forum

Would a feature request for hit circles fit here? [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Zetta
I detest streams, like many other people do. Some people lvoe them, I am not one of these people but still I do them out of sheer necessity.

More often than not I find myself hitting the hit circle that's after the one I'm supposed to hit so my stream turns to shit.

I'm just curious if a feature request to have hit circles unhittable until the previous note has been hit to stop this.

I'm not sure if it's an added challenge to stream and delete this if it is intended but if it's not this would surely make doing streams a lot easier than it currently is.
Randy96
This lowers the difficulty of the map?
Derekku
If you're hitting the wrong hit circle, then you're out-of-range of the one you're supposed to be hitting. Adding a feature like this wouldn't do anything because you'd still be getting a miss either way.

Just practice more and you'll find streams easy eventually.
Topic Starter
Zetta

Randy96 wrote:

This lowers the difficulty of the map?
Theoretically, yes.

@Derekku, It's not more about practising I'm actually more interested to know if the game is supposed to be played like this?

As in, if I hit a circle before the circle I'm MEANT to hit because of an over lapping error or something, should it punish me for that?

Maybe there could be a "Circle stream" option, it's the same as a circle but it makes it so only those few circles can't be tapped before the previous circles, ruling out any miss clicking or overlapping.
Derekku
Let me try explaining again by having you picture overlapping streams as stacked notes. osu! will obviously know which note is on top of which, but if your cursor isn't on the note at all, then you're going to miss. So if you're missing notes in streams, you're either moving your cursor too fast or too slow to hit the correct note.
awp
Of course the alternative to this is don't play streamy songs

I tend to avoid them (in the rare event that I do play osu!) because I like something that feels rhythmic and gives me the impression that some thought went into it
mm201
Wait a minute, wait a minute--isn't this already the case?
Lilac

MetalMario201 wrote:

I would like to know why this even got denied because it SHOULDN'T HAVE.

Because what the OP said occurs in EBA and Ouendan.
m980

MarioBros777 wrote:

MetalMario201 wrote:

I would like to know why this even got denied because it SHOULDN'T HAVE.

Because what the OP said occurs in EBA and Ouendan.
It was denied because it's already like that. Jeez.