? . But with enough people wanting this feature (And assurance I won't get banned if I test online), then I might put the time in myself to accomplish this myself or with some help from people who want this too.

In my head, there is a file somewhere or a line of code that tells Osu! that image to centre on the screen. So In my mind I should be able to take what Dean, Peppy and others have done (to read certain code from another file) and then implement it and change it slightly so it reads the image location from a skin.ini file... Simple... I'm going to regret saying that... But if not enough people want this then its a waste of time, but thanks for the support!
Oinari-sama
Post your idea here instead: t/194022