forum

At the end, my efforts are worthless.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Frc
Well, I made a thread a while ago talking about trouble at streams, and I found that it was because I lacked of strenght. Curiously, it took me only like 1 day to overcome that problem and I could do 200-210 normally, I trained heavily 5,5-6,5 maps that I had a B/C in them for a week, but I noticed that my hands were hurting and stopped playing for like 4 days.

I came back like 3 days ago, and after two days, I noticed that I simply can´t stream stabily over 170, but that it´s even worse, when I do long streams (not really long tho, like 10 notes are enough) of 170+ my left wrist start to hurt, and when I play 200 it is more evident. It´s not a big pain, i can hold it, but a friend told me that it can get worse.

The thing that annoys me the most is when I try to do those streams, after 5 notes usually is a bunch of 100 and then 50, that means I lost the few stamina I had? I hate this. I don´t know if i should get a rest (again) because I think it will only harm my performance again, the stretches I do before playing don´t seem to work anymore. It´s like I got stuck in some point and now I´m falling in skill terms.

Playing most of days a lot of hours (300 pc/day) and trying to do everything fine too. I didn´t went into DT because I heard that people who base their skill in Ar8 DT get stuck in 2-3k, and I aspire to get in the high tier someday, I didn´t went into HR too because I heard that learning Ar10 before you are skilled enough (3-4k) can do more harm than good. But I don´t get the point of knowing how to 120-160 and reading 7 to 9 when I can´t get in any way into the high Ar and Bpm. Now this problem of the wrist just seem to try to end all of this, because I had this "slighty pain" for 3 days.

The sad thing is even if I´m gaining pp and ranks, I noticed that it´s not at the same rate, I know that if this continue happening, I´ll get stuck soon, and I don´t think how I would recover of that.

I should play more and try to get rid of the pain or I should take other rest?
It would be really pathetic if I get RSI when I´m not even a good player
Yuudachi-kun
I played this map a lot and it gave me stamina.

https://osu.ppy.sh/b/134856?m=0

Not to mention all the image material, heroes of our time, Fallen world, and FD Another plays

You could become ZenithPhantasm and complain about RSI all the time, though.
Mahogany
N E V E R G I V E U P
-sev
Use common sense.

Or,

Kheldragar wrote:

You could become ZenithPhantasm and complain about RSI all the time
E m i

FrcV wrote:

when I do long streams (not really long tho, like 10 notes are enough) of 170+ my left wrist start to hurt, and when I play 200 it is more evident. It´s not a big pain, i can hold it
an accurate description of muscle fatigue i guess?

FrcV wrote:

The thing that annoys me the most is when I try to do those streams, after 5 notes usually is a bunch of 100 and then 50, that means I lost the few stamina I had?
people often complain about finger locking/freezing/whatever
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscle_fat ... us_fatigue

Wikipedia wrote:

After a period of maximum contraction, the nerve’s signal reduces in frequency and the force generated by the contraction diminishes. There is no sensation of pain or discomfort, the muscle appears to simply ‘stop listening’ and gradually cease to move, often going backwards.
i'd recommend simply warming up on stream maps, as I don't experience the finger locking issue after a decent warm up.
Bauxe
If you kept gaining ranks and PP at a consistent speed, you would be rank 1 in no time at all.

FrcV wrote:

I didn´t went into HR too because I heard that learning Ar10 before you are skilled enough (3-4k) can do more harm than good.
who told you this?
also

Bauxe wrote:

If you kept gaining ranks and PP at a consistent speed, you would be rank 1 in no time at all.
this
ZenithPhantasm
RSI 8-)
Lagel

Faces3 wrote:

FrcV wrote:

I didn´t went into HR too because I heard that learning Ar10 before you are skilled enough (3-4k) can do more harm than good.
who told you this?
I once asked Kynan for help and he said don't touch ar10 till i'm a similar rank, unless i want to be stuck on fast songs and not be able to play anything slow
Yuudachi-kun
The problem isn't touching ar10; it's exclusively playing it.
DT-sama
Strategas
You're trying to hard. You should be happy to be at this rank with such a short time of playing.
But to answer you, it was already mentioned about fatigue.
ZenithPhantasm
Yes I managed to break a keycap by playing osu. I also managed to dent my mech's metal plate slightly
E m i
what are those hairs on your finger
ZenithPhantasm

[ Momiji ] wrote:

what are those hairs on your finger
That is dry cracked skin becsuse this photo was taken in the winter 2 months ago. And probably dust and loose fibers from my mousepad+keyboard.
Kouya-

Mahoganytooth wrote:

N E V E R G I V E U P
whyterice
I have the same problem, I want to play relatively fast streams all the time but my tendons and wrists get too strained and I ended up needing to rest for days to feel 100% again (and took 2 breaks of 7-10 days each without any playing).

think about what your fingers and wrist feel like. If grip is weak or some pain is there, youre still recovering and should take it easy if youre gonna play (can always try trickier low bpm stuff or high od/cs).

A couple other things I do now is take 5-10 min breaks when Im playing, and 30 sec to a min between intense stuff instead of spamming constantly. also, been doing stretching and slower stuff to warm up, its all helping so far.

300 pc a day with lots of streams is so much more clicking than jumpy slower stuff, it makes sense to have to play less maps or take more breaks when making that transition. I'm forcing myself to play less and slowly increase volume as well. It's tough when you have a lot of time and motivation!
-Makishima S-
You don't imagine how i am crying when i see my friends playing all this insane maps, reading ar9+ without problem on multi while i just play them on relax but...

I don't even think to give up and throw this away. There will be one day when i will just sit with them and start overtaking MVP.

As others say - N E V E R G I V E U P!

Play for fun, let skill come to you.
Upskirt

Kheldragar wrote:

I played this map a lot and it gave me stamina.

https://osu.ppy.sh/b/134856?m=0

Not to mention all the image material, heroes of our time, Fallen world, and FD Another plays

You could become ZenithPhantasm and complain about RSI all the time, though.
Ayy lmao Image Material!!
Yuudachi-kun
I passed image material a total of 3 times now. I just need stamina :(
pandaBee
In the end, it doesn't even matter.
Topic Starter
Frc

Faces3 wrote:

FrcV wrote:

who told you this?
also

Bauxe wrote:

this
https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/246510
Yuudachi-kun

pandaBee wrote:

In the end, it doesn't even matter.
I tried so hard
KanoSet
think less, relax, enjoy and have fun
and don't over do it does that make any sense? :3
pandaBee

Kheldragar wrote:

I tried so hard
I didn't get very far.
Ohrami
ZenithPhantasm
Thread derailed 8-)
Topic Starter
Frc

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Thread derailed 8-)
People should keep this kind of s*** for General Discussion or Off Topic so they don´t ruin threads searching for help...
drum drum

FrcV wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Thread derailed 8-)
People should keep this kind of s*** for General Discussion or Off Topic so they don´t ruin threads searching for help...
more like off-topic but okay
ZenithPhantasm
Hi
show more