forum

[duplicate] Osu! ingame visual settings for skins+extra setting options

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Aureal3D
Description:
Hi everyone.Everyone knows that to change your skin combo colors,version and etc. you should change values in skin.ini using text editor.But for a lot of new people that could be a little bit difficult becuase to change skin they should start read manuals and wiki for descriprion of every value(version,rgb color codes and etc.)Why not to create visual interface to edit your skin cfg?The other problem is disabling some parts of skin.To disable some parts of skin like 300s or sliderfollowcircle you should put an empty file with that name,again to know the name of the objects new people should read manuals,but why not to create visual interface for disabling skin parts?You should not create a new skin to disable one skin part,just put tick in settings.Other feature that i want to see is disabling animation of disappearing objects.That would be useful for people with low performance PC and for players who play dt(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdCyCw0zQ_k).Now you can disable animation of disappearing of note by replacing default-0.png - default-9.png for your hitcircles,and hitcircle.png+hitcircleoverlay.png for empty files,set HitCircleOverlayAboveNumer: 1.This is kind of weird+you get bug with overplacing numbers(http://puu.sh/gZVVq/d4d04da40d.jpg).Why not to add an option to disable that animation without that weird manipulations with skin files?Another weird manipulation is disabling slider ends,you should put empty files with names hitcircleoverlay.png+hitcircle.png and hitcircleoverlay-0.png for connected hitcircleoverlay.png+hitcircle.png.Why not to add option to disable that withoud that strange manipulations? Another problem is disabling animation of slider disappearance,that would be cool if there would be option of instant slider disappearance without animation.And other thing that i want to see is toggle between new\old sking selection menu,because new skin menu is not user-friendly with a lot of skins+ old skin preview was better (http://puu.sh/gZWgr/fc370c0873.jpg)
Conclusion:
1.add visual interface for changing skin.ini values
2.add an option to disable any skin file
3.add an option to disable animations and slider ends(animation of sliders and single notes disappearance,that would help for low performance PC and for dt players)
4.add an option to use old skin selection menu to slove problem with a lot of skins
Bara-
1.) Good idea, but IIRC it has been requested before
2.) Just skin it (transparent file)
3.) Isn't this already possible? At least I always thought so
4.) No, it has been changed for a reason, and you should NEVER requests reverts/toggles unless you want to get beaten up by Peppy using his baseball bat
Topic Starter
Aureal3D
I request to do that normally,now all of that features realised in pervert way(and animation disablingby changing files that cause bugs like overplacing notes too).Why slider animation is so important? It's impossiable to remove slider animation and its possiable to get in old skin meny but opening osk file.
Oinari-sama
Use t/304676

And go t/314260 and post detailed description on what's important to you:

peppy wrote:

How about you mention which elements are most important to you when selecting a skin and I'll see what I can do?