forum

[resolved] Tweaks related to Map Collections

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
1. Renaming collections from the collection title. Currently, the only way to rename a collection is from a song within it. When right-clicking a collection title, the only option is to delete the collection. I think it would make sense to also be able to rename a collection from this menu. (Collection menu from a song within it (has rename) and collection menu from its title (does not have rename))

stuff partially covered by other threads
2. Having the collection remain open after removing a map from it. If a collection contains a mapset and 1 individual map is removed from the collection, the song continues playing but the collection is closed afterwards, as seen here and subsequently here. In this case, it would make sense to focus onto one of the remaining maps of that mapset in the collection. The desired behaviour is what currently happens when a mapset is deleted (rather than removed) from within a collection.

If all the maps within a mapset are removed, the song also continues to play and the collection is also closed, as seen here and here. In this case, it would make sense to go to the next song in that collection, or to the first song of the next collection if the removed song was the only song in the collection.

3. The collections tab currently does not show up in any of the non-widescreen resolutions. From 800x600 to 1400x1050, the tab simply doesn't show up (note I am using the default skin), probably because there isn't enough space. This could probably be fixed by reducing their width (or adding a scrolling mechanism).

I know these aren't super important, but I think they make sense and would be nice to have. Also please do not make fun of my collections :)
Oinari-sama
Not sure about #1, but #2 has been mentioned elsewhere a few time (can't find it, sorry ;w;). Also see t/212888 as an alternative.

#3 has been raised a few times (eg t/309322) but I can't find a direct request on this at the moment. Here're are a few (imo better) alternatives to avoid clutters: t/146566, t/79741 & t/129905
Topic Starter
I've promoted the relevant threads, should I remove #2 and 3 from my original post (I still couldn't find anything on #1)
Oinari-sama
Yeah I think that'll be better. Just put #2 #3 in a box or something.