forum

Osu! Standard + Catch The Beat

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SashaB
The reason why I made this was because I know a few people like to do Catch The Beat and Standard and I made it just for fun. I get really bored over summer break. So, this will make my boredom gone! We are gonna make Osu!Mania + Taiko after this game.
Rules
Everyone should know the rules by now it's the same rules as the OWC
- No Cheating/Hacking for sure.
- No strong Language in the Matches, be nice to each other.
- Act according to the instructions of the Referee.
Things you need to know
This is gonna be a 4 V 4Team vs. Yes, Team Vs. We're not gonna stream this because I think we are not ready to do anything too big like the others. Plus, It's Team vs, we would have 4 Screens showing each team and 2 people on each team and would be a big pain.
*We'll do 2 Warm-up Matches then go to the real deal
*The game starts in Summer Break 2016 (I have noticed that we don't have that many players that had joined yet)
*There will be a referee so there's no crazy stuff going on.
*The minimum Rank does not matter, you have to be able to play 1-5.5 Stars Maps
*The player rank should be 200,000 to 20,000 [Standard]
*The player rank should be 200,000 to 1,000 (If you can't find any then try to find at least 3 - 1 players that are lower rank in order for you to join) [Catch The Beat]
*At the end of the game do not leave yet. Referee will tell you something really important.
*Catch The Beat players will be with Mofvsnm
*Standard players will be with SashaB
Awards
1st place team will have 1 day time with us + a team wallpaper[Will take a very long time]
The Crew
Organizer: SashaB|Mofvsnm|iComfy
Referee: SashaB|Mofvsnm
Bracket: Mofvsnm
Helper: [Rei-tan]|Kisetsunotori
Post Writer: SashaB
Proofread: Mofvsnm
Catch The Beat: Mofvsnm
Standard: SashaB
Mods
It's un-need to have mods unless your team needs it really badly. You need to ask the Referee about it.
Make sure the referee has the beatmap. If he/she dosen't then wait until they downloaded it.

Tiebreaker:
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/291043
Selecting A Song
To solve this issue of anyone just starting right away. I made this idea or have seen it once, that the referee has the host then gives it to one of the players. The player picks a song then gives it back. This is to prevent any aware of Starting ahead without the other team even ready. Then both side of the teams are ready the referee will start the game.
Anyone who dosen't wanna play but want to watch
I know we don't have a stream or anything to be fancy, but you can spectate us or the people who are participants.
Participants
[Brackets making in progress]
Catch The Beat:

Imouto-
- Flutter -
Storm-
-IceCreamChan-
Tsukiyama
Popo

Rice children-
ExGon
- Magic Bomb -
Dusk
Rice Field Tester
Storm-Ricefield-Fan

Standard: ~non ;A;~

Get a chance to hop on in!

Standard:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/16tbYmF ... g/viewform

Catch The Beat:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1OfCuCk ... 4Sw7w/edit

Thanks for reading this! [Will be updating when need]WE ARE NOT DONE WITH THE POST WE ARE STILL EDITING!
Stuffed Otter
mklm
-SayaKai
Q>>What ranking should be joined?? o:
Tokufi
*The player rank should be 200,000 to 50,000
Another note to add is that ctb ranks and standard ranks are very different, considering that there are less people that play ctb. Will there be different rank requirements for each mode?
Minhtam

Tokufi wrote:

Another note to add is that ctb ranks and standard ranks are very different, considering that there are less people that play ctb. Will there be different rank requirements for each mode?
He's right. At the time I'm writing this post, a CtB player with 416 pp is ranked at around 25,000. And you can easily get 416 pp simply by playing 10,000 ranked CtB songs. And that doesn't even factor in the PP given by each song.
CookPeasy
Does Any one want to team with me?
Mofvsnm

Tokufi wrote:

Sorry about not realizing the obvious error. I will give a ranking range for CTB and add more of an explanation to the rules. Please wait patiently until I update the blog. It should be done in a weeks time at the latest. Thank you for understanding.
Topic Starter
SashaB

Tokufi wrote:

If you can't find any low ranks on Catch The Beat then that's fine... c:
xmbrx
I'd like to be part of the staff, can i?
Topic Starter
SashaB

[Rei-tan] wrote:

I'd like to be part of the staff, can i?
Message me about it
[ Onii-chan ]

SashaB wrote:

I'm 99% certain that a large majority of osu! Standard players in the 200k - 50k range can not play 5 - 5.5 star maps.
Only a very small minority. The ability to actually complete a 5.5star map feels more comfortable in the 20k - 25k range.
Side note: Anyone who can full combo a 4* map will have quickly advanced under 50k into the 40ks with ease as it's about ~1k ranks per full combo.
I feel you should either open the rank up to more higher ranked players or decrease the difficulty to about 4.5 - 5 star as your max
Mofvsnm

[ Onii-chan ] wrote:

SashaB wrote:

I'm 99% certain that a large majority of osu! Standard players in the 200k - 50k range can not play 5 - 5.5 star maps.
Only a very small minority. The ability to actually complete a 5.5star map feels more comfortable in the 20k - 25k range.
Side note: Anyone who can full combo a 4* map will have quickly advanced under 50k into the 40ks with ease as it's about ~1k ranks per full combo.
I feel you should either open the rank up to more higher ranked players or decrease the difficulty to about 4.5 - 5 star as your max
I appreciate your input as I am not able to play that high map rating and was not able to see the fore coming problem. I will try to fix the ranking as well with the rest of the changes. I apologize to our errors and thank you for letting us know.
[ Onii-chan ]

Mofvsnm wrote:

I appreciate your input as I am not able to play that high map rating and was not able to see the fore coming problem. I will try to fix the ranking as well with the rest of the changes. I apologize to our errors and thank you for letting us know.
No problem, if you need any more help with the rank/difficulty scaling I wouldn't mind helping.
Synpoo

[ Onii-chan ] wrote:

SashaB wrote:

Pretty much this.

There's no way players in that rank bracket could even come close to properly passing (i.e not mashing + NF) 5 star maps. Hell, even when I was like rank 30k I could barely play maps above 5 stars.

Also, can you clarify what exactly the first place prize means? It's sorta vague at the moment.
Topic Starter
SashaB
Synpoo
Please calm down. We are still dealing with some issues... Mofvsnm and I are had these questions before.

I appreciate your input as I am not able to play that high map rating and was not able to see the fore coming problem. I will try to fix the ranking as well with the rest of the changes. I apologize to our errors and thank you for letting us know. - Mofvsnm
Topic Starter
SashaB

[ Onii-chan ] wrote:

Mofvsnm wrote:

No problem, if you need any more help with the rank/difficulty scaling I wouldn't mind helping.
If you would like to help you can message me about it c:
Phosphores
I am not sure if you have compared the 5 stars of Catch the Beat to the 5 stars of Standard, but even people in the 1,000 ranks of ctb cannot do 5 stars properly
AcceLT_old
Go Catch the Beat needs more attention its really fun
Stuffed Otter
Std: Rank 50,000
CTB: Rank 20,000

Looking for a team. Can pass 5 star Standard maps, and 3 star CTB maps. Message me if anyone wants to team up.
Phosphores

AcceLT wrote:

Go Catch the Beat needs more attention its really fun
yes we do, ctb underrated ; - ;
tronax
I would like to join :)
tronax
Nvm, didnt notice the maximum rank.
Topic Starter
SashaB
Everyone calm down, we're still fixing a few things...
I can sorta pass a 5 Star map. But i'm not a CTB 100% player. So i'm still trying my best to figure out CTB maps a bit. So It might take some time.
Kisetsunotori

SashaB wrote:

Everyone calm down, we're still fixing a few things...
I can sorta pass a 5 Star map. But i'm not a CTB 100% player. So i'm still trying my best to figure out CTB maps a bit. So It might take some time.
just start with easy 3 stars and stuff then get to harder maps towards finals
Kisetsunotori
i can work as staff and maybe ref for ctb if you want me to ^^
-IceCreamChan-
I wish for to join a team?
could that be fine?
If someone needs meh C:
XD HAHA XD
See everyone sooner or later
:lol: ~Poof~ :lol:
Topic Starter
SashaB

Kisetsunotori wrote:

i can work as staff and maybe ref for ctb if you want me to ^^
You need to message me or Mofvsnm about it c:
xLolicore-
Holy shit summer break 2016 eta
Kasumi-sama
I guess I'll register in it, and hope it won't be closed before the time it's supposed to start-
CTB : Ranked 13,768.
Ayako
when is summer 2016? o.o
Kasumi-sama

[-Ataaraxia-] wrote:

when is summer 2016? o.o
In like 1 year-