forum

June 2010 Monthly Chart

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cyclone
A new chart has been made and is ready to be played. You can view the current standings and the song list here.

Last month's winners are, yet again, Cookiezi, youngdow, and mikhe. Congratulations to those three. Their supporter status will be extended for another month.
RandomJibberish
Mmm, this has been a good month of maps.
Zekira
Cookiezi, youngdow, and mikhe.
I'm almost tempted to tally the ranking charts everyday and actually try to see if there are actually people who are trying to knock these 3 down -_-

No offense youngdow but someone'll have to be better than you someday :P
MMzz

Zekira wrote:

Cookiezi, youngdow, and mikhe.
I'm almost tempted to tally the ranking charts everyday and actually try to see if there are actually people who are trying to knock these 3 down -_-

No offense youngdow but someone'll have to be better than you someday :P
Won't matter, he will just do that Hidden+Hardrock+Flashlight thing (The whole "Cheating" thing ._. I don't think it's cheating really, but just annoying.) if you get near him.
Zekira
It makes me wonder why people don't even bother trying it out, too.

I mean, 30 days is an insanely long time. You can concentrate on memorizing a map in one day then HRFLH it on that same day. In less than a month you should probably have HRFLH on all the songs by then.
Gabi

Zekira wrote:

It makes me wonder why people don't even bother trying it out, too.

I mean, 30 days is an insanely long time. You can concentrate on memorizing a map in one day then HRFLH it on that same day. In less than a month you should probably have HRFLH on all the songs by then.
agreed, because people totally don't want to go out and be with their friends, do school work, go to work. they would rather constantly sit on osu! for 1 month and try to win a contest.

oh no it doesn't work like that, atleast not for the majority of us.

It's pretty funny, it's always the same people posting on this topic complaining, lol
Mystearica
It makes certain people feel better if there are more things going on in this place.

It's not a bad idea in of itself but I don't know why it runs if those three always wins every chart. Like Gabi says people have lives to attend to and other things and if these people (presumably fairly young or something) can invest the time consistently then hey, whocares it's their choice. No need to complain right?

At least there's a good map in this month's chart, darri mix ftw. Things are looking better :)

Oh I take that back your diff in Melt in the sky is pretty awesome too, that makes 2~
MegaManEXE

Mystearica wrote:

Oh I take that back your diff in Melt in the sky is pretty awesome too, that makes 2~
What about mine :(

lol normals
ljqandylee
BUG Report!
In Taiko Mode I played a map (IOSYS - Danzai Yamaxanadu [Eternal Damnation] ) twice, first time I got 1.11 million, and it was added to my Ranked Score;
while the 2nd time I got 1.18 million and my Ranked Score increased 1.18 million instead of 0.07 million……

So now I've played 5 maps and my Ranked Score is 6,036,634
List:
Lostprophets - A Town Called Hypocrisy [Lesjuh]---1,001,690
Green Day - American Idiot [Insane]--------------------769,310
Robbie Williams - Bodies [Insane]------------------------763,930
Paramore - Brick By Boring Brick [Hard]---------------1,203,950
IOSYS - Danzai Yamaxanadu [Eternal Damnation]
-------------------------------------------------1st time---1,110,494
-------------------------------------------------2nd time--1,187,260
======================================

so this could be the only way to beat youngdow? :D
youngdow
I don't play Ranking Chart Song anymore.

GoGo~ ljqandylee ^.^
Sonic Fumes
wow! im gonna love this :D
mikhe

youngdow wrote:

GoGo~ ljqandylee ^.^
lol, why? D:

ljqandylee wrote:

BUG Report!
In Taiko Mode I played a map (IOSYS - Danzai Yamaxanadu [Eternal Damnation] ) twice, first time I got 1.11 million, and it was added to my Ranked Score;
while the 2nd time I got 1.18 million and my Ranked Score increased 1.18 million instead of 0.07 million……

List:

Wait wait wait... this problem is a great problem, must be fixed now O_o
Roddie

mikhe wrote:

youngdow wrote:

GoGo~ ljqandylee ^.^
lol, why? D:
He lets someone have their chance of winning the charts, perhaps? :P
ztrot
Umm what happend to the 2 maps per mapper limit? on the charts?
Vpalach

ljqandylee wrote:

BUG Report!

List:

It seems, that this bug also affects osu mode.
peppy

ljqandylee wrote:

BUG Report!
Thanks for reporting this. I will look into it tomorrow.
Larto

ztrot wrote:

Cyclone said that rule was never official =] Hey, 3 maps by one mapper isn't thaaaaat bad anyways.
GladiOol

Larto wrote:

ztrot wrote:

Cyclone said that rule was never official =] Hey, 3 maps by one mapper isn't thaaaaat bad anyways.
Because they're your maps XD

Haha, but that rule would make no sense. If that mapper makes good maps, they should come on the chart.
mikhe

Cyclone wrote:

Last month's winners are, yet again, Cookiezi, youngdow, and mikhe. Congratulations to those three. Their supporter status will be extended for another month.
Cookiezi, youngdow and me are waiting new profile badge (May month), or Has this prize been eliminated??

(The supporter status still is active)
Hanyuu
i will try to beat cookie this or maybe next month :? :? :? :?
Roddie

mikhe wrote:

Cyclone wrote:

Cookiezi, youngdow and me are waiting new profile badge (May month), or Has this prize been eliminated??

(The supporter status still is active)
Have some patience, dude. =_=
mikhe

hybrid579 wrote:

Have some patience, dude. =_=
I'm only remember it, i'm waiting patient

Edit: today the supporter month finished D:!
Nashmun

peppy wrote:

ljqandylee wrote:

BUG Report!
Thanks for reporting this. I will look into it tomorrow.
Is this bug fixed ? Because, in taiko mode, I have higher scores than andrew000000 in every map of the chart, but he still have 400,000pts more than me O.o. So I assume he got that bug too =).
ljqandylee

Nashmun wrote:

Is this bug fixed ? Because, in taiko mode, I have higher scores than andrew000000 in every map of the chart, but he still have 400,000pts more than me O.o. So I assume he got that bug too =).
andrew000000 only got 4"S" and 6"A" in the chart, so it's obvious that the bug still affects him……
so when could this bug be fixed? I just wanna play the chart normally :(
NatsumeRin
waiting for the result and then decide if i should take part in... :P
kvnyaoi
shit i was gonna post something on the danzai bug coz i was like wtf and somewhat excited orz
and dear lord even with an extra 1mil score kanopu is just under. prepare to battle it out with youngdow? lolol.

also eternal damnation to you zekira for such a rage worthy map to play in taiko >:( just kidding

just to make things clear that is NOT my score. minus around 1.3 mil off. and kanopu has not been affected by the bug. i've seen his scores on the maps and they're all way above me. even though i fc'd everything.
MMzz
I would hop in this, but I really don't want too.
(I'd just end up Hidden FCing everything to win like I did last time lol)

I'm rooting for kvnyaoi.
youngdow
In Taiko,

kanopu & knvyaoi scores are affected by the BUG So they have too much score to get over. (Danzai Yamaxanadu[Eternal Damnation])

It is too hard to beat their score.

I wish this BUG would be fixed ASAP.
peppy
It will be fixed soon. Bear with me.
Gens
I got the idea from DxS. All chart's maps have been packed up. http://www.mediafire.com/?tja02zcongm
mikhe

peppy wrote:

It will be fixed soon. Bear with me.
25 june... it will finish 30 june... i think you need go fast peppy
ouranhshc
so what exactly is going on again?
Topic Starter
Cyclone
Sorry for not keeping everybody updated. The issue with Danzai Yamaxanadu's Approved difficulty still has not been resolved, therefore we aren't announcing winners at this time. Also, Monthly Charts will be taking the month of July off. Mappers have no fear though, as all maps from June will be eligible next time around. I am sorry for any inconvenience this causes. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me personally. (IRC works well.)
ouranhshc
will there be more maps in next month's chart or the normal 18 maps
Topic Starter
Cyclone
To be determined.
KRZY
thanks for the update cyc :D was kinda looking forward to the next chart but oh well, maybe next time
mikhe

Cyclone wrote:

Sorry for not keeping everybody updated. The issue with Danzai Yamaxanadu's Approved difficulty still has not been resolved, therefore we aren't announcing winners at this time. Also, Monthly Charts will be taking the month of July off. Mappers have no fear though, as all maps from June will be eligible next time around. I am sorry for any inconvenience this causes. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me personally. (IRC works well.)
This bug only affect to Taiko mode, then cookiezi and me, are winner??? =w=
Doomsday

mikhe wrote:

The bug affects osu!standard as well.
ouranhshc
so... what is the bug
mikhe

Doomsday93 wrote:

mikhe wrote:

The bug affects osu!standard as well.
Then is better recalculate ALL score without this map (all diffs).
IOSYS - Danzai Yamaxanadu

I think is fair that we eliminate it, and count only 17 maps.
Yes or No? (I think good idea, and not neccesary see if someone bug his score or not ^^)

ouranhshc wrote:

so... what is the bug
See it ouranhshc...

ljqandylee wrote:

BUG Report!

List:

ouranhshc
i see it >.<
mikhe

ouranhshc wrote:

i see it >.<
Oke, then, this BUG affect (seem) all modes.. taiko, osu! and ctb.
So is better not count it (all diffs), because if we not count this aproval-diff (IOSYS - Danzai Yamaxanadu [Eternal Damnation]), for people like me what played only this diff (Eternal Damnation) in this map (IOSYS - Danzai Yamaxanadu), isnt fair.

Count 17 maps/songs better to solve this trouble and see real winners =w=
ouranhshc
it wouldn't be fair if everyone that is atleast in the Top 40 played every map (which i highly doubt)
DeathxShinigami

ouranhshc wrote:

it would be fair if everyone that is atleast in the Top 40 played every map (which i highly doubt)
Fun fact: I tend to play every map in the monthly chart barring octobers and the best 20 maps one.
ouranhshc

DeathxShinigami wrote:

ouranhshc wrote:

it wouldn't be fair if everyone that is atleast in the Top 40 played every map (which i highly doubt)
Fun fact: I tend to play every map in the monthly chart barring octobers and the best 20 maps one.
yeah only 1 person out of 12,455 participants.

Basically what im trying to says. Not everyone has played that map, therefore some people could actually go down in the ranking charts.
Danzai alone is 5mil + 13mill + 19mil = for a total 37 mill.
Whatcha Say adds up to roughly 15 mill
Dinosaur is roughly 7mill +/- 1mill

overall some people would be hurt more than others.
eMkay
hum... seems quite strange to me, that the maximum score you can reach in this june ranking chart is about 150 million , but Cookiezi has 169 million points :roll:
I calculated all the max scores of all ranking chart maps Cookiezi played and only get around 149 million poinst ....
Maybe it's because of the reported bug, but hmm... just maybe.