forum

Are tablets really that good?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Azurei
My aim isn't very good, I often undershoot or overshoot with my mouse and it's really frustrating, because even after so long, I still make these small mistakes that really annoy me. I've been considering getting a tablet because everyone says it helps improve your aim somehow. Are they actually that good, and should I buy one? I really want to fix this problem. I would appreciate some tips to help my aim, too.

Edit: Also, what are some good but cheap tablets you can recommend?
Yuudachi-kun
The first date on this rank graph is the day before I got my tablet. Judge for yourself.

Barusamikosu
You can still be good with the mouse if you practice enough (I only see 400k hits on your profile which shows you haven't played much yet).

That said, I've never seen any of my friends get worse after switching to tablet, so if you have the money, go for it.

EDIT: You asked for a tablet recommendation. I use Wacom CTL-480 and think it's pretty good. But if you need something cheaper, go with Huion 420 or the osu!tablet.
ZenithPhantasm

Barusamikosu wrote:

That said, I've never seen any of my friends get worse after switching to tablet, so if you have the money, go for it.
And I haven't seen any of my friends switching back ever since they got a tablet.

I am the lone mouse loyalist.
FieryLight
Tbh, you probably just have a bad mouse. If you don't know what acceleration and prediction (aka angle snapping) are then I recommend you look them up. Most mice have these flaws/inconsistencies and it's quite hard to improve because of them. If you haven't already, try unchecking this in your mouse settings:

That'll give you a taste of better mouse consistency (though still not perfect)
ZenithPhantasm

FieryLight wrote:

Tbh, you probably just have a bad mouse. If you don't know what acceleration and prediction (aka angle snapping) are then I recommend you look them up. Most mice have these flaws/inconsistencies and it's quite hard to improve because of them. If you haven't already, try unchecking this in your mouse settings:

Mice I recommend:

FinalMouse 2015
Roccat Kone Pure Military
Logitech G100S
Logitech G402
Logitech G303
Mionix Avior 7000
Corsair Sabre Optical

These mice have zero acceleration and native dpi at every step.
Yuudachi-kun

Barusamikosu wrote:

You can still be good with the mouse if you practice enough (I only see 400k hits on your profile which shows you haven't played much yet).

EDIT: You asked for a tablet recommendation. I use Wacom CTL-480 and think it's pretty good. But if you need something cheaper, go with Huion 420 or the osu!tablet.
The 420 is the only good tablet.
DahplA

Kheldragar wrote:

420 tablet it
Topic Starter
Azurei
Thanks for all the replies, I'll try to get a tablet if I can since it's getting so much positivity.

FieryLight wrote:

Yeah, I have mouse acceleration turned off, and I use a Logitech M310t. (not sure if it's good or bad)
Barusamikosu

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

I am the lone mouse loyalist.
I still use my mouse, Zenny just not for osu :(

DahplA wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

420 tablet it
420 is pretty good. I used it for a long time and have no complaints.
Bauxe
Rather than looking for shortcuts, play the game. Buy a tablet if you want, or buy a better mouse. Up to you.

At the end of the day, the only way to actually improve is spend more time playing osu! and less time asking for advice.
trebby
Tablet or mouse don't really matter. It's really just preference, but if you want a tablet, go for it. Many pro players play with mouse like Doomsday or cptnXn.
And I would recommend the Huion 420 for you first tablet, its quite cheap.
Yuudachi-kun

Bauxe wrote:

Rather than looking for shortcuts, play the game. Buy a tablet if you want, or buy a better mouse. Up to you.

At the end of the day, the only way to actually improve is spend more time playing osu! and less time asking for advice.
A tablet is the instant shortcut to 2,000pp.
Mahogany

Kheldragar wrote:

Bauxe wrote:

And a mech keyboard on top of that is the instant shortcut to 2.6kpp

Seriously though (not saying I'm not serious) I jumped straight from FCing 3 star maps to FCing 4 star maps as soon as I got a tablet. Literally all I had to do was adjust my active area and I was already way better.
Bauxe

Kheldragar wrote:

Bauxe wrote:

Too bad 2,000 is still absolutely nothing.
cheezstik
Don't forget to buy colorful rainbow backlit mechanical keyboard.
Yuudachi-kun
Bauxe, you forget the OP is 6 digits.
gregest
when I got my tablet,I wanted to switch back to mouse but I didn't and I'm playing with tablet now,I don't regret it,tablet is better I was stupid when I said tablet is not better,sorry B1rd
-sev
yesh tablets so gud instant rank 1 : DDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Illkryn wrote:

Don't forget to buy colorful rainbow backlit mlg keyboard
for peepee rain
silmarilen

Mahoganytooth wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

And a mech keyboard on top of that is the instant shortcut to 2.6kpp

Seriously though (not saying I'm not serious) I jumped straight from FCing 3 star maps to FCing 4 star maps as soon as I got a tablet. Literally all I had to do was adjust my active area and I was already way better.
i jumped straight from fcing 5 star maps to fcing 3 star maps when i tried out tablet for the first time
Yuudachi-kun
I jumped from 2 to 4 when I tried it out for the first time.
gregest

silmarilen wrote:

i jumped straight from fcing 5 star maps to fcing 3 star maps when i tried out tablet for the first time
I jumped for fcing 4 star maps to not passing anything
E m i
so am I retarded if it took me a month to get as good with tablet as i played mouse only?
Yuudachi-kun

[ Momiji ] wrote:

so am I retarded if it took me a month to get as good with tablet as i played mouse only?
Well something that is retarded is slow.
KanoSet
every time i decide to stay as a mouse player i see these posts and cry
ZenithPhantasm

KanoSet wrote:

I cri eveyrtiem
Yuudachi-kun

KanoSet wrote:

Then stop it.
pandaBee
It's okay for little girls to cry.