forum

[invalid] Performance rankings based on input method

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Adrim
As a mouse-keyboard player, I'd like to know where I match up against other mouse-keyboard players. There's an obvious discrepancy between using a mouse and a tablet (A cursory look at the top players shows that tablet-keyboard is the most efficient way to play) but I don't own a tablet nor do I have a desire to play using one so it'd be nice to be able to gauge my skill against only players on an equal field.

Sorry if this is a common suggestion or anything - I don't use the forums much.
Bara-
No
Why not?
Who says what device people are using
People who use tablet can also select mouse, to look better
- Marco -

baraatje123 wrote:

Who says what device people are using
People who use tablet can also select mouse, to look better
pretty much this
Topic Starter
Adrim
Is there any way they could track input method on a song to song basis? I never put in mouse and keyboard yet my profile knows that's what I use so I assume they actually detect what you use at some point at least.
Bara-
Nope
The only way it's shown on your profile is because you set it once
XER0qxx
There's no proof that tablet is better than mouse. Imo it's more likely that many of the top ranked players use tablets because only those committed to the game are likely to spend money on a peripheral for it, and if you're committed to the game you're gonna end up a high rank regardless of what device you use. Mouse players are generally casual players who don't want to spend a lot of money on a tablet just for a game they're not invested in, and therefore generally these mouse players don't end up as highly ranked as tablet players do. So I think it's basically pointless to have separate rankings for mouse and tablet. Some top players use a mouse after all so I don't see how tablets are magically better. It's just that being committed to this game, you'll want to try using a tablet, and if you get one you're most likely gonna stick with it since you spent money on it just for osu!.
Oinari-sama
Requested and denied before: t/155597