forum

Spring 2015 Anime First Impressions Chart

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kyonko Hizara
It's that time of year again for the new anime season! The spring season will be covering anime from April-June, the site I use for reference is Anichart.

The chart can be viewed here.

Remember the colour guide!:
Green is for liked
Blue is for neutral
Red is for disliked

The only people who will be able to edit the doc are I and blissfulyoshi.
Justykanna
Thanks for putting this together, Kyonko Hizara. =)
Will definitely be checking out Seraph To The End!
Green Platinum
How come till just now did I never hear of Lupin the Third for 2015?
Ceph23
This is my kind of season. Romcom and Slice of life anime a plenty. :D

Looking Forward to Nisekoi, OreGairu. Grisaia no Rakuen (pretty interested in how they decide to do this), Hello! kiniro Mosiac, Nagato-chan no shoushitsu and the new Digimon.

I really shouldn't watch all of these simultaneously.
Hidden-
Mostly waiting on The new Digimon, for nostalgia issue, new high school DxD, fan service but hey, who gives a f :P , Nisekoi same as previous one, Nagato Yuki-Chan no shoushitsu, because melancholy of Haruhi, was one of my personal favorite, as I've read all the current light novel release on it and I've read a couple of manga from Yuki a while ago, it seemed less interesting but I still can't wait to see what they'll do with it. I also want to see the OVA from Shigatsu but mostly it'll probably be an alternative ending from what the fan wanted, which will imo, ruin the end, as I think the end was the best way they could have ended that anime but yeah, we'll see.
kyle8998
Super hyped for Nisekoi: and Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works :)
DahplA
Hell yeah Love Live movie hype!
[Superstar]_old
Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works :D

I think Plastic Memories looks really good!
Topic Starter
Kyonko Hizara
Season starts today go!
blissfulyoshi

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

Season starts today go!
When the only episode 1 you can find is the raw for Battle Spirits - Burning Soul, you are exactly hyped to leave the starting line xD.
Topic Starter
Kyonko Hizara

blissfulyoshi wrote:

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

Season starts today go!
When the only episode 1 you can find is the raw for Battle Spirits - Burning Soul, you are exactly hyped to leave the starting line xD.
There has to be someone, somewhere that is waiting to get their fix of Battle Spirits :U

I guess tho today and tomorrow are really more so the start days.
Green Platinum
All the Battle Spirits haters.
NicoNicoNiii
I'm looking forward to arslan senki, hibike,new digimon,nagato haruhi. I was a fan of digimon when I was a kid so hope they dont mess it up too much so I can get some nostalgia from it.
Navizel
Danna ga Nani wo Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken S2 - Average at best as usual. Still not into the series but it's passable.

Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku - Seems to me 8man's design looked worse. Great pacing imo although LN readers said it's rushed. Yanagi Nagi OP +1. Getting used to the new art and studio might take a while but hey, at least the studio isn't Diomedea or 8bit.
Green Platinum
Yanagi Nagi is too good for Yahari
blissfulyoshi
Danna ga Nani wo Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken S2: As Navizel, okay at best. Execution of the jokes wasn't that great, so at most I had a small grin, while being bored the rest of the time.

Shokugeki no Soma: Too much boring fanservice! Seriously though, every time food shows up on screen, a female gets raped. I know that the later part of Soma actually gets more of a plot, but I know I hated the earlier chapters for just being cliche fanservice and nothing else. While animation and detail is decent overall, those horrible backgrounds and those misformed legs. Add on the fact that the anime is slow paced and even more overdramatized than the manga, and you get a mess.
DahplA

blissfulyoshi wrote:

Shokugeki no Soma: Too much boring fanservice! Seriously though, every time food shows up on screen, a female gets raped. I know that the later part of Soma actually gets more of a plot, but I know I hated the earlier chapters for just being cliche fanservice and nothing else. While animation and detail is decent overall, those horrible backgrounds and those misformed legs. Add on the fact that the anime is slow paced and even more overdramatized than the manga, and you get a mess.
;_; That's a shame. I was going to check out that anime. This gives me second thoughts.
blissfulyoshi

DahplA wrote:

blissfulyoshi wrote:

;_; That's a shame. I was going to check out that anime. This gives me second thoughts.
If you read the earlier parts of the manga before, you know what to expect. The manga does get better over time, so I'm pretty sure so will the anime. However, if you don't care much about food or fanservice, it is probably not the series for you.
Green Platinum
If feel they made the first episode of Shokugeki no Soma so slow paced with the intention of having the entry exam as a cliffhanger. The series is definitely going to be more worthwhile than Koufuku Graffiti, not that it's a high hurdle anyway.
blissfulyoshi

Green Platinum wrote:

If feel they made the first episode of Shokugeki no Soma so slow paced with the intention of having the entry exam as a cliffhanger. The series is definitely going to be more worthwhile than Koufuku Graffiti, not that it's a high hurdle anyway.
Soma barely needs to try to be better than Koufuku Graffiti, that bar is so incredbily low xD

Danmachi: Wow, half of vol 1 in 1 ep. Admittedly most of that is rpg terminology and his explorations in the dungeons, but the show did manage to quickly and nicely summarize Bell's beliefs and goals while both showing the cheerful naive Bell with the sad and angry bell. Not the nicest animated show but it had passable action scenes with a nice bit of humor. Only saying blue since their pace is a bit fast and worrying for future arcs.

As a note, Danmachi is a story of youthful dreams. Don't expect anything too deep or dark.
show more