forum

Osu! Standard + Catch The Beat

posted
Total Posts
show more
Tokufi
*The player rank should be 200,000 to 50,000
Another note to add is that ctb ranks and standard ranks are very different, considering that there are less people that play ctb. Will there be different rank requirements for each mode?
Minhtam

Tokufi wrote:

Another note to add is that ctb ranks and standard ranks are very different, considering that there are less people that play ctb. Will there be different rank requirements for each mode?
He's right. At the time I'm writing this post, a CtB player with 416 pp is ranked at around 25,000. And you can easily get 416 pp simply by playing 10,000 ranked CtB songs. And that doesn't even factor in the PP given by each song.
CookPeasy
Does Any one want to team with me?
Mofvsnm

Tokufi wrote:

Sorry about not realizing the obvious error. I will give a ranking range for CTB and add more of an explanation to the rules. Please wait patiently until I update the blog. It should be done in a weeks time at the latest. Thank you for understanding.
Topic Starter
SashaB

Tokufi wrote:

If you can't find any low ranks on Catch The Beat then that's fine... c:
xmbrx
I'd like to be part of the staff, can i?
Topic Starter
SashaB

[Rei-tan] wrote:

I'd like to be part of the staff, can i?
Message me about it
[ Onii-chan ]

SashaB wrote:

*The minimum Rank does not matter, you have to be able to play 1-5.5 Stars Maps
I'm 99% certain that a large majority of osu! Standard players in the 200k - 50k range can not play 5 - 5.5 star maps.
Only a very small minority. The ability to actually complete a 5.5star map feels more comfortable in the 20k - 25k range.
Side note: Anyone who can full combo a 4* map will have quickly advanced under 50k into the 40ks with ease as it's about ~1k ranks per full combo.
I feel you should either open the rank up to more higher ranked players or decrease the difficulty to about 4.5 - 5 star as your max
Mofvsnm

[ Onii-chan ] wrote:

SashaB wrote:

I'm 99% certain that a large majority of osu! Standard players in the 200k - 50k range can not play 5 - 5.5 star maps.
Only a very small minority. The ability to actually complete a 5.5star map feels more comfortable in the 20k - 25k range.
Side note: Anyone who can full combo a 4* map will have quickly advanced under 50k into the 40ks with ease as it's about ~1k ranks per full combo.
I feel you should either open the rank up to more higher ranked players or decrease the difficulty to about 4.5 - 5 star as your max
I appreciate your input as I am not able to play that high map rating and was not able to see the fore coming problem. I will try to fix the ranking as well with the rest of the changes. I apologize to our errors and thank you for letting us know.
[ Onii-chan ]

Mofvsnm wrote:

I appreciate your input as I am not able to play that high map rating and was not able to see the fore coming problem. I will try to fix the ranking as well with the rest of the changes. I apologize to our errors and thank you for letting us know.
No problem, if you need any more help with the rank/difficulty scaling I wouldn't mind helping.
Synpoo

[ Onii-chan ] wrote:

SashaB wrote:

Pretty much this.

There's no way players in that rank bracket could even come close to properly passing (i.e not mashing + NF) 5 star maps. Hell, even when I was like rank 30k I could barely play maps above 5 stars.

Also, can you clarify what exactly the first place prize means? It's sorta vague at the moment.
Topic Starter
SashaB
Synpoo
Please calm down. We are still dealing with some issues... Mofvsnm and I are had these questions before.

I appreciate your input as I am not able to play that high map rating and was not able to see the fore coming problem. I will try to fix the ranking as well with the rest of the changes. I apologize to our errors and thank you for letting us know. - Mofvsnm
Topic Starter
SashaB

[ Onii-chan ] wrote:

Mofvsnm wrote:

No problem, if you need any more help with the rank/difficulty scaling I wouldn't mind helping.
If you would like to help you can message me about it c:
Phosphores
I am not sure if you have compared the 5 stars of Catch the Beat to the 5 stars of Standard, but even people in the 1,000 ranks of ctb cannot do 5 stars properly
AcceLT_old
Go Catch the Beat needs more attention its really fun
Stuffed Otter
Std: Rank 50,000
CTB: Rank 20,000

Looking for a team. Can pass 5 star Standard maps, and 3 star CTB maps. Message me if anyone wants to team up.
Phosphores

AcceLT wrote:

Go Catch the Beat needs more attention its really fun
yes we do, ctb underrated ; - ;
tronax
I would like to join :)
tronax
Nvm, didnt notice the maximum rank.
Topic Starter
SashaB
Everyone calm down, we're still fixing a few things...
I can sorta pass a 5 Star map. But i'm not a CTB 100% player. So i'm still trying my best to figure out CTB maps a bit. So It might take some time.
Kisetsunotori

SashaB wrote:

Everyone calm down, we're still fixing a few things...
I can sorta pass a 5 Star map. But i'm not a CTB 100% player. So i'm still trying my best to figure out CTB maps a bit. So It might take some time.
just start with easy 3 stars and stuff then get to harder maps towards finals
Kisetsunotori
i can work as staff and maybe ref for ctb if you want me to ^^
-IceCreamChan-
I wish for to join a team?
could that be fine?
If someone needs meh C:
XD HAHA XD
See everyone sooner or later
:lol: ~Poof~ :lol:
Topic Starter
SashaB

Kisetsunotori wrote:

i can work as staff and maybe ref for ctb if you want me to ^^
You need to message me or Mofvsnm about it c:
xLolicore-
Holy shit summer break 2016 eta
Kasumi-sama
I guess I'll register in it, and hope it won't be closed before the time it's supposed to start-
CTB : Ranked 13,768.
Ayako
when is summer 2016? o.o
Kasumi-sama

[-Ataaraxia-] wrote:

when is summer 2016? o.o
In like 1 year-