forum

[duplicate] [web]Related songs

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Lurei
Well, this is an idea that literally came out of nowhere, when I was exploring several pages of other videogames (not exclusively rhythm games) where you download the maps (or levels) you play from a certain page (pretty much like osu! beatmaps, in this case) and some of those pages got some section called "Related maps/levels/whatever" where some levels with equal difficulty, equal creator or equal settings appear.

It's also pretty much the same when you go to webpages like YouTube (screenshot) and there are some related videos on the right side of screen. In the case of my screenshot, the video I'm watching is an episode of osu!talk, so you're expecting to see osu!-related content on the right side of your screen, and that's what effectively happens here. In my screenshot, you see some videos like Top xx of players on 20xx, top plays of the week, osu!talk episode xx, etc.

So, let's go down to the suggestion. I suggest to add some section called "Related songs" or something like that on this page (my idea is to place that section below the creator's words and the download buttons, for example) on every map with related (of course) songs. They can relate due to the same metadata, BPM, genre or difficulty settings, ranked status or pending, etc. (come on, you can suggest something here). And who knows, maybe doing the same for osu!direct too (through that might be harder, since osu!direct is such a long list).

This way, you can save ppl some time from using the search function to find other maps of the same "daze (short ver.)" for example, or to find quickly other songs with 198 BPM or with 4.80 Star Rating. Who knows, maybe you could use this section to find the full ver. of the song, to find more moe anime songs or to find the ED of the anime Mekakucity Actors, called days (https://osu.ppy.sh/s/205512).

Well, you can discuss.
-Maus-
Interesting.
sheela
This is a great way to search other interesting beatmaps, and not just for the same song. Related songs / beatmaps can be based on the genre, the tags, or even your levels in your gameplay. I could then download the beatmaps, and farm pp.

I might have seen this similar request before.
Topic Starter
Lurei
Sightly edited OP to reflect what you said.

I used Search before posting this and couldn't find something like this, through. ;w; (sorry if it's a dupe anyway)
Oinari-sama
I'll just link t/274853 since the response would be similar.

Definitely check out t/178973