forum

Ability to group beatmaps by beatmap packs.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +6
Topic Starter
The Veldt
I have too many maps (About 3000) and I like to request to add a new grouping for beatmaps...
What?
Grouping Beatmaps by beatmap packs
Why?
I have too many beatmaps! I want to group it by packs because I download maps through packs and I want to organize my maps through this new grouping
How?
Maybe to get a beatmap's information from the server... It should not take long to catch information, right?
Bara-
Can't you use collections?
I don't see any need for this, considering beatmap packs don't mean anything, just that they are a set of maps
Also, 3000 maps is not too many (I have way over 6000)
Gumpy
https://osu.ppy.sh/p/packlist

Right click a song and click "manage collections"
Topic Starter
The Veldt
Well It's tiring to use collections and group maps :P
Also, even though I have 3000, I can't find sometimes the maps I want when I forget the title and name.
Bara-
So...
You forgot the map's name, but you remember the beatmap pack's Number?
What the heck
Topic Starter
The Veldt
Yes, I can remember through its backgroung thus remembering the pack :3
Bara-
Background??
I think you mean something else than me then 0.o
- Marco -
I guess you are asking group by folder which was removed
Bara-
Gumpy

forbiddenplayer wrote:

Well It's tiring to use collections and group maps :P
Not if you start adding as you play a map.
FurukawaPan
Collections doesn't seem to be the right tool for what OP is requesting, collections lets you make your own list of beatmaps irrespective of what original pack it was a part of, and why should someone spend 1000+ hours manually creating a collection entry for each beatmap when it theoretically could do this automatically corresponding to the pack number on the server?
Oinari-sama

FurukawaPan wrote:

Collections doesn't seem to be the right tool for what OP is requesting, collections lets you make your own list of beatmaps irrespective of what original pack it was a part of, and why should someone spend 1000+ hours manually creating a collection entry for each beatmap when it theoretically could do this automatically corresponding to the pack number on the server?
I'm not sure if it's as simple as you thought. Beatmap pack info isn't displayed in the Beatmap Listing so chances are it isn't tracked at the moment. There's a request for displaying such info: t/87418

@OP: There's this request regarding Filter/Group by Date Ranked, which I think will be better suited for your purpose: t/61864.

Personally I do like others said: I add maps to Collections when I open the Beatmap Packs. To me the pack number is just some random meaningless strings.
Bara-
t/14196
I would honestly NEVER thought this was ever requested
Very surprised (as I wasn't even looking for it)
Yeah it was 6 years ago, but still

Also, 4.000th post
YAAY
/me runs