forum

[confirmed] Spectating incorrect map

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
wildcookie
Problem Details:
I wanted to spectate a friend the other day and when I pressed the button to start spectating it didn't do anything for quite a while, so at that time I was randomly picking a beatmap and just as the spectating launched, I pressed on a beatmap in my collection list and apparently this started playing that beatmap I have picked in spectator mode despite my friend was playing another one at that time. For a moment I thought he was just testing his aim because he was clicking inadequately and aiming at what seemed to be random stuff but then I realized that I am somehow shown a wrong beatmap o_o

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20150401.2 (latest)
VeilStar
This is a known issue, extremely hard to replicate though as it's pretty random and requires specific timing.
Quickly searched trough the Confirmed (Low Priority) threads and couldn't find a thread about it.

If you have a way to replicate it please post it.
abraker
p/728130?

It seems to be in the Resolved, not Confirmed (low priority)
VeilStar

abraker wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/728130?

It seems to be in the Resolved, not Confirmed (low priority)
Different issue, and that thread is archived due to inactivity. (4 years old lol)
That thread is basically osu! not recognizing the beatmap to start spectating.
This one is osu! actually spectating the player, but the player playing a different beatmap than the one the spectator sees.
abraker
The second post in that thread looks more on track of what is going on.

Anyway, spent 10 minutes trying to replicate and no luck.
VeilStar

abraker wrote:

The second post in that thread looks more on track of what is going on.
Oh, missed that somehow

abraker wrote:

Anyway, spent 10 minutes trying to replicate and no luck.
Yeah, it's not easy to do. And I'm pretty sure devs are aware that this can happen.

Edit: Well, confirmed + moved to low priority.
Vaporwave
Problem Details:
Was spectating someone (Xilver if you're wondering) and he was picking a new song, so I had access to the song list menu as usual.
I scrolled over another song and then he started playing a different song. It showed he was playing Clock Strikes but he was actually playing Owl City - Gold.

Unsure on how to replicate.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
https://youtu.be/BDBLVF3pFDo

osu! version: 20150717beta
VeilStar
It happens. t/317624

Edit: Merged your post to this thread as that video shows the issue.